Options

Posh Pawn on Channel 4

Comments

• Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    We'll have to wait and see, but to say it's all handbags and will now increase is just a wild guess.

Fairly sure this is the last series ever anyway.

Well let's wait and see.

I am guessing more handbags as Claudia is the co-star now. You're guessing not. As you say - we'll find out soon enough.

Even when Jo was in it I thought they featured too many stories about handbags. As the narrator said - it's their biggest strand of business.
  • Options
    HDCriticalFanHDCriticalFan Posts: 1,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only person who thinks that "new Jo", now that she's sitting at a desk, is almost capable of being mistaken for "old Jo" :o
  • Options
    GrafenwalderGrafenwalder Posts: 8,004
    Forum Member
    There was way too much silicone in the most recent episode. It seems a prerequisite to snare a sugar daddy like the two in Spain who wanted loans/sales against very expensive high end cars their sugar daddy had given them.

Why don't they go to work instead of living off wealthy men? :confused:
  • Options
    ocoxocox Posts: 2,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was way too much silicone in the most recent episode. It seems a prerequisite to snare a sugar daddy like the two in Spain who wanted loans/sales against very expensive high end cars their sugar daddy had given them.

Why don't they go to work instead of living off wealthy men? :confused:

Have to admit, this episode was the worst.

What horrible people, I just did not care for them.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,966
    Forum Member
    Has it been axed? It's not looking good is it?
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A new pretty face in the office and no sign of handbag girl. Has she been dumped already for a younger model?
  • Options
    EVIL-MONKEYEVIL-MONKEY Posts: 53,872
    Forum Member
    A new pretty face in the office and no sign of handbag girl. Has she been dumped already for a younger model?

Nope she's still there sitting in her office doing 'work'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope she's still there sitting in her office doing 'work'.

Makes a change. :D Oh here she is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Makes a change. :D Oh here she is.

I feel really sorry for the camera crew having to work in sub-zero conditions to provide life support for those two! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Come on James do a nut cracker! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gosh Lauren Goodyears (?) skin is terrible.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    edited 09/04/17 - 07:43 #313
    Posh Pawn returns of a sixth series! I thought that this had been cancelled and the episodes burned off but it's back at 8pm April 21st.

radiotimes.com/tv-programme/e/fnkhwg/posh-pawn--series-6-episode-1

Handbag girl's show in the picture but not mentioned in the summary so it could be an old pic, James is a fan of 'new things'... :D

(I really miss the old cat emoji I used it a lot!)
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Jo and incessant bloody handbags means I don't bother with this anymore. Used to be good telly but it's worthless now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Straker wrote: »
    No Jo and incessant bloody handbags means I don't bother with this anymore. Used to be good telly but it's worthless now.

I can't even remember if I finished watching the last series there was no promotion for it and it was at an odd time + obviously no Jo and lots of handbags. I might watch the first episode if there isn't anything on just to see what this series like but i don't plan on watching the whole run.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 21/04/17 - 17:25 #316
    Back tonight at 8pm on Channel 4.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    I haven't seen this in ages, I take it the Jo and James double act is still broken up.
    I'm a little surprised how those two c0cking about lifted this show for me.
  • Options
    tinmantinman Posts: 3,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I stopped watching when Jo went.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Caught the last half hour tonight, I was c0ckng about doing electronics, thought this would fit the bill to be on in the background.

I don't think I'll be back for more.
  • Options
    montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's interesting how there has been a mass exodus of staff all the same time. Often in a workplace there are one or two people who make a job bearable, but once they leave it makes everyone realise what an awful place it is to work. I wonder if that was what happened here?

Also I sometime that the show should change it's title to "Bad Plastic Surgery" as it seems that every week at least one of the clients has really bad plastic surgery.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's interesting how there has been a mass exodus of staff all the same time. Often in a workplace there are one or two people who make a job bearable, but once they leave it makes everyone realise what an awful place it is to work. I wonder if that was what happened here?

Also I sometime that the show should change it's title to "Bad Plastic Surgery" as it seems that every week at least one of the clients has really bad plastic surgery.

I haven't watched it since watching the first episode without Jo, who else has left?

:D Yep definately!
  • Options
    euanw1989euanw1989 Posts: 543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The show has definitely lost it now. Just not as good as it used to be.

As for the "human ken doll" who featured in the latest episode what a joke. Claiming he needd £66,000 for driving lessons and his first car when he seems pretty minted as it is. To then say when offered £20,000, "can I buy a car for that?". God help me!
  • Options
    AtlasStonesAtlasStones Posts: 16,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 29/05/17 - 09:10 #323

Not just the clients! ;)

Alvin Stardust's signed guitar was one of the more intresting things they have had in a while.I was quite taken aback by the amount it went for.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Not just the clients! ;)

Alvin Stardust's signed guitar was one of the more intresting things they have had in a while.I was quite taken aback by the amount it went for.

Yeah handbag woman has had a lot of work done also. Especially her lips.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Not just the clients! ;)

Yeah handbag woman has had a lot of work done also. Especially her lips.

I'm starting to wonder if she's part of some sort of invasion...

autons.jpg
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    tinman wrote: »
    I stopped watching when Jo went.

Same here. I gave up with this a few episodes after Jo left. There's only so many bloody handbags I can look at. A handbag is a handbag to me. They all look the same.