ITV To Switch Off ALL Its Channels For One Hour

Comments

• Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about +1 channels. Does that mean you could get 2 hours off or you could avoid the switching off by moving to ITV +1 for an hour.

Just a thought.
  • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder what STV will do for an hour? Bring back the horizontal line/clock or will we have them in panic mode and have programming on instead :D
  • markmagmarkmag Posts: 3,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is what they should be showing at 9.30 on Saturday morning...

ITV: SM:TV
    ITV2: Get Fresh
    ITV3: No. 73
    ITV4: Tiswas
    CITV: Scrambled
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    markmag wrote: »

If it was Tommorrow morning, it would be removing Murder She Wrote for the millionth time.

I agree with your above statement, I don't have kids myself, but have youngsters in my family, and they don't no what they missed
  • Keith_Rigby1Keith_Rigby1 Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hamlet77 wrote: »
    Could they not do it during Corrie

Thats a great idea just turn that corrie cr*p off every night and get everybody walking or running. and maybe the BBC could do the same with Deadenders another pile of cr*p.
    this could be the start of the end for soap rubbish. we can only hope!
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats a great idea just turn that corrie cr*p off every night and get everybody walking or running. and maybe the BBC could do the same with Deadenders another pile of cr*p.
    this could be the start of the end for soap rubbish. we can only hope!

Go into the soap forum and type that in
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go into the soap forum and type that in

just the thought of going into the soap forum is enough to make me feel ill, to think grown men watch sh*te like corri and deadenders is enough to make me feel ill.
    TV for the masses i call it, gets people not to think. i would take all soaps of the air if i had my way. please god this garbage mite be taken off tv and soon.
  • Bandspread199Bandspread199 Posts: 4,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just the thought of going into the soap forum is enough to make me feel ill, to think grown men watch sh*te like corri and deadenders is enough to make me feel ill.
    TV for the masses i call it, gets people not to think. i would take all soaps of the air if i had my way. please god this garbage mite be taken off tv and soon.

Apart from the inanity of this post, it is "might"! "Mite" is a small parasitic bug..oh, see what I did there!:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apart from the inanity of this post, it is "might"! "Mite" is a small parasitic bug..oh, see what I did there!:D:D:D

I see your a soap fan then.:D
    Just think every 30min that garbage soap is on, your life is getting a bit shorter watching that cr*p.:D
  • SambdaSambda Posts: 6,210
    Forum Member
    It's going to happen at 9.30 on a Saturday Morning, so it is not really gonna be effective, only people who will miss out are the Jeremy Kyle fans

And the people who watch that shite really do need to find something else to do with their time.
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it was Tommorrow morning, it would be removing Murder She Wrote for the millionth time.

I agree with your above statement, I don't have kids myself, but have youngsters in my family, and they don't no what they missed
    looking across the network, there is really nothing that anyone would miss, at a time when very few are watching TV.

ITV 1:- Murder She Wrote
    ITV 2:- Corrie Omnibus
    ITV 3:- Poirot: Murder on the Orient Express
    ITV4:- Pawn Stars

all repeats, nothing anyone is staying in for
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They sure are full of themselves. They don't even realise that most people won't even be watching their channels to notice them being switched off.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All 7 channels, I assume they will include all the +1's and HD versions as well ?

And sat morning 9.30 to 10.30 they wont lose many viewers only kids possibly especially on a Bank Holiday weekend.
  • BrianWescombeBrianWescombe Posts: 998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITV could switch off all their channels permanently and I would neither know nor care
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At half 9 on a Saturday, I am normally still in bed, but there are other channels, so pretty much pointless really.
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITV could switch off all their channels permanently and I would neither know nor care
    I dont know, im looking forward to series 2 of Thunderbirds are Go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y2hFqgtjLk

but if it was to move to CBBC or Milkshake, I wouldnt care.
  • finluxfinlux Posts: 3,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ShaunIOW wrote: »
    I thought ITV were aready encouraging viewers to do something else by showing all the crap they do.

:D:D:D
    Post of the year!

Yes, agreed.
  • frank jamesfrank james Posts: 1,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The sad thing about this is more people will be watching the switch off than most of the other channels.
  • GwylfaGwylfa Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am guessing that some of their viewers will stare at a blank screen for an hour and STILL think that ITV is the best!!
  • KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will they play a version of 'ITV Nightscreen' for an hour?
  • dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    markmag wrote: »

This is probably why you should go on youtube type all those programmes in and watch thwem on a saturday morning.
  • mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gwylfa wrote: »
    I am guessing that some of their viewers will stare at a blank screen for an hour and STILL think that ITV is the best!!

Nah, they'll watch the +1 version and say that that ITV's doing it an hour late

https://twitter.com/GoodMornMorons
  • Sun Glasses RonSun Glasses Ron Posts: 17,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it to see if anyone still watches it....?
  • davies88davies88 Posts: 1,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What? Murder She Wrote who they poached of the BBC who showed it for years?:D
  • NS_117NS_117 Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Seems like a gimmick to me. A bit like the time when E4 stopped broadcasting for most of a day to "encourage" people to vote in the General election last year. Rather than doing something more helpful like showing Channel 4's Youth Leader's Debate which was hidden away on their website instead.

A lot of people just aren't interested in sport, so will just watch something else other than what would have been on ITV at that time. Or probably won't be watching at all anyway at 9:30 on a Saturday morning.