What is classed as a good innings these days?

2»

Comments

• Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    John146 wrote: »
    Well being over 70 I think will go an have a lie down.

Hope you get up again. :o
  • contrariancontrarian Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    90 and over.
  • John146John146 Posts: 12,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope you get up again. :o

Oooohhhh Betty!!!!:o:o
  • Bedlam_maidBedlam_maid Posts: 5,922
    Forum Member
    80 and in control of all your faculties.
  • thefairydandythefairydandy Posts: 3,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed. I think it does largely depend on how good you are for your age.

I know what you mean. My great-grandmother was 108 when she died so when I hear of people dying in their 70s it doesn't sound all that old to me.

My grandad who died at 98 was in a pub once, when he was about 80ish, I think. There were a group in the pub singing 'When I'm 64' for a guy's birthday, and they approached my grandad because he was smiling and said, 'it will happen to you one day!'. I hope I picked up the fountain of everlasting youth genes from that side of the family!
  • culturemancultureman Posts: 11,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Depends on wether you are are a man or a woman.
    Also where you live. In the press the other week was a report on how men living in the poorest parts of Mersryside died 30 years earlier than men living in Kensington.
    This after successive Governments pledging to increase social mobility.,:(

Yes the people in Ken & Chel get an additional 30 more years of state pension, health care and all the associated considerable benefits of being elderly, than the poor sods on those parts of Merseyside etc; yet it's the Merseysiders who get vilified as being the unacceptable and unsustainable financial drain on the state. Not the independently well heeled Notting Hill set.

Funny old world.