Mob of women attack homeless man after telling him to 'get a f****** job'

Comments

• annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    Meh. It's going to take more than a single 'study' from a men's rights group to convince me.

perhaps you missed the first sentence of the quote:
    Data from Home Office statistical bulletins and the British Crime Survey show that men made up about 40% of domestic violence victims
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately too much alcohol can turn anyone into a violent arsehole. I've seen something similar happen a few years ago when we were queuing for a taxi. A group of pissed up girls jumped the queue and when a couple remonstrated with them, they kicked off and Started battering the bloke.

What would have heppened If this bloke did fight back and say, broke one of the girls noses, society would automatically brand him a woman beater.
  • What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    perhaps you missed the first sentence of the quote:

They are right to doubt the spin. The report says 40% of victims are men they do not say that 40% of abusers are women as the men's charity then goes on to claim saying thus us ignored.

What percentage of abuse is in gay relations - they have just ignored that demographic. They haven't quoted stats on the gender of abusers which would be useful to back up a claim that more women abuse than is assumed. It looks like they just made that figure up, or fudged it and expected people not to notice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    Unfortunately too much alcohol can turn anyone into a violent arsehole.
    No it doesn't. It allows violent arseholes to feel more relaxed about expressing their nature. Just as it makes affectionate people excessively affectionate, sad people more weepy and happy people more stupidly happy.
  • nessyfencernessyfencer Posts: 9,195
    Forum Member
    It's about time these homeless vermin were moved from our city centres. These women are only standing up to the rules of decency that some councils have started with their by-laws to flush the poor and vulnerable people out of our city centres. I know that there are people less fortunate than myself, but god forbid I should have to look at them when I am out for a drink.
    Forum Member
    They are right to doubt the spin. The report says 40% of victims are men they do not say that 40% of abusers are women as the men's charity then goes on to claim saying thus us ignored.

What percentage of abuse is in gay relations - they have just ignored that demographic. They haven't quoted stats on the gender of abusers which would be useful to back up a claim that more women abuse than is assumed. It looks like they just made that figure up, or fudged it and expected people not to notice.
    good point, about the same sex violence.
    It's about time these homeless vermin were moved from our city centres. These women are only standing up to the rules of decency that some councils have started with their by-laws to flush the poor and vulnerable people out of our city centres. I know that there are people less fortunate than myself, but god forbid I should have to look at them when I am out for a drink.

what exactly is decent about a gang of people giving a vulnerable person a pasting?
    Forum Member

what exactly is decent about a gang of people giving a vulnerable person a pasting?

Absolutely nothing. Just like there is nothing decent about doing it officially via councils and laws.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think that there may be more than a touch of irony in that post.
    Forum Member
    Absolutely nothing. Just like there is nothing decent about doing it officially via councils and laws.

yes, sorry, i read the first sentence and was like :o>:(:(:o doh:blush:
  • Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member

Harsh

you don't know their backgrounds

you don't know whats happened in their life or the reasons for their situation

And if you think its right for a group of women to gang up, beat up, and thoroughly humiliate these vulnerable people then it says a lot about who you are
  • Cg_EvansCg_Evans Posts: 2,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joey_J wrote: »
    Harsh

And if you think its right for a group of women to gang up, beat up, and thoroughly humiliate these vulnerable people then it says a lot about who you are
    The poster was being ironic/sarcastic, read back a few posts

And the only vermin here is those girls
    Forum Member
    Cg_Evans wrote: »

Indeed they a vermin
    Forum Member
    Joey_J wrote: »
    Harsh

Indeed. Sorry if my sarcasm wasn't obvious in my post.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If they attacked the homeless fella just for kicks. The homeless fella could have attacked them first. Images can tell a very different story to what actually happened.
    Forum Member
    Indeed. Sorry if my sarcasm wasn't obvious in my post.

Sarcasm isn't always obvious in text format

I apologise :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    If they attacked the homeless fella just for kicks. The homeless fella could have attacked them first. Images can tell a very different story to what actually happened.

Lets see them then, I guarantee its not how you think.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lets see them then, I guarantee its not how you think.

Lets see what?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Lets see what?

The images

:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    Whilst Refuge who help women only report that 80% of domestic violence is against women and 20% against men, Parity who studied all of the statistics including the figures where police have not taken further action have said the figure is actually around the 60% female victims and 40% male victims

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2010/sep/05/men-victims-domestic-violence

In 2006-07 men made up 43.4% of all those who had suffered partner abuse in the previous year, which rose to 45.5% in 2007-08 but fell to 37.7% in 2008-09.

It could even be higher then that, the issue is that so many men do not report domestic violence. Easy to see why when we have posters on this thread saying men should be embarrassed when ladies attack them, that men are stronger so domestic violence against men doesn't happen, it is not the same when a man is attacked ect ect. It is this outdated macho viewpoint that is harming so many victims.
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    While on the face of it it seems to be a very horrific attack on a helpless person, can't help but wonder how drunk you have to be to go near a homeless persons trousers!!
  • Logan FiveLogan Five Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Imagine the outcry there would have been, if it was a group of lads attacking a young girl - it would have made the national news, etc.

Young'uns these days just can't hold their pop. No class.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Stupid bitches. They should be named, no group of people picking a fight with one person is acceptable. Silly little cows thinking they're hard and funny because they started a fight. Completely scummy
  • dan_blamiresdan_blamires Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stupid bitches. They should be named, no group of people picking a fight with one person is acceptable. Silly little cows thinking they're hard and funny because they started a fight. Completely scummy

You've made your mind up already then? Based on a biased daily mail article? Hmm odd.:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The images

:D

I don't have them. I wasn't the photographer. I meant that video would have shown who had been attacked first.