Options

irritating ed/corrie ad

Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
Forum Member
No idea who idea it was to put the ad up to background of tainted love, maybe they are both struggling atm, with world cup & now commonwealth games?? But it's really starting to piss me off, and lot of other people know too
Is their any real reason for this ad anyway ?

Comments

• Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    It's starting to grate on me aswell, won't be able to bare it for another month :eek:
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its hardly played on stv which is ashame but i really like it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Its hardly played on stv which is ashame but i really like it.

Bet you wouldn't if you had it 50 times a day
    Are they struggling?
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robbedin73 wrote: »
    Bet you wouldn't if you had it 50 times a day
    Are they struggling?

I don't think i watch itv enough to see it 50 times a day but I like it so much i have viewed it online, yip went out of my way. Not ashamed to admit that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sunny B wrote: »
    It's starting to grate on me aswell, won't be able to bare it for another month :eek:

Keep using the ointment and the month will pass quickly.
  • Options
    Cosmic999Cosmic999 Posts: 1,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind it if the woman who sings didn't have such an annoyingly bad voice
  • Options
    doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    I don't watch either soap, but to be honest this deeply annoying ad would not tempt me to.

All those mutton-dressed-as-lamb women dolled up as fairy-tale princesses and a whiny singer ... aaargh.

It seems to be forced down out throat at every advert break on ITV recently - it looks as if they are desperate for the viewers or just want to get their money's woth from the expense of producing the ad.
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's awful!!!
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh god it really is awful. The only one I like is the Cain/Moira one, as they're both so brooding. But it isn't a patch on last summers campaign.
  • Options
    Redhead69Redhead69 Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What the hell does it mean ??
  • Options
    abbottababbottab Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AARRRGGHH!! I switch over when that comes on!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Redhead69 wrote: »
    What the hell does it mean ??

Lost viewers during world cup, and they want people to watch them as that's all itv have in up to watershed so guess they need as many viewers as possible?
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What does the Leanne with Kal's daughter scene mean from the ad?:confused:
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »

It's Rapunzel but how that relates to their Corrie storyline I have no idea.
  • Options
    sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it...........
  • Options
    daryl_spicerdaryl_spicer Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You never got this shit when The Persuaders was at it's peak
  • Options
    JackKlugmanJackKlugman Posts: 5,362
    Forum Member

It might mean that in the latest shock character u-turn Leanne wakes up one morning and discovers that she is actually a Lesbian and has been all this time but forgot to bring it up.

Leanne then embarks on a quest to ensnare Kal's daughter while trying to get Kal to pay maintanance for Curley Sai. Kai has actually slept in the same house as Si therefore has to pay maintenance when they break up.
  • Options
    Liam_ClarkeLiam_Clarke Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    I hate it, They try to be "Artsy". You're a ****ing soap opera. That people are ashamed of. Stop trying to be out there and "artsy". **** I'm annoyed.
  • Options
    CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Is that the wedding looking one I thought it was ED's Pariah with either Vanessa or Sam's new blond girlfriend!
  • Options
    KymberlyKymberly Posts: 763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It might mean that in the latest shock character u-turn Leanne wakes up one morning and discovers that she is actually a Lesbian and has been all this time but forgot to bring it up.

Leanne then embarks on a quest to ensnare Kal's daughter while trying to get Kal to pay maintanance for Curley Sai. Kai has actually slept in the same house as Si therefore has to pay maintenance when they break up.

Agree it does look like they are about to become secret lovers, however when I think of the story of Rapunzel it implies a young woman being trapped . However nothing I have seen on screen seems to indicate that Alya is any such situation. :confused:
  • Options
    hardylanehardylane Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't come close to the Shakespeare promo from last year, which was a piece of art in itself.
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doormouse1 wrote: »
    I don't watch either soap, but to be honest this deeply annoying ad would not tempt me to.

All those mutton-dressed-as-lamb women dolled up as fairy-tale princesses and a whiny singer ... aaargh.

It seems to be forced down out throat at every advert break on ITV recently - it looks as if they are desperate for the viewers or just want to get their money's woth from the expense of producing the ad.

This. ^^^ Although Carla looks good.

I hate it, They try to be "Artsy". You're a ****ing soap opera. That people are ashamed of. Stop trying to be out there and "artsy". **** I'm annoyed.

And this. ^^^ Spot on. Pretentious crap trying to be artsy and deeply profund.

They should save their time & money and put more effort into the progs.