Options

Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ShaynaJay wrote: »
    ha! The influx of mixers after norma tweeted links watching crashed the stream.
    Ah, so that's why the main account didn't mention it.
  • Options
    DreCDreC Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the last scheduled performance prior to album 3 right? September is going to be all about working on and completing the next album......i'm too excited lol

I was going to say that, lets take in that this performance marked the end of the Salute era, time for album 3!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Random thoughts...

In general they're rock solid live now, very present and comfortable in their voices and chemistry. Jade sounds more powerful than she ever has, her soft big note in Little Me was great. Leigh delivers strong power energy consistently now, when it seemed to me that back on the tour it was just on select big notes. Jesy is ultra solid and was really working that flirtatious emotion in on Talk Dirty. Could still work on a bit of vibrato control. Perrie is massive as always.

Watching this one, I noticed that all the movement is key for them, really helps them loosen up and get into it.

Honest critique, they still can work on opening up to the crowd and moment more. I mean, a chill festival crowd with varying degrees of interest isn't going to help much, and in general there's no pop artist I can easily point to I'd say does it better, but still. My top couple (non-pop) live acts are frankly still on a different tier there, even over a stream.
  • Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How did they go down on Twitter with non fans?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PCkvCPvDXk I just discovered this song this week after seeing how many downloads it had, its message is very similar to Little Mix inspiring songs and the video is full of so much "teeny, immature" colour, but guess what the song peaked at #2 in the US and went #1 in Australia, why? because it has such an infectious hook.

From Wiki:
    The song has been praised for its catchy beat and body positive lyrics such as: "Every inch of you is perfect from the bottom to the top" and “It's pretty clear I ain't no size 2, but I can shake it, shake it like I'm supposed to do". The song depicts the "ideal" skinny body type as overrated and promotes body acceptance and celebrates men and women of all sizes and shapes. Trainor says, "I wrote this song because I myself struggle with this concept of self-acceptance. It was written from a real place so I’m glad that other people can relate to it

Hope this proves my point.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, between that and Shake it Off that kinda song is fairly in this summer. Girl power is incredibly big as well. LM leading the charge, right? :D

Nice change from Blurred Lines being huge last year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How did they go down on Twitter with non fans?
    Eh, didn't do a thorough search but didn't actually see a lot of non-fans commenting. It *did* seem like a lot of the crowd was there for them anyway.... TV presenter Jane McDonald seemed to enjoy it.
  • Options
    felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrGOURsDMdY I know this is only 3 seconds long but its still the best leigh anne rap I can remember, not lyrically obviously, but the way she rapped here is much cooler than she usually does... I don't know why and most of you will probably disagree but Ive always liked it :D 1:45
  • Options
    felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    Maybe its her attitude during the verse...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol I must of missed that, I liked it and the others. Now if she did more of that I wouldn't be opposed to her rapping on the new album. A girl group that can harmonise, beatbox, rap and perform, they could be the ultimate girl group.
  • Options
    EpicEastendersEpicEastenders Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nissl wrote: »
    Honest critique, they still can work on opening up to the crowd and moment more. I mean, a chill festival crowd with varying degrees of interest isn't going to help much, and in general there's no pop artist I can easily point to I'd say does it better, but still. My top couple (non-pop) live acts are frankly still on a different tier there, even over a stream.

Another thing I would say is to cut down on the pre-recorded vocals. They won't progress as vocalists if they continue use them so prominently!
  • Options
    DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    john1995 wrote: »
    Jamie is the strongest singer from union j

Jaymi's one of the best male singers the X Factor has ever had. I got a similar feeling watching him as I did with Perrie, that within this popgroup is an incredible vocalist. If - lets be real when - Union J break up he should go into musical theatre.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes especially the songs from Salute, I would looooooooove them to do Good Enough with a full orchestration (only with the Salute tour ending) but that is never going to happen even Towers. Mr Loverboy, About the boy, Stand down would sound awesome with a live band. Hopefully next album they will have more of a budget to travel with a band on tour.

oh well look at that they got it back up!!

I'd like the next album to have some songs with more of a live sound, along with some EDM-type club bangers. You could tell on tour that the choruses of NFLY were pretty much the backing track, whereas when they sang it acoustic it on the Livestream it sounded great. The DJ and sound system for their UK tour must have been expensive, I'm not sure if they could have that and a live band next tour but I'd love it if so. With a live band they can mix things up a bit more, change pace, joke around...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got a similar feeling watching him as I did with Perrie, that within this popgroup is an incredible vocalist. If - lets be real when - Union J break up he should go into musical theatre.

Just because someone has a strong singing voice doesn't mean they are suited to theater work. They also have to be able to dance and act all at the same time. The various Rafiki's around the world on the Lion King have to do all that while wearing a 40 lb costume too. (There are no fat Rafikis)

Having said all that I can still see Jade as Eponine in Les Mis.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    97.4 Rock FM ‏@974RockFM 2m
    Apologies the stream is back! All you amazing @LittleMix crashed the site. We are now peddling faster to keep up with demand. So sorry xxx

ha! The influx of mixers after norma tweeted links watching crashed the stream.

There were a lot of fans:

@974RockFM
    AMAZING... Come on @LittleMix fans lets smash the 10,000 of you who are already tuning in at http://www.rockfm.co.uk/blackpool ... We want double :-) RT

That was right before it crashed. They needed more hamsters running the wheel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wings
    Little Mix
    99,951,861 views <---
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay, someone captured the entire Blackpool livestream.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqaSkoPbgyg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its always amusing to me that during the dance off, 3 girls get flung around by the dancers, and then there's ol Perrie just flipping her hair.

Did the feed just not pick up the audience or are they like the undead?

Edit: it was the girls' feed, apparently.

One of the best gigs I've ever been too. The crowd wasn't dead, the cameras just don't record our noise lmao! The crowd was going insane for Little Mix, considering they were the headliners! They just record the girls microphones.
  • Options
    Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, the Daily Mail is the trolliest newspaper.

That Move remix they always play at the end is such a jam. Is it an official remix?
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    When Wings reaches 100K do you think they will get to do the #VEVOCertified commentary like Demi, Britney, Miley and even Carly Rae Jepsen have done?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4jpr9pZx8Lk
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is something non-music....

Last year the girls tried to register merchandise to "Eternal Dance Media" and failed because Simon still owned the full rights. Well, i just found out some point after that ... Everything "little mix" is now owned by "Eternal Dance Media".

My educated guess is that they are tied to Syco/Modest til end of 2015. Which would be why Perrie said the group was booked up until then. Whether it was a 4 year or 4 album contract.. Who knows. I would also assume if they leave Syco after that, Simon would still get a percentage of everything they do..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is something non-music....

Last year the girls tried to register merchandise to "Eternal Dance Media" and failed because Simon still owned the full rights. Well, i just found out some point after that ... Everything "little mix" is now owned by "Eternal Dance Media".

My educated guess is that they are tied to Syco/Modest til end of 2015. Which would be why Perrie said the group was booked up until then. Whether it was a 4 year or 4 album contract.. Who knows. I would also assume if they leave Syco after that, Simon would still get a percentage of everything they do..

Good, I want the girls to have more control. Don't know about management but I suspect they were on a similar record contract to 1D which was 3 albums, 3 years. They should be renegotiating their contract soon. I know some people would like them to leave Syco but I really don't think they will thrive without the X Factor & BGT link. And Syco and Sony have a close relationship, so if they stay Syco they stay Sony (in the UK at least). Modest has also done the girls well so far, their merchandise etc. is on point. The website though is slacking, though at least it has the latest album up (for a while 1D's didn't). If they want to be a serious international act they should switch management - they were the last year Syco / XF went with Modest.

My nosiness got the better of me and I looked up the Eternal Dance Media company (why call it that??). The accounts are due by end September so we can see how much the girls earned in 2012. I'm not sure how much commercial activity they did that year, when did they introduce the make up and nails line? They will have got income from the DNA theatre tour, other performances, merch, sales of the singles and albums, radioplay + streaming. The trip to America and music video costs may have fallen their side, though they'll have got $ from Wings's US radioplay. This year with the arena tour, beauty lines, more merch and writing credits they'll be making a LOT more.

I just want the girls to get a fair slice of the Little Mix income and take home a tonne of money. Jade and Perrie in particular started out with not much and are supporting their families. I hope they're investing wisely, sadly it could all end suddenly.
  • Options
    Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufwqCfAFeP4&list=UUzssuv09SBKM27EdZMsKmRw&index=4

These are very short clips of their Blackpool performance. The crowd wasn't so terrible after all, I like how they start yelling once Little Mix step up at around the 1:00 mark.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    re: my last post, that should be 2013 earnings
This discussion has been closed.