Options

I still think 'Shred! Shred! Shred!' was worse.

MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
Forum Member
✭✭
Nicola's motivation in 'Shred! Shred! Shred!' was pure selfishness, yet until Denise's ressurrection last night, she got away with it scot-free - and even then, she was cross with all the on-looking HMs for not fighting her corner again!

Denise's behviour was inappropriate, and mistakes were made all around, fuelled by alcohol, but none of it was as bad as Nicola's cold hard selfishness a few days previously which was much more ugly, and with no alcohol to hide behind.

Comments

• Options
    john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It made me laugh that after the shred argument Nicola went to the bedroom to read her letter.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She does seem to have a history of repeating annoying things.

"They said in no particular order! no particular order! No particular order!" just in case the twins might feel happy about surviving an eviction.

"You're lying to me! I know you're lying! You never had any electric pads, you're lying!" just in case Denise wasn't nuts enough already.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    She rude rude rude
  • Options
    smokeybaconsmokeybacon Posts: 5,113
    Forum Member
    She does seem to have a history of repeating annoying things.

"They said in no particular order! no particular order! No particular order!" just in case the twins might feel happy about surviving an eviction.

"You're lying to me! I know you're lying! You never had any electric pads, you're lying!" just in case Denise wasn't nuts enough already.

:D SHRED.SHRED.SHRED - she might get a part in the next Doctor Who series.
    She's scarier than any Dalek. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she's scum
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree it was a disgusting display of selfish and disrepectful behaviour. I'd be horrified if anyone I knew behaved that way, seriously did she think if her kids were not okay she would not be informed. What exactly did she expect to get in a letter, and if she loved her kids that much why leave them in the first place. Nasty selfish woman.
  • Options
    tq21tq21 Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she is completely selfish, the shred shred shred incident was awful, I mean she took 1 second to decide she deserved the letters more than anyone else. She's a mother to 2 children big whoop so are half the country.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sian2011 wrote: »
    I agree it was a disgusting display of selfish and disrepectful behaviour. I'd be horrified if anyone I knew behaved that way, seriously did she think if her kids were not okay she would not be informed. What exactly did she expect to get in a letter, and if she loved her kids that much why leave them in the first place. Nasty selfish woman.

she left them for money, she's too old now to be a page 3 girl and she has no other assets other than her breast implants
  • Options
    ArtoisArtois Posts: 3,604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I'm afraid I found that more shocking than pants gate.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trousergate amused me but that selfishness spoke volumes to me.:mad:

To me it said.............f*ck you lot. I am all that matters.
  • Options
    sangrealsangreal Posts: 20,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not too keen on either of Nicola or Denise, but I still don't quite get the point Denise or the OP are trying to make.

Nicola, Natalie & Michael (with Kirk & Romeo, who were much less certain/involved) all agreed that they wanted their letters because all 3 of them had kids. They discussed it for a good few minutes before the countdown started.

Denise was the only one in the other team with kids. All of the other team said that they weren't going to hit the button.
    Denise even said at the time that she wasn't bothered about getting a letter because she knew her kids loved her anyway.

So with the backing of the rest of her team, Nicola hit the button as soon as the timer started.

If no-one had hit the button, then none of them would've got their letters.
    So Nicola got letters for all of her team, and the other team (including Denise) were NEVER going to get their letters.

So what point was Denise trying to make exactly?
    And how can it be classed as selfish to get something for 5 people instead of none?
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I remember it before that the other team had decided not to shred and she had asked the others on her team what to do. So if it's just she got a bit carried away and enjoyed the moment, well I can't really condemn her for it I don't think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sangreal wrote: »
    I'm not too keen on either of Nicola or Denise, but I still don't quite get the point Denise or the OP are trying to make.

Nicola, Natalie & Michael (with Kirk & Romeo, who were much less certain/involved) all agreed that they wanted their letters because all 3 of them had kids. They discussed it for a good few minutes before the countdown started.

Denise was the only one in the other team with kids. All of the other team said that they weren't going to hit the button.
    Denise even said at the time that she wasn't bothered about getting a letter because she knew her kids loved her anyway.

So with the backing of the rest of her team, Nicola hit the button as soon as the timer started.

So Nicola got letters for all of her team, and the other team (including Denise) were NEVER going to get their letters.

so you didn't see her pushing the shred button like her life depended on it? shouting shred shred shred
  • Options
    NaughtyNanNaughtyNan Posts: 9,445
    Forum Member
    Can I ask something slightly off topic is she really 30? because frankly she doesn't.:confused: She acts and looks well in her forties.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She most certainly did not have the backing of the others.
    Did we see the same clip?:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If I were in that situation I would rather no one got the letter and then it wouldn't cause the bad feelings it obviously has, IF BB had put all with kids in one team and all without in another then it's a different situation (althought not sure why having kids make missing your loved one's any more important but some people think that is so?) but it was cruel and unkind so if me I'd just say we'll all suffer instead of hurting 50% if the group. I think it was very cruel to make them read them while the others were there too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There is a fair point here: the other team were only told that Nicola had pressed the button after one second, and nothing of what had gone on before the countdown. You could see that they were surprised and none too impressed at her gazelle like speed to shred their letters. I think if she could go back in time, she probably wouldn't do it. They all desperately want their letters - most of us will never be in a situation where we have no contact whatsoever with anyone we know - and she must know that she upset several people without really gaining any admiration from her own team at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I were in that situation I would rather no one got the letter and then it wouldn't cause the bad feelings it obviously has, IF BB had put all with kids in one team and all without in another then it's a different situation (althought not sure why having kids make missing your loved one's any more important but some people think that is so?) but it was cruel and unkind so if me I'd just say we'll all suffer instead of hurting 50% if the group. I think it was very cruel to make them read them while the others were there too.

Check my post history.

Totally agree.:)
  • Options
    MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tq21 wrote: »
    she is completely selfish, the shred shred shred incident was awful, I mean she took 1 second to decide she deserved the letters more than anyone else. She's a mother to 2 children big whoop so are half the country.

It's the manipulation afterwards that I object to as much as the act itself - the dramatics and the tears which turned the sympathy on herself which meant that she was never even questioned by any other HM at all for something which affected five HMs negatively. Denise has paid more for daring to even mention it!
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. Plus you can second guess that you would all get them in the end, anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member

It made me laugh that her reason why she HAD to have her letter was because she wanted to know that her kids were safe......seriously if anything bad had happened to her kids, big brother would have told her!
  • Options
    ArtoisArtois Posts: 3,604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She most certainly did not have the backing of the others.
    Did we see the same clip?:confused:

The others looked majorly uncomfortable and certainly hadn't discussed. Kirk said in fact " I just cant do this, no way"
  • Options
    sangrealsangreal Posts: 20,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tq21 wrote: »
    so you didn't see her pushing the shred button like her life depended on it? shouting shred shred shred

Yes, but that still doesn't answer my questions.

Are you saying she wouldn't be selfish if she'd taken a few seconds longer and not said anything, but just pushed the button?

People are making out that she hit the button instantly without any prior discussion (which isn't true) and that she got a letter for herself only. But as I said, she got letters for 5 people instead of none. If she hadn't hit the button, then no-one would've got a letter.

As I said, I'm not too keen on her, but I didn't see anything really wrong in what she did there, other than maybe the "shred shred shred" delivery of it, but hey...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artois wrote: »
    The others looked majorly uncomfortable and certainly hadn't discussed. Kirk said in fact " I just cant do this, no way"

Natalie (who benefitted) ignored her histrionics afterwards.
  • Options
    jcallaghan86jcallaghan86 Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i would have done the exact same as nicola, and if she hadn't i have no doubt that michael or natalie would have, denise was actually quite pathetic last night, especially when she mentioned nicola saying the girls were messy pigs, she was only trying to cause trouble for nicola