Beth Tweddle is unlikely to skate tomorrow

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
Forum Member
✭✭✭
JAMES INGHAM‏@JAMESINREHAB
Beth Tweddle is unlikely to skate on tomorrow's Dancing On Ice due to gastroenteritis. She's in quarantine & DOI officials say its 50/50 atm

If Beth doesn't skate she will get a bye into next week. Oona King is also likely to get a bye as she faces Beth in the skate-off dual.

Comments

• SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would that mean only 4 couples up for the vote? Ridiculous at this stage.
  • hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    Yeah it will. I kind of prefer a small no. of performances though. Makes each one more memorable. :)
  • nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    diamond1 wrote: »
    Beth Tweddle is unlikely to skate on tomorrow's Dancing On Ice due to gastroenteritis. She's in quarantine & DOI officials say its 50/50 atm

If Beth doesn't skate she will get a bye into next week. Oona King is also likely to get a bye as she faces Beth in the skate-off dual.

I've had gastroenteritis, albeit quite a mild attack. Not nice :( Poor Beth :(

Oh well, at least Jason won't be bored tomorrow and we won't, therefore, have to suffer him insulting her :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »

yes ... and more adverts and "filler" :mad:
  • NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,149
    Forum Member
    What a shame, hope she feels better soon.
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We'll find out tomorrow I guess whether she will skate. Don't get me wrong I am sure Beth has been ill but DOI does have previous of over hyping these things.
  • TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiger Rose wrote: »
    We'll find out tomorrow I guess whether she will skate. Don't get me wrong I am sure Beth has been ill but DOI does have previous of over hyping these things.

It's not actually DOI that has put it, It's James Ingham who has put it on his twitter so how are they overhyping it given they haven't mentioned it at all? If anything DOI look like they have been trying to keep it quiet although Dan did tweet earlier in the day

"To be or not to be that is the question"

There has also been no indication that Beth has been ill earlier in the week so looks like it has just struck her today or maybe last night and also there is at least one crew member down with something and confined to their hotel room as well.

If true I just hope Beth gets better soon as gastroenteritis is a horrible thing to have.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    diamond1 wrote: »

It doesn't seem fair on the others in duel week tbh. I think they should postpone it if Beth can't skate, and do something different.
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tiggergirl wrote: »
    It's not actually DOI that has put it, It's James Ingham who has put it on his twitter so how are they overhyping it given they haven't mentioned it at all? If anything DOI look like they have been trying to keep it quiet although Dan did tweet earlier in the day

"To be or not to be that is the question"

There has also been no indication that Beth has been ill earlier in the week so looks like it has just struck her today or maybe last night and also there is at least one crew member down with something and confined to their hotel room as well.

If true I just hope Beth gets better soon as gastroenteritis is a horrible thing to have.

Well he got the story from somewhere & he said that DOI officials have said it's 50/50 as to whether she'll skate.

And as I said DOI do have PREVIOUS of over hyping these things so I feel I m right to be wary.

And Beth's boyfriend tweeted earlier saying he was looking forward to seeing her routine tomorrow.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »

I agree. Silly twists! I much prefer longer shows.

Hope Beth feels better soon. What an awful illness.
  • TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiger Rose wrote: »
    Well he got the story from somewhere & he said that DOI officials have said it's 50/50 as to whether she'll skate.

And as I said DOI do have PREVIOUS of over hyping these things so I feel I m right to be wary.

And Beth's boyfriend tweeted earlier saying he was looking forward to seeing her routine tomorrow.

Maybe Beths boyfriend was asked to keep it business as usual until they know for definite just a thought so as not to cause alarm. I'm guessing they didn't think that this one would start spouting off on twitter about it either and as I say there was no sign of her being ill earlier in the week so if it has just happened then yes there is a high chance of her not being able to skate. Jenna has been ill and Olga has been ill as ill as well. If DOI had wanted to overhype this I'm sure they would have been going about this themselves rather than letting someone else tweet about it.

Snow Leopard how could they do something different? Beyond them doing their save me skates which I think are shorter in length so potentially wouldn't work for the main show it was all focused on the duel routines which need both couples and it is probably too short notice if she is unable to skate to change things around in less than 24 hours. If it was just pro skaters then yes but not with the celebs. Plus all the VTs etc will be focused on the duel stuff.

Although those complaining about it being done with the 5 couples it was done only a week later last year with 6 couples in the show.

Whilst maybe not 100% fair to the other 4 couples pairings it would also be unfair if Beth is still ill to expect her to perform as it would not be a true indicator of whether she has done well or not which does leave the problem of Oona because she has no one to skate against I guess she gets automatic immunity that is all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiggergirl wrote: »
    Maybe Beths boyfriend was asked to keep it business as usual until they know for definite just a thought so as not to cause alarm. I'm guessing they didn't think that this one would start spouting off on twitter about it either and as I say there was no sign of her being ill earlier in the week so if it has just happened then yes there is a high chance of her not being able to skate. Jenna has been ill and Olga has been ill as ill as well. If DOI had wanted to overhype this I'm sure they would have been going about this themselves rather than letting someone else tweet about it.

Snow Leopard how could they do something different? Beyond them doing their save me skates which I think are shorter in length so potentially wouldn't work for the main show it was all focused on the duel routines which need both couples and it is probably too short notice if she is unable to skate to change things around in less than 24 hours. If it was just pro skaters then yes but not with the celebs. Plus all the VTs etc will be focused on the duel stuff.

Although those complaining about it being done with the 5 couples it was done only a week later last year with 6 couples in the show.

Whilst maybe not 100% fair to the other 4 couples pairings it would also be unfair if Beth is still ill to expect her to perform as it would not be a true indicator of whether she has done well or not which does leave the problem of Oona because she has no one to skate against I guess she gets automatic immunity that is all.

James Ingham is a journo so if they told him something they would know he'd tweet it .... he's been hanging out with some of the DOI peeps this week and the info he tweets is usually pretty reliable

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/gameon/view/293995/Dancing-on-Ice-s-Luke-Campbell-sunk-by-Samia-lift-hook/
    Meanwhile, Beth Tweddle, 27, could miss tonight’s show through severe gastroenteritis.

The Olympic gymnast was rushed to hospital late on Friday night with suspected appendicitis before being diagnosed with the contagious virus.

She missed yesterday’s training session after being placed in *quarantine with her pro-partner Dan Whiston.

Sources said they were unsure if Beth would perform tonight.

If she does not skate, she will be given a bye into the next round, as would her skate-off opponent, politician Oona King, 45.
  • DrifterDrifter Posts: 12,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is why this twist is, while fun to watch, not the best idea to have. Because it affects one other couple and plus it means only four out of ten people face the vote in week 3! Insane. Although, probably a useful way to get rid of the deadwood actually...

Not overly excited about tonight. Can I have a "bye" to next week too please where I can just watch 9 routines?
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will be a shame if she does have to drop out as Beth v Oona would be one of the most interesting duals

I didn't know Oona is 45 - she looks a lot less :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not great for Oona really either. So although she could escape the vote, she's the one with the lowest profile really and missing a week for people to get used to her is not going to help. Plus it might create bad feeling.

Imagine if Laura had skipped a week after being in the skate-off, it would've been even harder for her to get through each week despite being amazing.
  • Gordon ClownGordon Clown Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its DOIs fault for having this crap twist.
  • memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its DOIs fault for having this crap twist.
    :confused: It's DOI's fault that Beth has gastroenteritis? I hardly think the twist is responsible for that :p

Gastroenteritis is not pleasant and I hope that Beth recovers soon.
  • essexboyashessexboyash Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drifter wrote: »
    It's not great for Oona really either. So although she could escape the vote, she's the one with the lowest profile really and missing a week for people to get used to her is not going to help. Plus it might create bad feeling.

Imagine if Laura had skipped a week after being in the skate-off, it would've been even harder for her to get through each week despite being amazing.

I thought this. This is a bad move for Beth and Oona if it happens. I've had gastroenteritis though and its not nice at all. Get well soon Beth
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    memmh wrote: »
    :confused: It's DOI's fault that Beth has gastroenteritis? I hardly think the twist is responsible for that :p

Gastroenteritis is not pleasant and I hope that Beth recovers soon.

No, it means that when someone is sick/injured during this sort of twist, it means more than just "one person sitting out".

And much as I think this could be a great way to get rid of someone useless, only voting for 4 out of 10 people at this stage is a bit ridiculous.
  • essexboyashessexboyash Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drifter wrote: »
    No, it means that when someone is sick/injured during this sort of twist, it means more than just "one person sitting out".

And much as I think this could be a great way to get rid of someone useless, only voting for 4 out of 10 people at this stage is a bit ridiculous.

Not to mention completely unfair for the other 4 facing the vote because it makes their chances pretty dire
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not to mention completely unfair for the other 4 facing the vote because it makes their chances pretty dire

And looking at it this way it means you have a 50% chance to be in the skate-off! That is unbelievably ridiculous. So obviously what they want is for it to be Joe/someone else in there, but this could easily backfire and we could lose someone at least half decent.
  • RuthStarRuthStar Posts: 5,729
    Forum Member
    So we're only getting 4 routines tonight? How are they going to spread 4 throughout a 90 odd minute show? I do hope Beth gets better though, as I think she has potential to be in the final..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love this show, but I'm just not excited about this tonight. 4 (or 5 max) routines. Who cares? I want to see everyone do proper routines on their own. At this stage we're still getting to know them all.

I like the duel aspect, but not this early, and it needs rejigging. It puts people at serious risk.
  • Gordon ClownGordon Clown Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So if Beth and Oona don't skate, we have 90 mins with just 4 routines? Seriously? This is why the show is dying.

I think it would end up being Joe, Gareth, Samia and Anthea for the skate off and Anthea and Joe would be in the bottom 2 and Joe would go.
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    So if Beth and Oona don't skate, we have 90 mins with just 4 routines? Seriously? This is why the show is dying.

I think it would end up being Joe, Gareth, Samia and Anthea for the skate off and Anthea and Joe would be in the bottom 2 and Joe would go.

I reckon Shayne will be up for the public vote rather than Anthea as she is, allegedly, "graceful". :rolleyes: In that case it would be very hard to call the outcome... Joe would seem the obvious one to go but he must have got lots of votes last week so he could surprise us? Shayne also seems very popular so I doubt he would go. Something like Gareth V Samia in the skate-off at this stage would be a disaster IMO, although I'd actually like Joe to stay a bit longer as at least he makes people laugh!