Channel 4. Oh what an empty shell is has become.

JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Do you think that channel 4 regrets letting go of big brother?

Not only does the show profit for channel 5, it has also seen a host of other shows increase there ratings for the channel.

I also find it odd that channel 4 did not manage to keep hold of some of there golden eggs.

They lost friends, of which they relied on for endless repeats!
They lost glee.

Anymore?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    JayPee86 wrote: »

Not only does the show profit for channel 5, it has also seen a host of other shows increase there ratings for the channel.

I also find it odd that channel 4 did not manage to keep hold of some of there golden eggs.

They lost glee.

Anymore?

It is kinda like when Man U let Beckum go. Yeah he had a good few seasons after, but his best was behind him.
  • CMcKinleyCMcKinley Posts: 3,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was their own decision to stop showing Friends.
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont watch anything on C4 now, C5 is fast becoming my fav channel and I never thought that would happen
  • JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    curvybabes wrote: »
    I dont watch anything on C4 now, C5 is fast becoming my fav channel and I never thought that would happen

I only watch hollyoaks on c4 now. Otherwise I forget the channel even exists.

Channel 5 has my attention for bb, bots, love.hate, home and away, once upon a time (which I love BTW) and I also enjoyed when paddy met sally !
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only watch hollyoaks on c4 now. Otherwise I forget the channel even exists.

Channel 5 has my attention for bb, bots, love.hate, home and away, once upon a time (which I love BTW) and I also enjoyed when paddy met sally !

All good and person of interest, looking forward to under the dome and wentworth .. fab channel
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only watch Big Brother and the odd CSI on Channel 5...and the odd movie/factual

On Channel 4 I watch 24 Hours in A&E, Secret Millionare, 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown, Holllyoaks, Southcliffe, The Mill, Run(recently) will watch Top Boy, Homeland, and plenty more.
    Its still a great channel but has suffered.

However, dropping Big Brother was absolutely the right decision.
  • PlayamontePlayamonte Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CH5 ?
    Oh! the add channel, where they pop sprinkle a little content between the adds. :rolleyes:
  • The_BonoboThe_Bonobo Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    amc825 wrote: »
    It is kinda like when Man U let Beckum go. Yeah he had a good few seasons after, but his best was behind him.

Great analogy. ;)
  • Jacs75Jacs75 Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Channel 4 probably thought BB was finished and had no life in it and because it has there a bit peeved.
  • VIP101VIP101 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GoshBagosh wrote: »
    I only watch Big Brother and the odd CSI on Channel 5...and the odd movie/factual

On Channel 4 I watch 24 Hours in A&E, Secret Millionare, 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown, Holllyoaks, Southcliffe, The Mill, Run(recently) will watch Top Boy, Homeland, and plenty more.
    Its still a great channel but has suffered.

However, dropping Big Brother was absolutely the right decision.

How much TV do you watch? :eek:

I only watch Hollyoaks on C4 well tbh I watch it on E4 so don't really watch anything on C4 now.

Before 2011 I never watched Channel 5 but now I watch BB on there, BOTS, CBB, I watched the Paddy and Sally show they did, Josie Gibson's show, I used to watch OK! TV on there and I watch those crime documentaries they show! Really weird that I only tuned in for BB and ended up watching all that on Channel 5!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VIP101 wrote: »
    How much TV do you watch? :eek:

I only watch Hollyoaks on C4 well tbh I watch it on E4 so don't really watch anything on C4 now.

Before 2011 I never watched Channel 5 but now I watch BB on there, BOTS, CBB, I watched the Paddy and Sally show they did, Josie Gibson's show, I used to watch OK! TV on there and I watch those crime documentaries they show! Really weird that I only tuned in for BB and ended up watching all that on Channel 5!
    lol Well Run is over, Top Boy and Homeland haven't started up again... Southcliffe and The Mill are only 2 episodes in each (and are both fantastic btw, try them if you havent)

So it seems alot more when its all listed together :)
  • PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They lost glee.

Anymore?

Channel 4 let Big Brother go because it no longer fitted in with their intended remit. They wanted to provide alternative programming, which BB no longer was. They knew they were losing a product which could have brought in a certain amount of advertising revenue, but had decided the show had come to a creative dead-end. Which, to be honest, it had. The show has never had the same sparkle since BB7 ended.
  • soapnutsoapnut Posts: 6,900
    Forum Member
    Alternative programming such as 'Seven Dwarves', 'Undatables', 'The Man With The Ten Stone Testicles', Ecstacy LIVE... and so on...

How anyone can say Channel 5 is a cheap, downgraded channel should watch a week's worth of Channel 4, which has sunk to the lowest of the low. I remember at the time of BB's axing they were bleating on about how they wanted to replace it with more 'innovative' programming, if the above is what they planned to dish up it's no wonder it's audience share has gone through the floor.
  • MeseneMesene Posts: 1,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still watch Dispatches (although the quality has really dipped recently), Four Rooms, 8 out of 10 Cats, Phoneshop but that's about it.
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jacs75 wrote: »
    Channel 4 probably thought BB was finished and had no life in it and because it has there a bit peeved.

Under Channel 4 BB had become stale. Paying Davina £1 MILLION pounds for the duration of the series was madness.

They should have sacked her long ago.
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That hospital documentary series is so depressing too. But the most irritating thing about it is the stupid music they overlay over the voices, throughout the entire programme.