Do you use Netflix on TiVo?

stuntmasterstuntmaster Posts: 5,070
Forum Member
poll.

do you use Netflix on TiVo? do you use it in full 1080p?

I love it, the quality is great.

Lets hear your thoughts.

Do You Use Netflix? 91 votes

Yes - 1080p Mode (Super HD)
53% 49 votes
Yes - 1080i/720p/576i
20% 19 votes
No - Poor choice
3% 3 votes
No - Not good value / don't want to subscribe
19% 18 votes
Other - Please state in your post
2% 2 votes

Comments

• BenMcr77BenMcr77 Posts: 6,573
    Forum Member
    Of course I do. Use Netflix on the PS3 a lot less that I was doing since it's become available
  • stuntmasterstuntmaster Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member
    Poll is coming, (on DS it takes a while to appear)
  • TheWireRulesTheWireRules Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd swap Netflix (6 pounds a month premium) for Sky Atlantic in a heartbeat. If I chose to watch Netflix it would be via my PS3, which has had it for years.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,699
    Forum Member
    No as not only do I have a LovefilmByPost sub but also a complete and utter dislike of streaming.
  • gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes and no it depends what region i wish to watch.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No - I don't want to subscribe. There seems to be enough on TV already at the moment, so I don't need more.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    I'm saving a fortune in kids' DVDs and reducing the number of adverts they watch (always a bonus and especially at this time of year).

The selection for grown-ups (nearly said "adult films", :p) is laughable and the search process is painful. Searching by genre or country would be useful (admittedly there's very little from outside the UK or the US).

And can they sort out the iPad app ? You need a keyboard to use Netflix but it doesn't work very well - no backspace for example.
  • tosha43tosha43 Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    I'd swap Netflix (6 pounds a month premium) for Sky Atlantic in a heartbeat. If I chose to watch Netflix it would be via my PS3, which has had it for years.

Why don't u get now tv for Atlantic?
  • ozsatozsat Posts: 5,744
    Forum Member
    If I had to choose between a £6pm Netflix or the free Sky Atlantic - I would say "take Atlantic away" without a second thought.

Never found anything on there that has kept my interest to the end of the first episode.
  • stuntmasterstuntmaster Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member
    interesting poll here. seems many of you like Netflix. integrated into the tivo very well.
  • tvmad-alantvmad-alan Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Virgin has so many iplayers from TV channels with shows and films and Virgin Movies and the many TV channels to see, that to pay for another service to copy what you can get to see is just not needed.
    OK they may have the odd show or film but do you really need to spend on Neflix ?
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,699
    Forum Member
    Whilst I agree with you, I think it is only right that VM offer the service if people want to take it up.

Though, of course, it is really separate service and nothing to do with VM directly. (But I assume you know that :))
  • gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tvmad-alan wrote: »
    Virgin has so many iplayers from TV channels with shows and films and Virgin Movies and the many TV channels to see, that to pay for another service to copy what you can get to see is just not needed.
    OK they may have the odd show or film but do you really need to spend on Neflix ?

Netflix gives more options such as orange is the new black , breaking bad , Supernatural (from season 1) , Hemlock grove , Chuck and many more that neither VM or Sky have. For £5.99p/m it's worth it imo.
  • blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm currently on the free month trial but i'm going to cancel as i'm getting too many technical problems. It doesn't seem to work at peak times.
  • bluecatt73bluecatt73 Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    It's about choice. You don't have to take Netflix on top of your other services but you may choose to replace some services with Netflix. Personally I've dropped Sky Movies and moved from TV XL to M+ and saved myself £21 a month nett.
  • Ernie_CErnie_C Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bluecatt73 wrote: »
    It's about choice. You don't have to take Netflix on top of your other services but you may choose to replace some services with Netflix. Personally I've dropped Sky Movies and moved from TV XL to M+ and saved myself £21 a month nett.

I'm surprised that your nett saving is as low as that as Sky Movies itself is £19.50 and the difference between M+ and XL around £18, making the nett saving around £31, rather than £21.

Perhaps you previously had a superb Retentions deal?
    Forum Member
    Ernie_C wrote: »
    I'm surprised that your nett saving is as low as that as Sky Movies itself is £19.50 and the difference between M+ and XL around £18, making the nett saving around £31, rather than £21.

Perhaps you previously had a superb Retentions deal?

I have Sky Sports, so the saving from canceling Sky Movies is £7 a month. Moving from XL to M+ seems to have saved me £20? So £27 a month, but it's going to be £5.99 for Netflix after the first month, so £21 a month netto!
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Currently making good use of my free 6 months subscription
  • Ernie_CErnie_C Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bluecatt73 wrote: »
    I have Sky Sports, so the saving from canceling Sky Movies is £7 a month. Moving from XL to M+ seems to have saved me £20? So £27 a month, but it's going to be £5.99 for Netflix after the first month, so £21 a month netto!

Thanks, You have added the missing piece of information which is that you didn't remove Sky Movies, you downgraded from Sky Sports and Movies to just Sky Sports.
    Forum Member
    Ernie_C wrote: »
    Thanks, You have added the missing piece of information which is that you didn't remove Sky Movies, you downgraded from Sky Sports and Movies to just Sky Sports.

Sorry Ernie. My bad.
  • wolfukwolfuk Posts: 367
    Forum Member

True but then tell me where you can get all seasons/episode of 24, Knightrider, fringe, goosebumps, etc on Virgin also there are alot of tv and film that are not on virgin. Just a shame it not access america list through TV
  • anthpiefaceanthpieface Posts: 956
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Netflix on the TiVo but I prefer to watch it via the PS3 because I can use unblock-US.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does watching netflix on tivo not count towards one of your two devices ?
    Just both my kids are watching nf on their tabs and I was able to start watching something else via tivo. Ive only subscribed half hour ago.
  • albanyalbany Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    I like Netflix on the TiVo but I prefer to watch it via the PS3 because I can use unblock-US.

Isn't that one of the advantages of Tivo? UK Netflix on the Tivo and US (or wherever) Netfix on your other device without having to change any settings on unblock-US or Overplay - best of both worlds!
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wish netflix would load up a bit quicker initially. However once in im loving it.