Watching Tivo content in seperate room

wolfukwolfuk Posts: 367
Forum Member
Due to personal reasons all been thrown upside down here. I have had to take Tivo upstairs and second Vbox downstairs, thought it be easier, yet just realised its notr simple and widescreen monitor/tv not connects to Tivo - only a small 12 inch CRT TV, other is I not good sitting on bed watching it. anyone know if there is a way to watch my Tivo contents in one room while having tivo box in another, (apart from moving or getting 2nd box)

(the only connection is via hdmi would this work.)

Comments

• wolfukwolfuk Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    I meant to say the MY shows (thjose I recorded) content
  • Ernie_CErnie_C Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You cannot watch My Shows from your TiVo box on your V HD.
    Forum Member
    Ernie_C wrote: »
    You cannot watch My Shows from your TiVo box on your V HD.

I know that. not what I asked, is there other ways.
  • Ernie_CErnie_C Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wolfuk wrote: »
    I know that. not what I asked, is there other ways.

OK, well excuse me for trying to help you with your very unclearly stated requirement.
  • smythcolansmythcolan Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    I have a Tivo box in the lounge, I've purchased a Scart to RF convertor then via a separate RF cable feed it to a distribution amp in the loft which then feeds the TV in the kitchen and bedrooms.
    The only disadvantage to this is you only see what the box is tuned to or the recording that's playing.
  • ScottishwhiteScottishwhite Posts: 1,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem regarding only being able to watch what the tivo is tuned to (or playing) can be overcome with the TV Anywhere app (you can control the tivo via a smartphone)
    Forum Member
    thanks

Im just going to move the TVIObox into another room, move my tv into that room and connect modem cable to it, pain is have to keep diconnecting and connecting, like when using PC, and record. . But I least I can watch My shows.

regarding live tv im just using tv anywhere, but to watch what I recorded, I have to disconnect all and move to another room, and use modem.
    Forum Member
    Ernie_C wrote: »
    OK, well excuse me for trying to help you with your very unclearly stated requirement.

I wasn't being sarcy - just I never mention I wanted to watch via Vbox which I already knew sinece I have a vbox, but watch Myshows other that diconnecting and moving each time. ,
  • RogRog Posts: 1,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smythcolan wrote: »
    I have a Tivo box in the lounge, I've purchased a Scart to RF convertor then via a separate RF cable feed it to a distribution amp in the loft which then feeds the TV in the kitchen and bedrooms.
    The only disadvantage to this is you only see what the box is tuned to or the recording that's playing.

I do a similar thing but using an old VHS VCR as the RF modulator - they still have their uses;-)
  • ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wolfuk wrote: »
    thanks

Im just going to move the TVIObox into another room, move my tv into that room and connect modem cable to it, pain is have to keep diconnecting and connecting, like when using PC, and record. . But I least I can watch My shows.

regarding live tv im just using tv anywhere, but to watch what I recorded, I have to disconnect all and move to another room, and use modem.

Unplugging and plugging back in will eventually cause damage to the box. Can you not plug the TiVo in where you had the VBox before?