Leeds put 10 million price tag on McCormack

2»

Comments

• Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like Leeds benefited from those parachute payments.
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,851
    Forum Member
    It won't be 11 million up front surely - be some clauses in it like if Fulham get promoted.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,825
    Forum Member
    BigDaveX wrote: »
    Seems pretty clear to me that Leeds put an absurdly high price tag on a player they know that without a shadow of a doubt was the only reason they weren't relegated last season, in an effort to make Fulham go away. Then when it turned out Fulham actually were willing to pay that fee, they just said "sod it" and bit their hand off. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if that money's more than they'd lose by going down to League One.

The difference between income in the Championship and League one isn't much. I doubt Leeds would have been relegated or promoted with our without McCormack.
  • alanrollinsalanrollins Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing this deal actually makes me wonder if Peter Ridsdale is running the finances at Fulham.

The whole thing about being worth what the buying club is willing to pay goes west with this one. McCormack for 11 million is a nonsense whatever the currency.
  • jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    Robbedin73 wrote: »
    If (and it's big IF ) we got 11 million for a player who had yet to
    Play in the premier league and it will be at least 12 months before he does , the fact his ridiculous statement at end of last season is now more stupid than ever
    If the money was spent on good players at this level rather than 11 Italian no marks then we will be challenging for top 6 , but am afraid I think it will be latter rather than the former which doesn't fill me with much confidence am afraid

Rob you have no idea if these Italian players are no-marks, you don't know them or have ever seen them playing.

Cellino is trying to clean up the mess he never created and getting rid off the dross and hangers-on that have infested the club for years. I am 100% behind our new owner.

This is the first time in years I'm looking forward to the new season. I guess you can't please every-one. ;-)