Transfer recordings Humax 9300 to Humax Fox T2

Cracker_CakeCracker_Cake Posts: 1,478
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I want to transfer recordings from a Humax 9300 onto a Humax Fox T2.

I am able to open up my Humax 9300 and put the hard disk into a caddy, My PC can read the files.

Ideally I want to transfer the files directly from the Caddy onto the Fox T2, is there such a way and how long would it take with roughly 400 recordings?

Comments

• Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want to transfer recordings from a Humax 9300 onto a Humax Fox T2.

I am able to open up my Humax 9300 and put the hard disk into a caddy, My PC can read the files.

Ideally I want to transfer the files directly from the Caddy onto the Fox T2, is there such a way and how long would it take with roughly 400 recordings?
    I assume you are using humaxrw to read the files? The straightforward way with the standard firmware is to do it as a two step process; copy to the PC and then use FTP to copy from PC to Humax. The alternative is to install the custom firmware on the Humax and then you can copy direct from the caddy to the Humax. Note that only the .ts file is required the other associated files on the 9300 can be discarded. Depending on the size of the recordings it will several hours,
  • Cracker_CakeCracker_Cake Posts: 1,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I assume you are using humaxrw to read the files? The straightforward way with the standard firmware is to do it as a two step process; copy to the PC and then use FTP to copy from PC to Humax. The alternative is to install the custom firmware on the Humax and then you can copy direct from the caddy to the Humax. Note that only the .ts file is required the other associated files on the 9300 can be discarded. Depending on the size of the recordings it will several hours,

Yes humaxrw to read files. I was hoping I could copy direct from Caddy to Fox T2 without flashing custom firmware onto Fox T2.

When you say FTP copy, does that require a USB lead of some sort?

PC only has about 20GB free space so to transfer 400+GB is going to take a very long time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes humaxrw to read files. I was hoping I could copy direct from Caddy to Fox T2 without flashing custom firmware onto Fox T2.
    I don't know of a way of doing it without custom firmware. Any particular reason why you don't want to install the custom firmware?
    When you say FTP copy, does that require a USB lead of some sort?
    No it needs a network connection; typically PC connected to router, Humax connected to router but with a bit of fiddling you can use a crossover network cable.
    PC only has about 20GB free space so to transfer 400+GB is going to take a very long time.
    Quite so.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know of a way of doing it without custom firmware. Any particular reason why you don't want to install the custom firmware?

No it needs a network connection; typically PC connected to router, Humax connected to router but with a bit of fiddling you can use a crossover network cable.

Quite so.

Just fearful I might end up bricking it as I'm not all that au fait with firmware flashing.

PC is connected to router wirelessly, I do have a crossover network cable.

I could probably delete more files off my PC and get around 100 GB free. So to transfer 400 GB off 9300 onto Fox T2 will take roughly 4 round trips.

Appreciate all the advice.
  • Luis EssexLuis Essex Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could probably delete more files off my PC and get around 100 GB free. So to transfer 400 GB off 9300 onto Fox T2 will take roughly 4 round trips.
    If you have external storage that you can connect to your PC then humaxrw can be used to copy the 9300T's HDD recordings to the PC's external storage instead of your PC's hard drive.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luis Essex wrote: »
    If you have external storage that you can connect to your PC then humaxrw can be used to copy the 9300T's HDD recordings to the PC's external storage instead of your PC's hard drive.

My question is once I have got the files off the 9300 and onto either a PC hard disk or an external HD, how do I go about getting them onto the Humax Fox T2?

The Humax Fox T2 has USB and ethernet ports, is it just a case of plugging these from my PC to the Humax Fox T2 and using humaxrw to copy them over?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Humax Fox T2 has USB and ethernet ports, is it just a case of plugging these from my PC to the Humax Fox T2 and using humaxrw to copy them over?
    You don't use humaxrw to copy to the HDR-FOX T2. Your options are to enable the FTP server on the Humax, connect it your router and then use an FTP transfer program (I use the free Filezilla). Alternatively copy the programs from the PC to a USB memory stick or a USB portable hard drive and then plug that into the Humax.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You don't use humaxrw to copy to the HDR-FOX T2. Your options are to enable the FTP server on the Humax, connect it your router and then use an FTP transfer program (I use the free Filezilla). Alternatively copy the programs from the PC to a USB memory stick or a USB portable hard drive and then plug that into the Humax.

When you say connect it to your router, do you mean physically connect the Humax Fox T2 to the actual router via an ethernet cable or can it be done wirelessly?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you say connect it to your router, do you mean physically connect the Humax Fox T2 to the actual router via an ethernet cable or can it be done wirelessly?
    Either but you must buy a USB WiFi dongle with the correct chip set (Ralink RT3070). If you don't intend to use iPlayer or the DLNA server then temporarily moving the box close enough to the router to use a cable might be the easiest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm copying files from my old 9300 to my Fox T2 via portable hard disk.

Each show from the 9300 consists of:

.TS (the main video file)
    .elu
    .epg
    .hre

Is there any way I can have subtitles or are they gone?