Lets be honest nearly a week and its struggling

DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,967
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Coolio and Malone are loud and full of hot air, most of the rest are just there.

After 2006 and 2007 this is really hard work, I will stick with it but I really don't think much will happen.

I know the this is the first CBB post Shilpa but I just feel i has gone a bit too safe

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's nothing much wrong with this series.

It's not outstanding and would be considerably better with more live feed and less meddling...but the cast is decent and pretty well balanced and that's by far the most important element.
  • Tom8592Tom8592 Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its watchable but there's no real talking points even Fridays eviction is one of the most unexcitable evictions of all time
  • jettajetta Posts: 4,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a great group of people but it will struggle because it has lost its captive audience since it ditched the livefeed. What other commercial channel or programming can capture viewers virtually 24/7.

And C4/E4 have thrown out the crown jewels of TV - ie. 1000's of viewers who would stick with the channel all day, every day for several weeks! What a waste of an opportunity when they're already filming it anyway.

All that extra advertising revenue lost because we're all floating off to other channels or activities with the lack of livefeed.

Major miscalculation dear C4!!!
  • CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's nothing much wrong with this series.

It's not outstanding and would be considerably better with more live feed and less meddling...but the cast is decent and pretty well balanced and that's by far the most important element.

As individual shows, the last three highlight shows have been better than anything BB put out in the last two years, but they did set the bar very, very low.

There is potential, there are some good housemates, there are some not so good ones.

If it does one thing, I would hope that the viewing figures hold up enough to finally persuade brighter pictures that a show based on laughter with occasional naturally occuring arguments is preferred to one based on engineered arguments alone by the audience at large.
  • ianidallianidall Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom8592 wrote: »
    Fridays eviction is one of the most unexcitable evictions of all time
    I don't get that at all :confused: It will be the first eviction I cannot already predict the outcome of for as long as I can remember.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Put in Steve Strange!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The shrek princess incident was funny......... apart from that it's only mildly interesting.

The UK hm's are too guarded and wise to BB to get involved, Verne and LaToya are quiet and that just leave Coolio and his mad monologues to entertain most of the time.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jetta wrote: »
    This is a great group of people but it will struggle because it has lost its captive audience since it ditched the livefeed. What other commercial channel or programming can capture viewers virtually 24/7.

And C4/E4 have thrown out the crown jewels of TV - ie. 1000's of viewers who would stick with the channel all day, every day for several weeks! What a waste of an opportunity when they're already filming it anyway.

All that extra advertising revenue lost because we're all floating off to other channels or activities with the lack of livefeed.

Major miscalculation dear C4!!!

Well, it's not struggling. If there was actually an opportunity to be found in the live feed, they would keep doing it. They need money (desperately) so if it was worth their while they would do it. But clearly, it wasn't.
  • td1983td1983 Posts: 2,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it myself. The HM's play well off one another, and it's refreshing to see a BB series where Endemol are not trying too hard with all their gimmicks and whatnot. When they let the HM's talk, instead of interfering with them, it makes for much better TV.
  • JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're a good bunch but it's impossible to get as absorbed by it without the live feed.

It's just a television program.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the fact that this is the first thread like this I've really noticed so far proves that it is going really well, usually people are moaning a lot more by now.
  • Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems a lot of the conversations are about how the show will be edited and how they will all look in the public eye.

None of them want to be seen as bitchy.

They are all aware of the cameras and will continue to behave as though they are watched by millions.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am enjoying this series actually. :)

There is only one housemate who i dislike and that is Tina. I do have my favourite (Terry) but the others are a good to ok bunch.

It has been moving along nicely and i am positive there is much more drama to come, so there is a lot of potential in this series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the contrary OP.

This is possibly my favourite collection of celebrities on BB to date.

Perhaps people's expectations are becoming too high? What exactly do we want the housemates to do? Are they playing it safe just because they aren't bullying anyone or having sex under the table? Because those sorts of behaviours don't impress or entertain me.

There is a subtlety and depth to some of this year's lot that I like.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying it:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm making the most of what we have been given and must say I am enjoying this series. This forum is slower too which I think is a good thing also. I'm getting the opportunity to get to know some of the FMs or at least their humour and so on which just wasn't possible when I joined last summer due to the high volume of posts and rapid movement of threads. Much less frenetic all round.
  • StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm liking it so far. Good mix of celebs...though the tasks could be a bit better. But I am still enjoying it
  • Sun_BeamSun_Beam Posts: 11,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm very much enjoying the series so far, and like the mix of people!

Tina is loud, foul-mouthed and crude and does get on my nerves, but I can tolerate her as she can be funny at times - plus, I think someone will put her in her place before not too long as she's grating on some of the others!

I like Coolio, and think he's off his head, although I can imagine he's a right pain in the arse to live with!

Not keen on Ulrika, I must admit - so I hope she's out this week.

Not liking Michelle as I think she's insipid, whiny and just vying desperately for some AT, as Luke would say, with this whole Coolio non-story!

Not really loathing anyone in this series, so it's all good!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really enjoying it, far more than in recent years.
  • CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's decent...certainly better produced than the last few series.
  • SeveneyesSeveneyes Posts: 12,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually think its a lot better this year...the 'Coolio + Sleep Depravation' torture of Tina and Lucy has been brilliant...Lucy has all ready cracked and Tina looks set to follow....:D serves them right for all the behind the back bitching theyve been doing about him...:p

back to the Coolio Cafe...lol
  • monkeymoomonkeymoo Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    Hera wrote: »
    I am enjoying this series actually. :)

Me too:)
  • SG-1SG-1 Posts: 16,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Much of the problem is the lack of feed.
    I am sure if we had a feed this forum would be buzzing with all kinds of news.

What do we really know about these hms?
    We dont get as involved because we dont really connect because all we see is a 45 min highlight show.
    For those that say i never watched the feed anyway I would say true but you did read the forum so you were aware of the goings on and personality traits through those reporting what was going on in the house and youtube of course.

This is why the show doesnt feel quite the same.
    The HMs themselves are a pretty good group.The idea of the court jester,king etc made for some really weird images although so far there have been NO demanding tasks or missions which is a little dissapointing.
    Even without the live feed its better than CBB1,2 and 5.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SG-1 wrote: »
    Much of the problem is the lack of feed.
    I am sure if we had a feed this forum would be buzzing with all kinds of news.

What do we really know about these hms?
    We dont get as involved because we dont really connect .

I know as much about these housemates and have connected with them as much as I ever have before.

I rarely watched in excess of 3 hours Live Feed a day anyway so my viewing and enjoyment is relatively unaffected. I should imagine that most of the audience are of the same opinion, unless they sit in front of their tellies 24/7.
  • heretiqueheretique Posts: 424
    Forum Member
    i think its more the fact you could tune in whenever you wanted to with the red button. if something was going down, someone would say it here and we'd all pile into the whatm thread and watch it together

and you are not stuck with it on 11-6am i mean come on that is an awful time to broadcast if people have work early