The DS Eurovision Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^^^^^^^
    This. Spot on.

I'm going to keep positive. I'm positive every year and I'm always wrong though!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Twelve entries received so far for this weeks little soiree into all things non-Eurovision

A completely different bunch of songs from last week - it's like a different contest!
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just entered a song I think is AMAZING.
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you considered doing this using the Scorewiz on escnation.com might be more fun?
  • Pdm1987Pdm1987 Posts: 1,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    9th. Not bad :) submitted next weeks song but having to use my poor phone internet. Think i'll be using the work pc to be getting my fix this week lol.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pdm1987 wrote: »
    9th. Not bad :) submitted next weeks song but having to use my poor phone internet. Think i'll be using the work pc to be getting my fix this week lol.

Just make sure you enter! I always enjoy your entries! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AcerBen wrote: »
    Have you considered doing this using the Scorewiz on escnation.com might be more fun?

The link if anyone is interested.

http://tummiweb.com/scorewiz/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RogerMilla wrote: »
    The link if anyone is interested.

http://tummiweb.com/scorewiz/

Blimey - that looks like it could work!

I think we could easily use that for the worst of the worst final next week?

I have the results of the two semis for that, so will have a play and see what happens....

we could always run it alongside this and people could go and vote when they want?
  • Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anne, check your pm's.........again:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anne, check your pm's.........again:o

Honestly Chickens, there can't be THAT many Shakira songs *tuts*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right, am signing off for the night before I drive meself banana's with mp3's, youtube links and spreadsheets

So pleased that I have a fortnight off! Am going to need that extra week to recover.....
  • Drew PeacockDrew Peacock Posts: 12,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AcerBen wrote: »
    Just entered a song I think is AMAZING.

I look forward to seeing your choice, would I be right in thinking it's from left field?

Scorewiz is a great idea.

I'm all at sea with my second choice, I might go for the token comedy entry. :p
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok just came back from a night out and I am furious. My Delta song finished in 16th!!! I genuinely thought I had a chance if victory.:mad:

Oh and I tried to pick Vanessa Amorosi with Heroes Live Forever but Jacobabe pinched it. It done so well as well. Interesting to see that it gained 6 top marks

Oh and thanks Gottago and Marakkech for the 12 points:)
  • portugalportugal Posts: 1,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EuroChris wrote: »
    Yay, I've made it to the Top 10!!! :p

OMFG Me too!!!!:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4th - portugal
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBAnne wrote: »
    portugal, you dark horse you! I bloody, bloody LOVE this song for me it ticks the boxes that Chaz N Nev left unticked - thank you so much!!

;) xxx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the song I thought gottago had chosen. Well picked portugal.....this is fantastic. Love it to bits.

I have finally arrived!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But at least Chaz'n'Nev did eventually sing live.

Anne and Chickens up a tree K...........;)

Get back to you tube boy and check out the live version.Sissel is A May Zing!

copyright@Port Revel Horwood!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Check me out with all my late comments.You can tell I am on holiday until Thursday!Anyway you have all seen Portugal in the top 5 of a euro styled contest now!Lucia Moniz,Jose Cid,Dora,Vania Fernandez et al eat your heart out!

So what do I do now?Do I take this seriously for part 2 or enter the song I thought I should enter?I'ts abit daft but I really like it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    Trouble is that'll have taken all the budget so even if there is a multi-week selection process we'll be selecting some unknown singer whose testicles or titties are barely formed, be presented with some crapwitted song by two dodgy old geezers who once wrote somethinig jolly that was performed on "Summertime Special" sometime in 1978, with zero promotion, choreography and staging by the Shepherd's Bush Amateur Dramatic society and the artist will have to hitch-hike to Dusseldorf whilst Norton and the head of delegation get an executive jet there and back.

The BBC don't want to spend any money on the programme so I fully expect a barrel load of tom-tit.

You old cynic. :p

Looking at the positive side, there's no ALW show next year so there's a few million quid lying around. ;)
  • Only_YouOnly_You Posts: 5,976
    Forum Member
    EuroChris wrote: »
    You old cynic. :p

Looking at the positive side, there's no ALW show next year so there's a few million quid lying around. ;)

I really hope we do get a decent selection show, even if it's just a single show ... I hope we get to choose the song and not just the artist!
  • Pdm1987Pdm1987 Posts: 1,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marrakech wrote: »
    Just make sure you enter! I always enjoy your entries! :)

Thanks!! I've entered. Hopefully will get my broadband sorted asap so I can have a long think of what to choose for part 3 :D

Dunno if I'll be able to vote this week because of the possibility of not being able to listen to all the songs :( But I will try my best! (Shouldn't really be on here now, but what the hell haha)
  • weedydiamondweedydiamond Posts: 4,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBAnne wrote: »
    Anyone re-thinking their Round 2 songs on the basis of the Round 1 results? (I'm thinking not Nathan!)

Oh yes. Like Eurovision itself, it seems this forum is not ready for rock yet. :D

I think I will obey standard Eurovision rules and pick a pretty girl...
  • weedydiamondweedydiamond Posts: 4,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trouble is that'll have taken all the budget so even if there is a multi-week selection process we'll be selecting some unknown singer whose testicles or titties are barely formed, be presented with some crapwitted song by two dodgy old geezers who once wrote somethinig jolly that was performed on "Summertime Special" sometime in 1978, with zero promotion, choreography and staging by the Shepherd's Bush Amateur Dramatic society and the artist will have to hitch-hike to Dusseldorf whilst Norton and the head of delegation get an executive jet there and back.

The BBC don't want to spend any money on the programme so I fully expect a barrel load of tom-tit.

:D:D
    Zero promotion?
    Surely not. Change this to:

It will then be promoted by a single live appearance in a London gay club, and two plays by Ken Bruce in the week before the event.

Please add me to the membership of your old cynics club.
    :cool:
  • NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D:D
    Zero promotion?
    Surely not. Change this to:

It will then be promoted by a single live appearance in a London gay club, and two plays by Ken Bruce in the week before the event.

Please add me to the membership of your old cynics club.
    :cool:

And don't forget the significant promo tour around Europe...

Performed in Amsterdam! TWICE!!! :eek:
This discussion has been closed.