2»

Comments

• gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i disagree
  • E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    A 'pretty boy' who was often on the winner's team, till he was facing the interviewing panel on his own:rolleyes::rolleyes:....glad Dara found the 4ft plank he was looking for!!;););):D:D
  • DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamies greatest ability is that to be deceptive. That came out very clearly last night and thast how he got this far. He is a polished con man.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    I don't think thats entirely fair, he didn't deserve to be in the final 2 though as hes been on the wane and there were two better candidates still left in the running, I would have put Liz ahead of Jamie also tbh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamie was fairly good at the beginning but he just got worst and worst towards the end. Another person that is so full of his own self importance. I didn't like him at all!

Stella for the win!

I'm sorry but I can't help notice that you say that you didn't like him because he was 'so full of his own self importance' and then you say Stella for the win, who IMO is so up herself that it would take surgery to remove her. :D;)
  • oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TCD1975 wrote: »
    Yeah, but he was totally shit by the end of the series. I thought he started out okay, but watching his display in the interviews and boardroom yesterday I couldn't belive he'd made it that far.

I agree the final stages showed him up rather badly. He's just not very bright and that came through very clearly. Not sure how he managed to make it through to the interviews.
  • kr1shkr1sh Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    the combination of his clearly put on posh accent and his inability to sting a coherent sentence together has been comedy gold

he's a pretty boy David Brent
  • ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PamelaL wrote: »
    Nice to look at though, and quite charming.

This. Probably the kind of guy who has lots of friends and is quite popular in real life.
  • N20JetCarN20JetCar Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    Because he's a bubblegum head. He's a wrap a condom round your equator and blow, kind of guy.
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,618
    Forum Member
    Jocko Homo wrote: »
    He's very charismatic I think, rather than likeable (he could be smarmy and smug quite a bit of the time) which makes him a good sales person and pitching. He also seemed to be the ideas man at the beginning (with the Cuuli) but he lost a lot of shine with his naff Skiing idea in the DVD's task.

He was the male version of Liz but less articulate and slightly less intelligent (and less good), but when it comes down to it they were both only really great at sales and not much else.

As opposed to Chris whose only really strong point apart from sales is the, very questionable , innovative contract in tours week and, perhaps. his sustained energy.

Jaimie's, later, supposed, negativity was somewhat countered by Chris's previous constantly changing purpose revealed at interview. On the creativity front, take away the credit for the tour negotiation, and Chris is the one labelled early on as uncreative. Both are amiable . Both could be seen as smarmy depending on how you take to Chris's accent. Jaimie's skiing idea wasn't, arguably, as bad as Chris's role in Germanator and, as you say, the beach idea was the best anyone had. Both could sell, but Jaimie did it without creating the nonsense stories Chris did. Jaimie was much less dull at presenting. Chris's other strengths were in his degree education and accent, but Jaimie clearly led in experience of doing anything. If there is another difference its questionable if its real - like the interview focus on Jaimie's negativity or the supposedly noteworthy contract negotiation that may never have been.

I thought there was a pretty good argument for either Jaimie or even Joanna with her rawness over Chris. I also thought that was the vibe of the interviewers too - until it was contradicted by Nick and Karen's support for Chris and the relative use of words like "negative" for Jaimie, and "creative", for Chris, framed Lord Sugar's choice.

I haven't yet seen any argument that Chris or Stella displayed more basic business sense than Liz (or even Joanna) Chris has the tour week inspiration against his name which may be crucial , but only again if you believe the actual contract didn't reveal something else. Stella missed the point worse than anyone in the key buying and negotiation task - which did best test raw business sense. Liz actually spotted Stella's big potential mistake there before she made it and put in place a mechanism to prevent it - which Stella seems then to have ignored. Liz also spots whats wrong in the video task and organises the right alternative solution when she's not even team leader, makes the right pricing decision straightaway when she has a sales problem in the fashion task and gets the supply side of the equation right in both the sausages and bread tasks. Even in sales, its not that she is good - its that she consistently outsells her competition. Even on accounting, Stella has no advantage - Liz was also complimented on her numerical skills in week one and didn't then make Stella's later key maths errors .

I can't actually think of one really good idea, presentation or sale that Stella can claim. She spotted (obvious) issues with Stuart but made a pricing error in week 4. She ignored Joanna's market research in week 8, but may have made the best choice. In weeks 1 and 6, she was paired with Liz for anything positive and in week two ,when she donned the bikini, so did Liz. Sellingwise she was often paired with Joanna and Laura, who were generally stronger. She's also performed worse than people who went before her on several key tests. Laura spotted the truffles sourcing error as soon as Stella made it, but was ignored, Jaimie got 6 times as many tips and had the strongest strategy in the buying task, when she had weakest. Joanna sold more, spotted at least as many issues, and had more creative ideas - in so far as anyone had ideas. Stella can lead - but then so can Liz, Jaimie and Chris - sometimes with even happier troops as a result.

I just don't see a very compelling positive case there for Chris or Stella over anyone else in the last 6 , but Stuart . Removing Liz is now an admitted mistake and she stacks up well against either. Joanna only fails on inexperience and education wheras she might go forward on drive, learning ability and better business sense. Jaimie over Chris depends on Chris, making what may be a mistake, being seen as brilliant, ignoring their experience and rewarding Chris's more obvious energy while ignoring his past drift.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    I Really liked him but then in the interview he just was useless,

It was like he was trying to say three sentences and only got one out, which was bits of each, he was a mess
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grianne wrote: »
    He got as far as he did because the rest were hopeless, bar Liz.

Look at Joanna, small business that basically hasn;t grown in years, thick as two short planks, yet she nearly got to the final.

That's a load of crap, Joanna had the best winning record this series and was at the forefront of most of the tasks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oli27 wrote: »
    I Really liked him but then in the interview he just was useless,

It was like he was trying to say three sentences and only got one out, which was bits of each, he was a mess

I think Jamie lost confidence at the end there and got a bit tongue tied when put on the spot.

He was a good salesman, coped well with most tasks and is likable and personable. I hope he gets something good out of taking part.
  • JepsonJepson Posts: 3,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was a good salesman, coped well with most tasks and is likable and personable. I hope he gets something good out of taking part.

I hope they all do. :)