Worlds Strongest Man 2010

micaleemicalee Posts: 135
Forum Member
I have seen the 2009 repeats which are currently on, but what happened to the usual New Year show?

Comments

• Nik01Nik01 Posts: 9,947
    Forum Member
    Bravo got the rights and have been showing one show every monday night, the coverage has been quite good, the only thing thats been letting it down is that bloody zoe salmon

but the worlds strongest man 2010 wont be shown untill next year
  • micaleemicalee Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    So the one that is showing now, is that a new one? i.e not a repeat?
  • Nik01Nik01 Posts: 9,947
    Forum Member
    it is yes, its filmed around september i think and the bbc and 5 used to show it around new years but its being shown now on bravo instead
  • micaleemicalee Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    Roger that - was getting confused! Ill put it back on the planner then
  • hobnob_monsterhobnob_monster Posts: 2,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bravo to Bravo for actually showing WSM between Christmas and new year this year! I'm just surprised that the foreign strong men can actually understand what Zoe Salmon is asking them in the interviews!!

Good to have WSM back in its rightful slot! Wasn't the same last year!
  • paul_jtpaul_jt Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Great that it is back in its traditional slot. Actually missed the first few - don’t watch anything else on Bravo. Hope there will be some repeats, including Giants Live qualifiers.

Shame about Zoe. Caroline Pearce (Ice from Sky's Gladiators) did a live WSM event in London last year. Would prefer her next time please.

Exemplary commentary from Paul Dickenson and Colin Bryce as always.
  • zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    we have terry Holland in the final. what has happened to the daddy. glen Ross.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    when is the final ?????????????/
  • babbababba Posts: 1,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This was WSM 2010 on Bravo on New years eve..It wont be shown later as Bravo as from 01.01.2011 is no longer broadcasting.
    The reason why Glenn Ross does not compete is he is involved in UK'S strongest man, the winners of this cannot qualify for WSM.
    Up to recently we had Britain Strongest Man and this was the main one to qualify, but this isnt in existance any more.
    So in 2010 Englands strongest man was created to enable folk to enter WSM there were also a series of events called the Giants of Europe one of these was in London.

Terry Hollands is the no one in Britain at the moment, he has had some injuries but has been consistant over the years, Glenn Ross is apparently not interested in WSM.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maybe glen Ross knows then he will never ever win WSM.