Options

Is EE Tamwar the worst soap actor ever

13»

Comments

• Options
    VirginiaDemVirginiaDem Posts: 1,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tamwar is supposed to be the dry-witted geek. He used to have great one-liners and bounced well off Darren. And who can forget the Rude Masood website?

I think he's been badly written, of late, and ill-served by a producer who set forth all sorts of spoilers concerning Tam and Afia and the nature of his injuries after the fire, and then produced zilch in reality.

I think that the Tamwar-Darren dynamic worked. Tamwar-Fatboy, not so much. TPTB basically married him much too young to Afia, situated them in the closed community of Kingdom Zainab and hung them out to dry.
  • Options
    towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tamwar is supposed to be the dry-witted geek. He used to have great one-liners and bounced well off Darren. And who can forget the Rude Masood website?

I think he's been badly written, of late, and ill-served by a producer who set forth all sorts of spoilers concerning Tam and Afia and the nature of his injuries after the fire, and then produced zilch in reality.

I think that the Tamwar-Darren dynamic worked. Tamwar-Fatboy, not so much. TPTB basically married him much too young to Afia, situated them in the closed community of Kingdom Zainab and hung them out to dry.

As much as I love Zainab - and adore Nina Wadia - I do think the writers focus on her a little too much, preventing the other family members ( especially Tamwar ) from having a life away from her dominating pressence. If Tam and Afia had moved into their own home, things might have turned out differently in their marriage, though I suppose Afia was always more of a free spirit. You're also right that Tam might have been married off a little too soon, though I do think Afia suited him on some levels.

As for Hemish himself, he suits the geeky and shy character he is meant to be playing quite well, though he's not a good actor at the side of Nitin and Nina.
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, Tamwar the character is like that, the worrying thing is when a character who isn't supposed to be like that e.g. The Moon Brothers are awkward on screen
  • Options
    Compton_scatterCompton_scatter Posts: 2,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, whenever there's a poll about worst soap actor this chap comes immediately to mind. He keeps glancing at the camera when he's speaking, a big no no.
  • Options
    fryup32fryup32 Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    karlos1236 wrote: »
    I think his whole performance is just a joke. He's got no energy, he shows no emotion and doesn't even look like he wants to be there. Does anyone else feel the same way?

Get a grip. He is acting his character well. What's this got to do with the actor himself?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    I think that is Tamwar's persona though. He is been characterised as a deadpan, slow, emotionless teenager (unlike the usual stereotype I suppose) and so the actor Himesh Patel is adding to this by playing that role and, IMO, quite well.
  • Options
    los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    I watch the Irish soap, Fair City. Therefore, I'm immune to shit actors from other countries. Believe me, Tamwar's a fine actor.
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    los.kav wrote: »
    I watch the Irish soap, Fair City. Therefore, I'm immune to shit actors from other countries. Believe me, Tamwar's a fine actor.

*hands up* I watch River City so I know what you mean.
  • Options
    yourfabulousyourfabulous Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like I want to shake Tamwar, every time I see him.
  • Options
    Emma_BeckEmma_Beck Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    I don't think the OP 'gets' Tambo....he is MEANT to be like that. It is his character and I think the actor who plays him gets him spot on. It's a shame people don't necessarily have the understanding of dry wit.
  • Options
    starfish100starfish100 Posts: 12,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Himesh does a great job of portraying Tamwar too - he gets him spot on, the dry wit, the self deprecating humour, the geekiness. I love Tam. Sadly doesn't get the screen he deserves, and the burns storyline was woefullly short of screentime. :)