EE: Denny hitting Sharon - what was the point of that?

ALowsleyALowsley Posts: 886
Forum Member
✭✭
Denny hit Sharon a few weeks ago but now it seems to be conveniently forgotten. What was the point of that? Denny has been "forgotten" again as he's never seen with the Mitchells nowadays.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    he is back, in he ? Was seen recently still with long hair lol
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    It was a silly plot device for Phil to return and "save the day".
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    As we didn't see her doing anything about it, and we saw Phil backing up his bullying of other kids, I assume he still has the upper hand.
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    As we didn't see her doing anything about it, and we saw Phil backing up his bullying of other kids, I assume he still has the upper hand.

Phil was very much out of order there, and it sends a bad message to the viewers.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a tiny plot that reminded viewers that Sharon has a son, whose been MIA since the wedding.
  • MoJo-GirlMoJo-Girl Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He'll be back, I'm sure. It's probably one of the typical EE slow burning storylines that will resurface every now and again.

They could do so much with this storyline - a child abusing his mother - but I just don't think the actor has the ability to portray it. Harsh, I know because he is so young, but he needs to be a real Jekyll and Hyde character so that the Mitchells, school etc don't believe that little Denny could be hurting his mother.

That's my opinion, anyway!
  • starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    They are just putting more fuel on the fire which willl cultimate in Denny going to a young persons rehabilitation centre then returning a year later, recast, a new character, a cross between Janine, Sean Slater and Steven Bealle
  • TellMeMoreTellMeMore Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Denny has been returned to the cupboard to rest with the other mop and bucket set.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it was merely to assure views that Denny is still on the show
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    I agree with Mo-Jo girl - it is part of a slow burning storyline of Denny getting out of control, encouraged by Phil.

It did have a point and resolution even within the week though, sharon opened up to Ian about being scared of what Denny could be due to Den and Denis both having had violent sides and admitting she has been a bad parent. Something I suspect viewers have wanted her to say for some time.

It'll be returned to, I'm sure.
  • kingcnutkingcnut Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was planting the seed. He'll turn out bad like the rest of his family.
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's normal behavior in the Mitchell household. Phil would be proud if he knew.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, he's going to be baaaad when he grows up and they're sowing the seeds.