Survivor 30 - Worlds Apart

Comments

• chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG..they didn't split votes. Poor Kelly.

Cannot wait to see Jenn/Hali/Joe go 1 by 1.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    I think Jenn/Joe/Hali will likely take a hit, either next week or some time soon. But there's no way the other alliance is staying together long enough to wipe them out.

I hope this season doesn't end up like that as it's been good up to now. I hope the alliances keep changing every episode.
  • EnricoIVEnricoIV Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bwah hah hah ... I loved that Tribal. I can't stand those smirking little do-nothing girls.
  • starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really don't understand why they went for Hali instead of Jenn, Hali has done little in challenges. Surely it's bad gameplay.

Wouldn't have minded a flip here really as it was annoying to see Mike get the idol. It was like he was given a speech by the producers stating how hard it is to find it because, as tends to happen, it seemed to be found relatively quickly. Joe did well finding the clue but unfortunately for him the clue was put in an unusually hard to get place. It's like it was more difficult getting the clue than getting the idol, everyone is likely looking for it at the feast and anything suspicious. And anyway you can often find the idol without a clue, it's nearly always in some hollow in a tree. It seems obvious that Joe is going as soon as he doesn't win immunity.
    Forum Member
    The first predictable boot, though the good luck had to run out at some point. The season still has alot of potential.
    I think they went for Hali because they thought her departure would cause her alliance to crumble. Perhaps because they think she has the strongest social game and was keeping them united.
    Though maybe it was because they thought Joe had found the idol and may have given it to Jenn since he won the IC.

I think Joe constantly winning the ICs is damaging to the others in his alliance because if he had gone last week I think there'd have been some flipping already. Mike, Sierra and Rodney all seem ready to turn on the Blues, Mike said himself that as soon as Joe's gone then he's the next target.
    But with Joe still there continuing to win it keeps the target on the No Collar alliance. I think without Joe around they may have accepted keeping Jenn in, just because the majority alliance mistrust eachother that much.

But just get rid of Rodney already. It was only 5 mins in and I was tired of hearing him talking.
    Poor Shirin though. There were so many moments of her being ripped apart by others, I hope it's leading to her turning into a ruthless gamebot and wiping them all out. lol It's leading to something. Even Jeff was analysing her personality before the challenge.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes you're right Joe winning doesn't help some others and it doesn't matter - so far - for the blue collars. Unless he goes on an unbelieveable run of wins it probably wouldn't change that much. It would have been more interesting had he got the idol, but as I said you hardly need a clue to find an idol now. One very vague clue and a few minutes head start wasn't going to help Joe. Tyler definitely wasn't much help to him, or in the end to the anti-blue alliance at the tribal. He, and I assume Carolyn, are hoping for the eventual split of the blues, but they can't leave it too late either.

Joe was trying to put a positive spin on it by saying it was good that they think he has an idol, I assume meaning that they would have to split the votes. I'm not sure Mike can easily go back on what he said later and say Joe doesn't have an idol as that could put suspicion on himself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why did they target Hali first instead of Jenn? But good boot btw. Jenn was a bit douchey this week.

Dan, Rodney need to go. I am glad Mike is getting a more and more positive edit. I no longer mind him winning...
  • yakutzyakutz Posts: 10,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ugh, Dan and Rodney. I sort of get why Sierra wouldn't give up her position in the blue collar alliance but I really don't think I'd have been able to stand those two for that. Really gutted Hali went - she seemed a genuinely lovely person as well as having the potential to be a great player. I wouldn't be against her returning for a second go.

I think I'll be gutted if anyone but Jenn or Shirin wins at this point. If Shirin manages to turn all the bullying around and win it it might end up being my favourite season yet. :D
    Forum Member
    Mike having the idol will make things interesting. Not sure what it means for the future of Joe/Jenn/Shirin though.

People seem proper mad at this episode, proving that the current audience has a very short attention span and a season of Survivor is only as good as the last episode to be shown. It makes a likely Joe boot next week even less appealing.

I can appreciate Sierra not flipping due to probably not having the numbers to do it and thinking the No Collars are a huge threat. But the frustrating thing about her non-flip is that we have no real clue what game she is currently playing - who are her closest allies and who is she planning to go to the end with? Her current game seems to be a huge blur of nothingness.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Sierra would be better off if she jumped ship now to the NC. First, they didn't have number. Second, she would definitely be at the bottom of the NC+Shirin+? alliance.

At this point she should be close to Carolyn, Will and Tyler and shake things up when it's at 7
  • V1Chris21V1Chris21 Posts: 2,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was really disappointed Hali went as she seems lovely and was a good competitor. Wish they'd taken Jenn out because as much as I loved her move with the idol, her attitude is horrible and she needs to go!

Dan is vile; I was hoping they was setting him up to leave this week but I'm sure his time will come and I can't see him winning. I hope Joe or Tyler win; I like Shirin but she is letting the excitement of being in the game take over and is rubbish at pretty much every aspect of the game. Wouldn't mind a Mike win either.
  • ItsTotesSoFluffItsTotesSoFluff Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Predictable episode and I hope Joe is asked back for another season. I almost liked Rodney for a second when he was doing his impressions lol :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    V1Chris21 wrote: »
    I like Shirin but she is letting the excitement of being in the game take over and is rubbish at pretty much every aspect of the game.

I would have disagreed with you even before this latest episode. She has done some hustling in this game, more so than some others who've had a more secure place or had an immunity idol. Will is the most useless but unfortunately that's likely to mean he will go far.

The episode was predictable apart from whether Joe or Jenn would win immunity. After that was decided it seemed over really. Despite the edit trying to create suspense over Shirin's vote, only a vote against Joe actually made sense. Shirin said Jenn was her friend though from some of Jenn's words in the past I doubt that. It simply wasn't a viable vote to save Joe. It would have been nice to see Jenn hand over the immunity just as it might have been a surprise to them. Her admitting that she would have done that later probably makes her even less of a player now. I wasn't really expecting her to lose interest, maybe it's just a down period she's having and it'll change. Can't say I was a fan of her anyway, she seemed just settled in her own group. As a said before the belief that Joe had an idol meant the vote would be split. Couldn't Jenn vote for herself though? She voted for Dan.

Joe's attempt to use that false idol was interesting because of the affects of it. First Jeff not willing to say whether it was real or not until it was played (I liked that) and Mike revealing it all at tribal which could put some suspicion on him of having tried to make a deal behind people's backs. So though Joe went he probably stirred things up a bit more, as Shirin also tried by saying she would vote for Mike in the jury. The latter seemed to be to put a bigger target on Mike, but maybe it had the effect of flattery at the same time as she then was shown trying to get a new alliance with his group.

Still reward challenges even though it's at the individual stage now. I like how they have both throwing and puzzles now after having tried to get rid of puzzles a short while back. The reward challenge was being used here as much for an advertisement placement as anything. I fully expected to see people being sick after eating all that chocolate, and I expect at least one person was.
    Forum Member
    It was a fairly limited episode, not because of the vote, I mean all the stuff with the fake idol and Jenn wanting to leave was interesting. But the edit was just not interested in Will, Carolyn or Tyler at all, Tyler even won immunity and got nothing. Dan didn't get much and Sierra only got the typical reward confessional.
    I suppose because Mike, Jenn, Shirin and Rodney are clearly the significant players/characters at this point, and Joe was getting booted.

Hopefully with Jenn barely playing and Shirin shaking things up, the divide of the main alliance happens next week. It seems a bit too good to be true though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rodney was hilarious this week. In a good way. His impression on Mike was DEAD on. LMAO

Not surprised to see Joe go. Only reasonable boot out of all contestants.

Mike keeps getting good edit but Tyler and Carolyn were INVISIBLE this week. And, Shirin was everywhere. The edit's been a mess. I have no idea who will go to the end.
  • Abigail88Abigail88 Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrono88 wrote: »
    Rodney was hilarious this week. In a good way. His impression on Mike was DEAD on. LMAO

Not surprised to see Joe go. Only reasonable boot out of all contestants.

Mike keeps getting good edit but Tyler and Carolyn were INVISIBLE this week. And, Shirin was everywhere. The edit's been a mess. I have no idea who will go to the end.

I think that's what makes it good, it's quite unpredictable. I hope Sierra sides with the outsiders and they oust them one by one
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG...

What. An. Episode.

Speechless.
  • bananaman_007bananaman_007 Posts: 8,707
    Forum Member
    I wonder if the reward that Dan got can be used on the final if he is voted out.
    Forum Member
    Lots of drama this episode but it's a shame that this season has gone from an unpredictable pre-merge to an 'almost but not quite' post-merge.
    It really set up the possibility of the votes to keep flipping around but instead the votes have been very one-dimensional.

I appreciate Mike stirring things up and making the main alliance all panicky, though he chose some rather unfortunate times to do it.
    I think Sierra was probably the dumbest for not listening to Mike. At least Dan has the extra vote going for him now. But Sierra has lost the chance to capitalize on 5 votes to use against Rodney's potential 4-person alliance. Her, Mike and Dan should have suggested that their Blue Collar alliance should vote out Tyler, Carolyn or Will just to see how attached Rodney is to them.
    Rodney's alliance is so badly edited that it's hard to believe they'll succeed. Rodney is very much love/hate, Will is over-emotional with no strategy and Tyler/Carolyn get very little content, just the odd confessional thrown in with very little substance.
    I'm glad that Shirin denied Will his letter, he deserved it after bringing her family into it. Though Will referring to them as "love letters" did make me titter for some reason.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rodney has been more hate/hate for me. Never liked Will and still don't. He's always been pretty much useless, the irony of him telling Shirin that she was useless wasn't lost on me, but no doubt was on him, he's not the brightest spark.

It turned out only Jenn voted Carolyn, so they obviously realised it was all decided before tribal and there was no chance of any switch whatsoever. A great chance to get rid of her and her idol, so definitely a bad play for Dan. He's another who's not too bright, as that wasn't a million dollar decision there's a long way to go before he even gets to that stage and it's hard to see that happening without something just falling in his lap.

And Jeff should never have even entertained Will being able to negotiate a letter after he had taken the chance at the auction. It did enable some drama but it was still questionable. Actually Will got another reward in any case with the food, so he should actually have been forced to give all of that back as well, the immunity challenge was irrelevant concerning the auction deal he got. And Will and everybody else knew he was useless at challenges anyway and was probably not under threat either, so he wasn't giving up much.

The auction itself rewarded everyone who bid with some reward, it was a bit too nice I thought, needed to be some crap food in there somewhere at least.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also noticed that others didn't seem that happy with Will's request but in that situation didn't dare put their hand up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This episode was the best in Survivor for ages but boy...some of those people were some a-holes. Dan-Will-Rod have become the worst Survivor trio ever and I hope people will boo the shit out of them at the reunion.

Poor Shirin.

I have no idea who wins at this point. The edit is ALL OVER the place. Before this episode I thought Mike would win, but after the blow-up I couldn't see him as a winner. But who else can it be? If it was Rodney I would puke
    Forum Member
    I'm just pretending Shirin's the winner at the moment just to get me through. It would be the most inspiring ending, but unfortunately it feels like total fantasy aswell. I just hope she has a satisfying end to her journey at least, I mean she's taken enough abuse already.

At this point I feel like it's got to be either Mike or Rodney. Which makes me Team Mike for sure, but then I've never been a fan of predictability. Tyler would seem like an obvious winner but his edit is soooooo bland, or maybe that's just him as a person? It just feels like there should be more to him.

I agree about Will's proposition at the challenge. It was quite crafty of him to act like he was putting a potential million dollars at risk, as if he's winning the IC anyway.
    Jeff seemed to enjoy the Will vs Shirin drama, which was slightly uncomfortable given Will's comments. I've always disliked the accusation of someone "playing the victim", especially from Will to Shirin. I can understand her being annoying or talking too much, but attacking her personal life and then saying she's playing the victim was a huge low on Will's part.
    Apart from anything else, she really doesn't play the victim. Denying Will his letter from home was quite a risky ballsy move from her, the ultimate revenge.
  • bananaman_007bananaman_007 Posts: 8,707
    Forum Member
    Sitting out an immunity challenge he was never going to win was not a fair trade in my book.

I think Survivor needs a new host and new producers. Series 30 should have been a huge event and this is one of the worst series for some time. They have done nothing to try anything new and this collar theme has not worked for me. I didn't like it when it was announced and still don't.

It is quite easy to see Mike is in the best position to win this and no amount of editing will change my mind.

I still want to know the terms of the extra vote Dan has and can it be used on final night
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carolyn's threat to hand back her letter to scupper Mike was peculiar too. Once bought you shouldn't be able to exchange it back. I wish Mike had stood his ground to challenge that. But with the way they twisted things to enable Will to get his letter (on his terms no less) maybe you couldn't be sure they wouldn't bend the rules for Carolyn as well.