Home and Away - The Early Years

Hollo and GonchHollo and Gonch Posts: 4,109
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Apologies if this has already been mentioned - I couldn't find any sign of it...

As part of its summer line-up, Five Life will be showing 'Home and Away - The Early Years' at 10am every day.

Apparently this will feature "selected episodes from the soap's archive". Full story here:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/programming/a46385/five-life-announces-summer-daytime-line-up.html

I think this is great news! What episodes/storylines do you hope they will show? I'd love to see the Blake-Meg story again.

Comments

• Miffy290580Miffy290580 Posts: 10,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh excellent news thanks for that - thank God for Sky+ :D

I'd like to see Blake & Meg too! Also;

The Sophie & David storyline
    Any of Shane & Angel
    Selina's cult storyline
    and any of Bobby as well because she was a brilliant character!
  • PANNAL1PANNAL1 Posts: 8,905
    Forum Member
    Karen, Blakes sister going off the rails with Revhead

Bobby finding out Donald and Morag were her parents

Nicolle Dickson who played Bobby was a great actress
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Re Karen & Revhead - didn't they cause a car crash that someone died in? Was it David?
    Forum Member
    I think so and Sophie was pregnant with Davids child

Think Guy Pearce played David
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh ok thanks for that - I had a vague memory of that and needed confirmation :D Yeah he was played by Guy Pearce and Sophie was pregnant with his child while she was still at school.
  • LovelyLauraLovelyLaura Posts: 50,041
    Forum Member
    I read on Back To The Bay that Five Life are only showing stuff that has actually been broadcast on Five....apparently, the first episode they are showing is the first episode that was ever broadcast on Five. So I think it's unlikely that we will see anything earlier than 2000 at the moment :(
    Forum Member
    Lets not forget Alfs daughter Ruth who married Frank
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read on Back To The Bay that Five Life are only showing stuff that has actually been broadcast on Five....apparently, the first episode they are showing is the first episode that was ever broadcast on Five. So I think it's unlikely that we will see anything earlier than 2000 at the moment :(

Oh really? Aww thats a shame :cry:
    Forum Member
    Yeah, the early years were great, Irene used to be an alcoholic, and there was the summer bay stalker

Bobby being a wild child before Donald and she grew close and he helped her mature.
    Carly coming to terms with being raped

it was such a good show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, that's what I'd heard as well. Will be nice to see the Nash's again and the original Flynn.
  • nytramfilmsnytramfilms Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member
    Nope it is not good news at all. All five shows these days is h&a and to think the great soaps they could buy.

Dynasty, Falcon crest, Knots landing, Santa babara, Shortland street, Passions, Sunset beach ect.............

But no, what do they buy? More repeats of h&a. I give up on this channel.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    They didn't buy them.. they already own the rights to repeat them. And seeing as Home & Away's ratings are keeping Five Life afloat, you can't really blame them for showing more of it.
  • nytramfilmsnytramfilms Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member
    goldfish42 wrote: »
    They didn't buy them.. they already own the rights to repeat them. And seeing as Home & Away's ratings are keeping Five Life afloat, you can't really blame them for showing more of it.

They only own the rights to current episodes! They have to pay for the classic ones which is why its only for the summer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    Ohh i cant wait!!

i loved all the old episodes, this a programme that reminds me so much of my younger years
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will be interesting. Some people on the BTTB forum believe the first two episodes that will be shown were in fact first shown on ITV.
  • fugitivefugitive Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think they should start off where Living left off.

round about 92/93 i think
  • tvrusstvruss Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    here we go

sadly not from the beginning it seems from where five picked up from here is the info for 1st 2 eps on 21st May

SOAP: Home and Away
    On: five Life (209)
    Date: Monday 21st May 2007 (starting in 10 days)
    Time: 10:00 to 10:30 (30 minutes long)

The Early Years.
    Classic episodes from Summer Bay. Nick finally accepts that Ken and Irene intend to get married, while Gypsy's falling behind in her schoolwork and Joel accuses the kids of trespassing at the drop-in centre.

Time: 10:30 to 11:00 (30 minutes long)

The Early Years.
    It's back to Summer Bay where Gypsy's reputation at school is in danger, Peta and Edward plan to move in together and Sally is devastated to find that someone else has bought the Caravan Park.
  • MinnimoMinnimo Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member
    OK is there no possible way, in this day and age with everything out there, that we can't actually see earlier episodes of home and away. I mean even earlier than 5's episodes!

Sheesh so many times it's been reported that different channels will show classics (I mean through the nineties!):mad:

Ok Rant over :D
  • Hollo and GonchHollo and Gonch Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tvruss wrote: »
    here we go

sadly not from the beginning it seems from where five picked up from

Sigh, how disappointing. Calling it "The Early Years" is a bit cheeky.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tvruss wrote: »
    here we go

sadly not from the beginning it seems from where five picked up from here is the info for 1st 2 eps on 21st May

Time: 10:00 to 10:30 (30 minutes long)

The Early Years.
    Classic episodes from Summer Bay. Nick finally accepts that Ken and Irene intend to get married, while Gypsy's falling behind in her schoolwork and Joel accuses the kids of trespassing at the drop-in centre.

Time: 10:30 to 11:00 (30 minutes long)

The Early Years.
    It's back to Summer Bay where Gypsy's reputation at school is in danger, Peta and Edward plan to move in together and Sally is devastated to find that someone else has bought the Caravan Park.

Thanks for that. I stopped watching late 90's till a couple of years ago so I missed these episodes. What year are these from?
  • Jellybaby9000Jellybaby9000 Posts: 504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Id love to see the old Home And Aways back but wish that they'd start righ back at the beginning.They had some great story lines then.Much better than the new ones!
    Id like to see more of Pippa and Tom! I thought that the old storyline with Irne was great too when she was an alcoholic, didnt she abuse her kids? Finlay I think she was called.
  • Hollo and GonchHollo and Gonch Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Id love to see the old Home And Aways back but wish that they'd start righ back at the beginning.They had some great story lines then.Much better than the new ones!
    Id like to see more of Pippa and Tom! I thought that the old storyline with Irne was great too when she was an alcoholic, didnt she abuse her kids? Finlay I think she was called.

Yep, Finlay and Damian. Irene was played by a different actress to start with. As I remember, she was a bit more, er, butch than the current one :o
  • Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay :D Never seen Home and Away pre-1995/6, so this is a real treat for me
  • ThumbolinaThumbolina Posts: 3,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We'll get to see Edward the gorgeous Goth again. Nothing wrong with that!
  • GoldeyfishGoldeyfish Posts: 670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    re irene actress,
    nope it's always been lynne mcgranger,
    her caracter was kinda quested a couple of times before becoming a credited member..
    she had really short bleached hair and looked aweful:)

i'd like to have seen some of the stephen and dodge stuff when they were young...
    and also rev head...
    calling it the early years....and picking up 12 years in...is a bit cheeky