Options

Scrubs

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Over the summer I watched every episode of Scrubs in order, just finished season 9 last night...

Fantastic show, had never watched it before until being recommended to by a friend, watched a few episodes and became addicted!

Not even ashamed to say that "My Finale" made me cry, first tv show ever to do so.
  • Options
    WillbertWillbert Posts: 1,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing on TV made me laugh more than Turk and JD's "low five" experiment and the " Guy Love" song
  • Options
    HerefordgirlHerefordgirl Posts: 3,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Willbert wrote: »
    Nothing on TV made me laugh more than Turk and JD's "low five" experiment and the " Guy Love" song

Guy Love live!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkprkMQY_6Y

(ouch)

Wonderful series - I found the scripts online somewhere and just reading them through made me laugh.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    I love Scrubs, I could watch it all day. Janitor's my favourite always tormenting JD. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v2mEg9Cpvs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7-b1MO3jy4
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guy Love was fantastic. A true classic moment.

And I think "My Finale" was just absolutely perfect. It's why I could go into Season 9 looking at it as a spin-off and being willing to give it a go.
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never saw this, it's being repeated again this week from the beginning, is it worth me giving it a go?
  • Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    Heavenly wrote: »
    I never saw this, it's being repeated again this week from the beginning, is it worth me giving it a go?

It is very good. But it did run for a very long time, and I would say that there was a bit of a decline in quality after the first four seasons.
  • Options
    CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    Heavenly wrote: »

yeah it is a good show, earlier episodes were much better than the last few series where they just seemed to keep going for the sake of it
  • Options
    kulmarkulmar Posts: 1,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is a brilliant show the best American comedy-series since friends but not so fluffy.. There were times it would mix laughter with death.. I urge everyone to watch but if your gonna watch it start from the beginning so you get to know JD first and then you will understand..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kulmar wrote: »
    It is a brilliant show the best American comedy-series since friends but not so fluffy.. There were times it would mix laughter with death.. I urge everyone to watch but if your gonna watch it start from the beginning so you get to know JD first and then you will understand..

When they did do the 'sad' episodes, they got it spot on more often than not. Some genuinely sad moments for what is officially a sitcom.

I'm tempted to re-watch - I've got them all on DVD I suppose, but a re-watch on series link would be easier ..
  • Options
    Nikki E.Nikki E. Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When they did do the 'sad' episodes, they got it spot on more often than not. Some genuinely sad moments for what is officially a sitcom.

I'm tempted to re-watch - I've got them all on DVD I suppose, but a re-watch on series link would be easier ..

I recently had a Scrubs re-watch. It were highly enjoyable!

So may laughs and tears.

I hadn't watched season nine before the recent re-watch. I found it enjoyable; I liked season nine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nikki E. wrote: »
    I hadn't watched season nine before the recent re-watch. I found it enjoyable; I liked season nine.

Yeah I liked Season 9 as well actually. I think it was improving greatly towards the end and I think if they'd have been given a 10th Season, they could have really taken it somewhere.
  • Options
    gasheadgashead Posts: 13,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay, a bumped Scrubs thread ! I love love love this show. After catching the odd ep here and there on Paramount/ CC and starting to like it, when I saw all nine seasons for £15 a few months ago I couldn't resist and watched it as much as I could, watching the last ep about a month ago.

Re. ending it after JD left, whilst they probably should have, I really liked the Med School 'spin off'. It wasn't Scrubs as we knew it, but it was enjoyable in its own right, with amusing characters such as Denise, Lucy and Cole. Only thing that puzzled me is that they got back almost every regular relevant character, except Carla (Janitor also doesn't show up, but that character ran out of steam long before season nine anyway). They gave JD/ Elliott and Kelso/ Ted 'closure', but Carla was barely, if at all, referred to again. There was definite mileage, what with Turk now being COS (maybe Carla became a stay-at-home mum?) but it was never explored.
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It starts again on Comedy Central Extra - Tuesday - 9 July at 6pm, be on +1 as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any excuse for "Guy Love" I suppose :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just wish they'd been given the chance by the network to actually call it a proper spinoff instead of being forced to call it Series 9...

There's a story that Bill Lawrence actually had to change his writing credit to "Med School Bill Lawrence" so the title card would say "Scrubs: Med School" because the Network wouldn't even let them alter the name.

You want to know a new fact I learnt about Scrubs the other day?

Ted turns up in an episode of Cougar Town.
    And I don't mean the actor, the actual Character turns up when they go on holiday, he's split up with Gooch apparently (she dumped him for Hooch! GOOCH is crazy! :eek: )

Dunno how canon that is...if sitcoms do Canon...
    But still, was sad when I read that! Poor Ted!

I think you'll find she dumped him for Rajesh....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nikki E. wrote: »
    I recently had a Scrubs re-watch. It were highly enjoyable!

So may laughs and tears.

Yeah I liked Season 9 as well actually. I think it was improving greatly towards the end and I think if they'd have been given a 10th Season, they could have really taken it somewhere.

Yes I initially didn't like season 9 but after rewatching began to appreciate it as a stand alone next generation kind of thing with some of the previous cast still popping up for reassurance..
    Cole and the cool dude whose name I forget were good and the new narration from Lucy was enjoyable seeing things from a woman's perspective.. 😳
  • Options
    MikaRimmerMikaRimmer Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gashead wrote: »
    Yay, a bumped Scrubs thread ! I love love love this show. After catching the odd ep here and there on Paramount/ CC and starting to like it, when I saw all nine seasons for £15 a few months ago I couldn't resist and watched it as much as I could, watching the last ep about a month ago.

Re. ending it after JD left, whilst they probably should have, I really liked the Med School 'spin off'. It wasn't Scrubs as we knew it, but it was enjoyable in its own right, with amusing characters such as Denise, Lucy and Cole. Only thing that puzzled me is that they got back almost every regular relevant character, except Carla (Janitor also doesn't show up, but that character ran out of steam long before season nine anyway). They gave JD/ Elliott and Kelso/ Ted 'closure', but Carla was barely, if at all, referred to again. There was definite mileage, what with Turk now being COS (maybe Carla became a stay-at-home mum?) but it was never explored.

They did mention Carla now stayed at home to look after their 2 daughters. I think. But I heard the reason she didn't appear was because they wanted to reduce her to a recurring character rather than main and Judy Reyes wanted to remain a main character so quit. Not sure if that's true, but I heard it many years ago now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MikaRimmer wrote: »
    They did mention Carla now stayed at home to look after their 2 daughters. I think. But I heard the reason she didn't appear was because they wanted to reduce her to a recurring character rather than main and Judy Reyes wanted to remain a main character so quit. Not sure if that's true, but I heard it many years ago now.

I think I'd heard something along those lines too.. Was a shame she was a favourite of mine..
  • Options
    Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    I just wish they'd been given the chance by the network to actually call it a proper spinoff instead of being forced to call it Series 9...

There's a story that Bill Lawrence actually had to change his writing credit to "Med School Bill Lawrence" so the title card would say "Scrubs: Med School" because the Network wouldn't even let them alter the name.

You want to know a new fact I learnt about Scrubs the other day?

Ted turns up in an episode of Cougar Town.
    And I don't mean the actor, the actual Character turns up when they go on holiday, he's split up with Gooch apparently (she dumped him for Hooch! GOOCH is crazy! :eek: )

Dunno how canon that is...if sitcoms do Canon...
    But still, was sad when I read that! Poor Ted!
    Well the janitor was in "The fugitive" with harrison ford:cool: ;)
  • Options
    codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,683
    Forum Member
    When it comes to the Janitor, I think I like the actor's improv more than anything written for him where he boderline assaults JD and is generally a nasty sort.

It's sort of Scrubs legend now that most of the scripts just contained a part that said "whatever Neil says" for the Janitors lines, which are usually hilarious.
    But when they have him and tbh most of the characters being at least mean and at worst physically threatening to JD and then calling him out for "whining" about it, it really hurts the believability of the show.

But, it's scrubs, I criticise because I love it so much :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 465
    Forum Member
    I love Scrubs. I don't watch it as much as I used to, but it was brilliant. I love the crossover jokes with Cougar Town.

Neil Flynn (Janitor) was in an episode of Brookeside once. Random.
  • Options
    decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think series 9 could have worked as a stand alone show, i miss scrubs, and i miss the very very sexy Dr.Cox!!

Don't forget the sexy Janitor, my weird crush :D
  • Options
    DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any minute now ... Still makes me cry lots now. Went from tears of laughter, tears of joy and tears of sadness. Now that is amazing from one show.
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrubs was amazing, could make me laugh and cry.

Did you know that in season 1 Janitor was a meant to be figment of JDs imagination? The creator didn't know it was going to be continued so that done that, thats why no other characters interacted with him.