Options

Suarez and Aguero the two big transfer sagas for the summer?

AdsAds Posts: 37,057
Forum Member
After the never ending Bale saga last year, Spanish press reports that Barca want Aguero and Real Madrid want Suarez.

Sure City could offer Aguero lots more money to keep him settled, but Barca are paying Messi about £25m a year, so money isn't a problem for them either.

Lets see what happens!

Comments

• Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope and nope.
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    of course that's what we need AGAIN ..... another three months of bloody suarez nonsense >:(
    PLEASE GOD NO
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neither will go anywhere IMO.

I can see this year's sagas being Fabregas and Yaya Toure.
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    Neither will go anywhere IMO.

I can see this year's sagas being Fabregas and Yaya Toure.

I agree about Fabregas and Yaya Toure and i wouldnt be surprised if there is a shock departure from Chelsea too somewhere along the way. Its always difficult to predict these things in a World Cup year though cos there will be a player or two springing a surprise. I would expect the Suarez speculation to continue and im sure if he has a decent World Cup it will go into overdrive. Liverpool could well benefit from him carrying an injury.
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    I think there's a real possibility the Suarez saga will run again as Real Madrid probably feel they need a top striker and he's the best about right now.

Aguero, not so much, unless he's got some personal desire to play for Barcelona. I highly doubt they could offer him more than City.
  • Options
    Big PoyBig Poy Posts: 7,483
    Forum Member
    Aguero going no where, club made it very clear they won't even listen to offers.

Can't comment on Suarez, I would assume top Spanish clubs would be interested but Liverpool would probably be able to keep hold of him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had Liverpool not qualified for the CL then I think Suarez would be a goner, but I think he'll have at least 1 year's go at it with them. I do think there'll be a fair bit of speculation around him but would expect him to stay.
  • Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    There's no doubt that there'll be plenty of speculation surrounding Suárez and Real Madrid, and the media will probably create links to other clubs but I don't see Suárez leaving us now.

If he has a good World Cup though then the rumours will come flying in and we may well see a struggle if clubs offer large bids.
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    TheMunch wrote: »
    There's no doubt that there'll be plenty of speculation surrounding Suárez and Real Madrid, and the media will probably create links to other clubs but I don't see Suárez leaving us now.

If he has a good World Cup though then the rumours will come flying in and we may well see a struggle if clubs offer large bids.

Suarez may well stay who knows, but i think there is a very wrong assumption being made about him. People have probably rightly said "If Liverpool dont make the CL he could be off" which i think is fair enough but i dont think it automatically follows that Liverpool getting into the CL means he stays. Real have just won it and will be up there with the faves again next season, Liverpool are just back in and as City have shown it can potentially take a couple of years to adjust. If Real make a big enough bid he may feel that going for the chance of winning it is enough of a draw above simply playing in it.........

or he may be happy and stay where he is......:)
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cesc will be the one that I think will run and run and run all summer long, it is in his interest interests for it to be like that.

Suarez I think will be staying at Liverpool, unless a record breaking (bigger than the Neymar/Bale transfers) deal comes in for him, and I don't think that will happen.
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like only Chelsea are seriously interested in Fabregas. He's a good player but not at the asking transfer fee and wages purported to be required.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lo and behold, the Marca summer transfer campaign has started:

https://twitter.com/martincharquero/status/473961495789727745