Sugar's too slow ...

Bonnie ScotlandBonnie Scotland Posts: 2,211
Forum Member
✭✭✭
... at the board room firing scene. I seem to remember he used to be quicker and switched between them in such a way that you thought 'who's he going to fire??' and he messed with your brain by doing a last minute finger pointing switch.

now it just seems a bit slow, ponderous and pretty predictable. I do appreciate he's no spring chicken which maybe has a bearing on things.

does anyone else feel this or just me?

Comments

• sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't agree, sorry. I think he's as on the ball as he ever was.
  • moagmoag Posts: 2,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was gonna be James. He's still got it
  • Winchester LadyWinchester Lady Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like Sugar but think he's been a bit sharper this series.
  • RutakatekiRutakateki Posts: 2,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's the editing. They've really strung it out, I'd imagine to up the tension, but like you I find it boring and repetitive.
  • ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's always the same formula - the edit shows him berating two candidates and then he fires the one that he wasn't as harsh towards. Nurun being fired was predictable if you apply this formula.
  • trollfacetrollface Posts: 13,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shappy wrote: »
    Nurun being fired was predictable if you apply this formula.

Or, indeed, if you'd watched the last 3 episodes.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When he comes to the final deliberation and says to the first person "Regretfully...",...it's not them it's one of the other two.
  • Bonnie ScotlandBonnie Scotland Posts: 2,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So pretty much just me then :) still think he used to be better at leaving the viewer guessing, i don't see many 'james i think your journey's just about done ... but amy you're fired' all said in one go with last minute switch.

to me it's not as 'edge of the seat' any more. I'm happy to be in a majority of one ;)
  • ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently the boardroom filming actually lasts hours as Sugar rambles a lot. It gets heavily cut down in editing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shappy wrote: »
    Apparently the boardroom filming actually lasts hours as Sugar rambles a lot. It gets heavily cut down in editing.

No wonder James needed a stretch.