And i am supposed to get Wales Tonight

Friday - London Tonight

Saturday - London Tonight

Sunday - Granada Report

Monday - Granada Report

Tuesday - London Tonight

Wednesday - London Tonight

Next Thursday - Central Tonight

Same as me in the SW. There isn't a Wales or West region in the first roll out, so I suppose we'll get Central.
  • Options
    RadiomikeRadiomike Posts: 7,948
    Forum Member
    Beginning to look like it will be next Thursday now. Here in Tyne Tees area it says

Fri/Sat - London Tonight
    Sun/Mon - Central Tonight
    Tue/Wed - London Tonight
    Thu - Granada Reports

Interestingly most recent posts seem to suggest the correct regional edition (bearing in mind there may only be Granada, Central and London anyway) in place from Thursday. I think Sun/Mon will change back to London Tonight and the new regional ITV1 HD channels will start on Thursday - wouldn't be surprised if STV HD doesn't start then as well on Sky.
  • Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very odd that the post above says Central is the region from next Thursday in North Wales.

What part of North Wales are you in TVCymru?

As reported before we live on the North Wales coast and our current mess of an EPG shows tonight (London), Monday (Granada), Tuesday and Wednesday (London) and Thursday (Granada). No sign of Central.

Granada IS the other channel accessible here via Freeview (as well as ITV Wales that has no HD feed due as yet).

Is your other Freeview region Central?

If so then Wales may be getting split via postcode/Freeview region according to the most appropriate (ie nearest) English region available in HD.
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Granada IS the other channel accessible here via Freeview (as well as ITV Wales that has no HD feed due as yet).

Is your other Freeview region Central?

If so then Wales may be getting split via postcode/Freeview region according to the most appropriate (ie nearest) English region available in HD.

In March, Ofcom issued six licences for ITV1 HD

ITV1 HD (Central)

ITV1 HD (Granada/Border)

ITV1 HD (London/LWT)

ITV1 HD (Meridian/Anglia)

ITV1 HD (Wales/West)

ITV1 HD (Yorkshire/Tyne Tees)

The first four are in the initial roll-out, you in North Wales have been given Granada, me in the SW, Central.

I assume in the future we'll both get Wales/West?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    derek500 wrote: »

The first four are in the initial roll-out, you in North Wales have been given Granada, me in the SW, Central.

I assume in the future we'll both get Wales/West?

Seems likely, thanks.

But TVCymru in the post above lists North Wales as home and reports getting the Central version next week.

So in the interim even north wales appears to be being divided amongst English regions.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    platty wrote: »
    On Thursday when ITV1HD goes "regional" , i have got Central news stated in my EPG for the local news :confused: .....anyone else got the same problem ?

I did notice it, seen a few other things not long back that was noted wrong in info part.

Where abouts in leigh are ya...? I'm near Asda just off kirkall lane.
  • Options
    plattyplatty Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Manc-Daz wrote: »
    I did notice it, seen a few other things not long back that was noted wrong in info part.

Where abouts in leigh are ya...? I'm near Asda just off kirkall lane.

Buck street , just off St Helens Rd :D
  • Options
    GreeboGreebo Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking promising from Thursday just up the East Lancs from the last two posters:
    • Sat 5.30pm London Tonight
    • Sun 5.30pm Central News & Headlines
    • Mon 6pm Central Tonight
    • Tue 6pm London Tonight
    • Wed 6pm London Tonight
    • Thur 6pm Granada Reports
    • Fri 6pm Granada Reports
  • Options
    Waj_100Waj_100 Posts: 3,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in the Granada region (out Accrington way), mine is listed as Granada Reports for as far forward as the guide lists.
  • Options
    bravejordybravejordy Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    Greebo wrote: »
    Looking promising from Thursday just up the East Lancs from the last two posters:
    • Sat 5.30pm London Tonight
    • Sun 5.30pm Central News & Headlines
    • Mon 6pm Central Tonight
    • Tue 6pm London Tonight
    • Wed 6pm London Tonight
    • Thur 6pm Granada Reports
    • Fri 6pm Granada Reports

I'm in Birkenhead (Granada) and my ITVHD listings are the same as above.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unbelievably ITV HD now shows Granada here (tomorrow), London (Tuesday and Wednesday) and Central (Thursday and Friday). The latter was definitely Granada for Thursday until at least Friday night.

What idiot thinks Central is more appropriate to North Wales than Granada - which is in many parts of North Wales one of the two default regions on Freeview?

Indeed all local shops sell both Granada and Wales area TV listings mags, I have never seen a Central one anywhere.

So this move hardly can be claimed to be in the interesys of the viewer.

If they cite ad revenue I would love to know how visiting Birmingham is a more likely outcome than visting, say, Liverpool or Chester. I know plenty who go shopping in Manchester and nobody who goes to Birmingham.

Local programming wise Granada is self evidently more sensible - as I cannot imagine who in North Wales would be desperate for local news from the west midlands or Nottingham.

Just as a for instance Granada weather includes North Wales in its maps. Central does not.

So how does this crazy allocation make any sense?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldnt worry to much about what it's showing in the EPG now, they'll probably fix it when they are ready to launch the regions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldnt worry to much about what it's showing in the EPG now, they'll probably fix it when they are ready to launch the regions.

Hope they do but the fact that they switched it TO Granada once last week and then away from that to Central over the weekend, whereas people in Lancashire are reporting that they did the opposite, suggests these are the changes to the EPG for the launch this Thursday.
  • Options
    ozsatozsat Posts: 5,744
    Forum Member
    We live in Meridian area and even though Meridian have a HD region - the listings for ITV1HD next week are for Central.

Also, VirginMedia is carrying ITV1HD for Central - even though the main ITV1 channel is Meridian and other VirginMedia Meridian regions have Meridian HD.

Sky and VirginMedia have said that it is by ITV's choice that the HD region is not the same as SD region for Oxford.

I think somebody at ITV is confused as our region is still called 'Central South' even though the programming was switched to Meridian.

Doesn't really matter for 30 minutes a days upscaled programming - but I'm sure ITV would like the ads to be in the right region.
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they cite ad revenue I would love to know how visiting Birmingham is a more likely outcome than visting, say, Liverpool or Chester. I know plenty who go shopping in Manchester and nobody who goes to Birmingham.

If you lived furhter south in say Welshpool, you're more likely to nip across to Telford, Shrewesbury, and Birmingham in the Central region.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    derek500 wrote: »
    If you lived furhter south in say Welshpool, you're more likely to nip across to Telford, Shrewesbury, and Birmingham in the Central region.

Agreed, but is that not why regions are supposed to be decided on postcodes?

Or do they think all LLs are the same? :)

(The LL postcode covers a huge area)

It was far better when you got allocated two ITV regions - one on 103 and another next local regional one in the 980s.

Living then in north Derbyshire we had Central on 103 and Granada as an option in the 980s.

Why did they drop this common sense idea?
  • Options
    davies88davies88 Posts: 1,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ozsat wrote: »
    We live in Meridian area and even though Meridian have a HD region - the listings for ITV1HD next week are for Central.

Also, VirginMedia is carrying ITV1HD for Central - even though the main ITV1 channel is Meridian and other VirginMedia Meridian regions have Meridian HD.

Sky and VirginMedia have said that it is by ITV's choice that the HD region is not the same as SD region for Oxford.

I think somebody at ITV is confused as our region is still called 'Central South' even though the programming was switched to Meridian.

Doesn't really matter for 30 minutes a days upscaled programming - but I'm sure ITV would like the ads to be in the right region.

Ah - it is still Central South though. Its only the news programme that is from Meridian. Advertising is still there for Central South. I think old Central News South viewers will get Central Tonight on the ITV HD service because of advertising.
  • Options
    blueplatinumblueplatinum Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My 178 is currently receiving London News but EPG and "Now/Next" says "Granada News and Weather"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed, but is that not why regions are supposed to be decided on postcodes?

Or do they think all LLs are the same? :)

(The LL postcode covers a huge area)

It was far better when you got allocated two ITV regions - one on 103 and another next local regional one in the 980s.

Living then in north Derbyshire we had Central on 103 and Granada as an option in the 980s.

Why did they drop this common sense idea?

I agree with what you are saying,concerning the ITV regions,on Sky.
    Here in the North Wales coast area,we used to get ITV1 Wales on 103 and ITV1 Granada on 963,this kept all viewers happy. Costs issues,between ITV and Sky,regarding EPG placements,were responsible,for the additional adjacent region being dropped.

As you live in the North Wales coast area,as well,i would suggest an e-mail or letter,to ITV Granada,in Manchester,may be a good idea,in as much as it will alert them to your preference for ITV Granada and they will probably send you a prepared statement concerning their coverage of North Wales.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I might do - though I imagine it is going to be ITV 1 Wales HD sooner or later anyhow. Possibly even later this year. So I guess it is all pretty academic.

I have no problem with ITV Wales as the default region as and when. Just think Granada rather than Central in the interim would have made more sense here.

However, they might have just taken the slightly odd decision to give all of Wales one English region in the short term and, if so, Central probably seemed to benefit the most.

But 99% of the time there is nothing regional on ITV anyway so its not really worth losing sleep over.
  • Options
    Marti SMarti S Posts: 5,790
    Forum Member
    Does anyone still watch the local news on ITV? I know I dont because the east midlands news is recorded and not live and comes from Birmingham.
    I would imagine central tonight will be just the west midlands output and so have no relevance to people in the east midlands.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marti S wrote: »
    Does anyone still watch the local news on ITV? I know I dont because the east midlands news is recorded and not live and comes from Birmingham.
    I would imagine central tonight will be just the west midlands output and so have no relevance to people in the east midlands.

Or those in Llanfairpwyllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwillantysiliogogogoch :)