Options

The Saturdays "Higher" best pop song of all time?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a good song but it dosent even come close to how good Up is. And thier are far better Pop songs than that.
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a good song but it dosent even come close to how good Up is. And thier are far better Pop songs than that.

Politely disagree, it's better than Up IMO. It's quite a nifty little EP is Headlines.
  • Options
    Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Politely disagree, it's better than Up IMO. It's quite a nifty little EP is Headlines.

Up was just so clever, the lyrics were great. Higher is a good song but its nothing i haven't heard before.
  • Options
    MrIncredibleMrIncredible Posts: 5,034
    Forum Member
    The Saturdays are just horrendous. They have only had one acceptable single, and thats "Up."

They are basically the Aldi version of Girls Aloud.
  • Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What the hell is Headlines, weren't ego and forever is over on their last album. Their management doesn't have a clue, some great songs and voices there but they are all over the place career wise.
  • Options
    kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer Higher to Up. I think I'm one of the few Saturdays fans who doesn't particularly like Up, I just don't see what the fuss is about. Flashback is my all time favourite song of theirs though.

But anyway, Higher isn't the best pop song of all time. Not in a million years. Its a nice song, but there's thousands of better pop songs out there. Maybe you just need to listen to a wider range of pop music, because there's a lot better out there.
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Up was just so clever, the lyrics were great. Higher is a good song but its nothing i haven't heard before.

Fair enough. Higher is slightly less vacuous than Up, but not by much. Up has much better production to be fair.
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    trawets09 wrote: »
    I think its a contender, that track pisses over almost every other pop song in existence.

Oh God what a depressing thread this is.

Why do DS let 10-year-olds come onto this forum? :(

If you think The Saturdays are the best thing in the music industry and that one of their songs is the best song ever then you are sadly mistaken.

Oh and i'm not going to slag off someone's music taste but I don't think you're in a position to mock someone else's music taste. ;)
  • Options
    kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You are just being massively sarcastic aren't you? Thought so. It's catchy and I do quite like it, but it's nothing original or awe-inspiring. There has been so many much better pop songs released this year, let alone 'all time'.

Sorry but looking at your posts in this thread (and in a different one) you do seem like an obsessed Saturdays fan.
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This has to be a WUM, surely?
  • Options
    Gaspanic!Gaspanic! Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Contender for thread of the year so far?
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    They mimed to autotuned pre-recorded vocals at that festival. Soo... :D

On topic, it's a corker of a pop song. But in no contention for best pop song of all time whatsoever.

I agree (and I say that as a Saturdays fan too)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    Is it?

....no.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not even the best track on the album. That goes to the remix of One Shot.
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    trawets09 wrote: »
    I think its a contender , that track pisses over almost every other pop song in existence.

Says you let the song be released and get awards before you go big in it up way more then it is, saying its the best pop song off all time is a little bit too far you can only say that when the figures say so.

i know your a sats fan but be fair as well not just one way.