Options

Moving From Virgin To BT

methodyguymethodyguy Posts: 6,044
Forum Member
I currently have Virgin wireless broadband (30mb with super hub ) and I am switching to BT Infinity in a weeks time. I would like to know what people's experience of Infinity are and also I have Apple Tv and I stream the Internet radio on it and would Infinity stream it as well as Virgin BB does?

Thank you :)

Comments

• Options
    joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,037
    Forum Member
    methodyguy wrote: »
    I currently have Virgin wireless broadband (30mb with super hub ) and I am switching to BT Infinity in a weeks time. I would like to know what people's experience of Infinity are and also I have Apple Tv and I stream the Internet radio on it and would Infinity stream it as well as Virgin BB does?

Thank you :)

Why oh Why do you want to do this?

BT is rubbish, Virgin is much Faster, yes BT Infinity would streaming anything you want where you want, Infinity is a bit slower than Virgin
    because of the VDSL Technology that they use

Why aren't you happy with Virgin, why can you not stay put, are you moving house?
  • Options
    Forum Member

BT is rubbish, Virgin is much Faster, yes BT Infinity would streaming anything you want where you want, Infinity is a bit slower than Virgin

Why aren't you happy with Virgin, why can you not stay put, are you moving house?

The main reason why I wanted to change was that I have had to reboot the super hub quite a few times recently and I am a bit fed up with i. Also I would like to avail of the Sky AT service and I suspect that when Sky roll it out to other ISPs BT will get it before Virgin does.
  • Options
    joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,037
    Forum Member
    methodyguy wrote: »
    The main reason why I wanted to change was that I have had to reboot the super hub quite a few times recently and I am a bit fed up with i. Also I would like to avail of the Sky AT service and I suspect that when Sky roll it out to other ISPs BT will get it before Virgin does.

Haven't you downloaded the new Firmware for the Superhub, to make it better?

There are lots of Posts about this in the Virgin section,
    have you sent the Virgin Twitter Team an E - Mail yet, as they are better than anyone else
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think the 80Mbit Infinity that they are moving customers onto next year will be more than fast enough for the vast majority of people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Haven't you downloaded the new Firmware for the Superhub, to make it better?

There are lots of Posts about this in the Virgin section,
    have you sent the Virgin Twitter Team an E - Mail yet, as they are better than anyone else

How do I download the new firmware?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    When the firmware is made available to you, it downloads automatically by rebooting (power cycle). The big issue with the Superhub was with IP Flood detection which can be disabled. Since disabling this and with recent firmware updates my SH has been pretty good.