Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 10)

Comments

• Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see that Wowcher have brought that one with the redhead stabbing her sushi back.

And I see that her smug face after she thought of it is still annoying.
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lea_uk wrote: »
    They are different actors.

I thought the dad and grandad were played by the same actor.
  • Options
    elenaelena Posts: 14,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Comfort ad with the horrible fake French accents and the word 'fabulous' being said nearly every other word!!!
  • Options
    ValerianValerian Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The end of the Royal Marines ad gets me every time :o
  • Options
    LillithLillith Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For the last time. What does the BT ad mean? Who is the old guy with grey hair at the end? I don't mean the actor I mean the character. Why does the girlfriend say they are like two peas in a pod? Where does the dentist come into it? Are we meant to believe that the ginger student's glamorous mother would have a weird husband like that? I need answers.
  • Options
    angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chuffster wrote: »
    "Have you all got your suncream?"-as if kids take it to school with them!

Both mine take it with them....now whether they use it or not is another matter! They also both have sun hats.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lillith wrote: »
    For the last time. What does the BT ad mean? Who is the old guy with grey hair at the end? I don't mean the actor I mean the character. Why does the girlfriend say they are like two peas in a pod? Where does the dentist come into it? Are we meant to believe that the ginger student's glamorous mother would have a weird husband like that? I need answers.

OK, this what I think.

Student and his dad are discussing BT fibreoptic broadband. Dad continues discussion with taxi-driver, who continues discussion with his dentist, who continues discussion with his girlfriend, who continues discussion with Student's granddad, who is shown at the end, continuing discussion with Student. I think it's supposed to be showing that BT customers talk positively about their broadband. Or, that the Student lives in a small town where gossip spreads like wildfire!:D
  • Options
    angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    OK, this what I think.

Student and his dad are discussing BT fiberoptic broadband. Dad continues discussion with taxi-driver, who continues discussion with his dentist, who continues discussion with his girlfriend, who continues discussion with Student's granddad, who is shown at the end, continuing discussion with Student. I think it's supposed to be showing that BT customers talk positively about their broadband. Or, that the Student lives in a small town where gossip spreads like wildfire!:D

Thanks, because I can't figure it out either.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any product that requires me to say its name will never find its way into my home.

Really? I talk to Henry the hoover all the time. Come on Henry, lets clean the floors. Time to change your bag now, Henry. FOR **** SAKE Henry would you stop falling over. etc.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The TOWIE advert on ITV2
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lovehoney :D

Sextoys delivered to you discreetly ;-)

Commercial speaks to "customers" who use site - does anyone care what they do in their bedroom?? Can we call Channel 4 for more "dogging tales" or "sexbox" :o
  • Options
    james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the Royal Marines advert freaks me out
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carol Smillie doing the doorstep......"finish" challenge :o
  • Options
    middsmidds Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    WTF Djokovic ?
    I wouldn't drive a Peugeot if they gave it to me for free.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kezo wrote: »

She looks very old. Either that or the makeup has ruined her face,
  • Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    OK, this what I think.

Student and his dad are discussing BT fibreoptic broadband. Dad continues discussion with taxi-driver, who continues discussion with his dentist, who continues discussion with his girlfriend, who continues discussion with Student's granddad, who is shown at the end, continuing discussion with Student. I think it's supposed to be showing that BT customers talk positively about their broadband. Or, that the Student lives in a small town where gossip spreads like wildfire!:D

In the final scene with his Grandad, why is the student wearing the same shirt as the Dad had on in the first scene with him then??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the final scene with his Grandad, why is the student wearing the same shirt as the Dad had on in the first scene with him then??

No idea, but both dad and son are wearing check shirts in the first scene, and granddad is wearing one in the last scene, so I'd guess that it's some kind of joke (they all have the same taste in clothes).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She looks very old. Either that or the makeup has ruined her face,

The ad reminded me when she use to front The Postcode Lottery - so she has went from Lottery to Finish lol ... whats next??
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    China Girl wrote: »
    Yes, that ridiculous hairband, is it fashion for men now?

Flowers in their hair next.

I'm dreading the day when women swap their kitchen aprons for suits.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ad reminded me when she use to front The Postcode Lottery - so she has went from Lottery to Finish lol ... whats next??

nothing... she's already at the Finish
  • Options
    sheltsshelts Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RoseAnne wrote: »
    That ad is just SO annoying. Who thought it was a good idea? I've never heard that phrase before. Is it an Americsn thing?

Yes, it was used for JFK;s physical fitness programme in schools, so a US advert that just doesn't work in the UK, for obvious reasons.

In my school days you got Herb Alpert's Spanish flea in music and movement and The Liberty Bell March i.e Monty Python theme in typing - ever likely I never finished my typing exam
  • Options
    PedroPedro Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    midds wrote: »
    WTF Djokovic ?
    I wouldn't drive a Peugeot if they gave it to me for free.
    Do they still shrivel up like kitchen foil if you have the slightest "dink" in them?
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    It isn't the same shirt - they're just check/plaid and similar.
  • Options
    hobbleithobbleit Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That advert annoys me just for the use of "less harsh chemicals". It really grates on me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    The Barclays Ad where the annoying old bloke wearing a hat, can't use his computer, then eventually skypes someone. His voice is sooooooo annoying >:(>:(>:(>:(
This discussion has been closed.