RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    "Mentally ill, I'm afraid, sweetpea!"

Haha, yes, that's more like it Mike!
  • Options
    Mike RackabitMike Rackabit Posts: 4,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve Allen has cast aspersions over historic child sex abuse claims, wallowed in death, illness and animal cruelty as well as talking about Bros, David Beckham and mentioning his mother (as usual). He's also reading stories that are days old as well as the fact he still owns those embarrassing "sparkly jackets". He's really struggling and needs to seek professional help. How long can this shamefully amateur broadcasting continue?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Craig Ogden and friends. The perfect guitar album to accompany you to Dignitas.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Brian will mention his public school, monks, his laughably inept drug incident, UKIP and Farage, immigration and living in a painfully middle class white enclave again today? Brian has got to stop this nonsense.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iain Dale has been tremendous on the breakfast show this week. A brilliant broadcaster who is measured, informative and highly professional but with a sense of humour. An excellently paced show as well. Hope Mr Dale is receiving a substantial increment for his work, one of the best on the station.
  • Options
    radio4extracrapradio4extracrap Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iain Dale has been tremendous on the breakfast show this week. A brilliant broadcaster who is measured, informative and highly professional but with a sense of humour. An excellently paced show as well. Hope Mr Dale is receiving a substantial increment for his work, one of the best on the station.

Yes far superior to Ferrari; and the Ego and the Cough too. An informative, AND enjoyable 7am listen.
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if Brian will mention his public school, monks, his laughably inept drug incident, UKIP and Farage, immigration and living in a painfully middle class white enclave again today? Brian has got to stop this nonsense.

Well if he reads this forum, he will thanks to you .......... Mike ! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve Allen has cast aspersions over historic child sex abuse claims, wallowed in death, illness and animal cruelty as well as talking about Bros, David Beckham and mentioning his mother (as usual). He's also reading stories that are days old as well as the fact he still owns those embarrassing "sparkly jackets". He's really struggling and needs to seek professional help. How long can this shamefully amateur broadcasting continue?

ha ha .... did he mention Matt Goss' visit to reception?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Venetian wrote: »
    ha ha .... did he mention Matt Goss' visit to reception?

Has he done the giving instructions on how to give medicine to a cat lately?
  • Options
    TalmaTalma Posts: 10,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Agree he's probably the best on the station but Ferrari has that extra vivacity and 'snappiness' in the morning I prefer for the breakfast show.
  • Options
    HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member

If I was, as a form of punishment, told to listen to that album on a loop, or face oblivion then I know what I would choose. That album sounds dire to my sophisticated musically attuned ears.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes far superior to Ferrari; and the Ego and the Cough too. An informative, AND enjoyable 7am listen.

Ferrari's programme is Gaslight radio by comparison with the urbane intellect of Iain Dale. Who'd want to listen to the former on a regular basis, with his faux urgency about everything.
    Terrible radio ladies and gentleman, as are the two programmes that precede his.
  • Options
    Lone DrinkerLone Drinker Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BurlyBeaR wrote: »
    He's normally all over the place, ricocheting from one half-formed train of thought to another. I doubt he was intentionally connecting the two things but is too stupid to realise that's what it could sound like.

Have to agree with most of that. It's not a pre-scripted, rehearsed programme. Given that he must say 20,000 words plus per show, I'd guess most people with a vendetta would be able to link a few together and seek offence
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve's latest new affectation is shreiking "How cool is that?". At least he has stopped saying "I'm afraid" more than any other words on the show. I wonder how he managed to kick that habit and do you think him being mercilessly baited on Twitter about it caused this change?

I'm amazed that no-one has started a Brian parody account on Twitter. Would anyone be able to tell the difference?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HHGTTG wrote: »
    If I was, as a form of punishment, told to listen to that album on a loop, or face oblivion then I know what I would choose. That album sounds dire to my sophisticated musically attuned ears.

It does indeed, it sounds very much to me like Mr Ogden and his 'friends' had ingested a huge quantity of valium before the recording started and they are about to all nod off. Who are these 'friends', one wonders?
  • Options
    Forum Member

Hahaha, you're on top form today, Mike! Thanks for making me :D:D:D!
  • Options
    JT2060JT2060 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    How long before Ian stops the posh lady saying 'pissed'?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Has he done the giving instructions on how to give medicine to a cat lately?

......which is one of the unfunniest things I've ever heard - especially with Fanny giggling like a schoolgirl at it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hahaha, you're on top form today, Mike! Thanks for making me :D:D:D!

Morning RM! - Just so we are all fully aware I have included the track listing (and list of his so-called 'friends') for Mr Ogden's uninspiring and tedious borefest (below). Although anyone thinking of purchasing this dreary old droneathon will have to wait 11-13 days (if they can remain alive that long) as Amazon don't have any stock ready to post today. What an utter waste of time, ladies and gentlemen, i'm afraid. No suprise that Mr Ogden's sterile, pedestrian and nondescript offering is available on Classic FM.

1. Albéniz: Sevilla
    2. Einaudi: I Giorni feat. Ji Liu on piano
    3. Lennon/McCartney: Yesterday
    4. Piazzolla: Libertango feat. Milos Milivojevic on accordion
    5. Martin: Old Boston
    6. Lovelady: Incantation No.2
    7. Lennon/McCartney: Michelle
    8. Boulanger: Nocturne feat. Patricia Calnan on violin
    9. Warbeck: Pelagia's Song feat. Dave Bainbridge on mandolin
    10. Brunning: Concerto Magna Carta - Adagio
    11. Machado: Sambalanco feat. Simone Rebello on marimba
    12. Ravel: Pièce en forme de Habanera] feat. Natalie Clein on cello
    13. Harvey: Cantilena
    14. Jones: Notting Hill Sarabande
    15. Traditional: Londonderry Air
    16. York: Sunburst
    17. Bach: Badinerie feat. Gareth Davies on flute
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    Talma wrote: »
    Agree he's probably the best on the station but Ferrari has that extra vivacity and 'snappiness' in the morning I prefer for the breakfast show.

Here, Here! I'm liking him on the Morning slot. Miss him on the afternoon, when that Tired Tom Sawbrick comes on. Oh well, it's that time I turn the radio off before James has one of his rants.
  • Options
    Chuck WaoChuck Wao Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iso_Cross wrote: »
    Here, Here! I'm liking him on the Morning slot. Miss him on the afternoon, when that Tired Tom Sawbrick comes on. Oh well, it's that time I turn the radio off before James has one of his rants.

I find him good too - in fact better than in his 4pm Drive slot .

Just find Ferrari better
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning RM! - Just so we are all fully aware I have included the track listing (and list of his so-called 'friends') for Mr Ogden's uninspiring and tedious borefest (below). Although anyone thinking of purchasing this dreary old droneathon will have to wait 11-13 days (if they can remain alive that long) as Amazon don't have any stock ready to post today. What an utter waste of time, ladies and gentlemen, i'm afraid. No suprise that Mr Ogden's sterile, pedestrian and nondescript offering is available on Classic FM.

1. Albéniz: Sevilla
    2. Einaudi: I Giorni feat. Ji Liu on piano
    3. Lennon/McCartney: Yesterday
    4. Piazzolla: Libertango feat. Milos Milivojevic on accordion
    5. Martin: Old Boston
    6. Lovelady: Incantation No.2
    7. Lennon/McCartney: Michelle
    8. Boulanger: Nocturne feat. Patricia Calnan on violin
    9. Warbeck: Pelagia's Song feat. Dave Bainbridge on mandolin
    10. Brunning: Concerto Magna Carta - Adagio
    11. Machado: Sambalanco feat. Simone Rebello on marimba
    12. Ravel: Pièce en forme de Habanera] feat. Natalie Clein on cello
    13. Harvey: Cantilena
    14. Jones: Notting Hill Sarabande
    15. Traditional: Londonderry Air
    16. York: Sunburst
    17. Bach: Badinerie feat. Gareth Davies on flute

BiB. But that's exactly where you'd expect that type of music. Classic FM isn't all bad but playing popular and easy listening, excerpts from the popular repertoire and nauseam isn't my cup of tea. Mind you, R3 has, to some extent gone that route as well. Such a shame and an insult to one's intelligence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As we all know, Brian is a passionate defender of the striking tube workers. Does anyone know how he will travel from his leafy, middle class, white enclave tomorrow to LBC Towers in Leicester Square during the tube strike?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe Brian will cycle in to work tomorrow? Maybe Brian will travel by overground train....or....will Brian be picked up from his million pound house in Chiswick and chauffeur driven into his place of work?

Does anyone know his likely method of transport?
This discussion has been closed.