DS Forums

Doc Martin (Part 17 Spoilers)

Old Yesterday, 17:02
Ms_Sarah
Forum Member

Thanks, Zarwen...
As far as S6, they went deep and stirred the demons, I guess, and life beat them up a bit.
Look up - the skies are clear again!

Carol:
"...watching this video - with those images of their faces so close together from long ago and from 2 years ago - makes me think it adds existential poignancy to Doc Martin the show"

It does. The story and the characters richer, grounded...
I'll skip FB - thanks, Carol!
So, they'll take more punches at Louisa? As long as they aim/hit above the belt. No more stupid jabs.
Ms_Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old Yesterday, 23:56
Bloodphobia
Forum Member

Thanks for posting video link here Ms.Sarah. It was posted on the FB pages when it was made - so think about rejoining!

Very much on point - L is not ever smiling now. Hopefully whoever it was that took S6 into the dark places will now know they must bring them out into the light (and not make it all L's fault) to be able to continue a successful show. From the press pack info, I'm hopeful that they are taking it seriously.

I've often thought that the plot must advance in time significantly, given the visible change in their faces as the actors age, but watching this video - with those images of their faces so close together from long ago and from 2 years ago - makes me think it adds existential poignancy to Doc Martin the show. We all pass through time so quickly. I think it very interesting and a brave choice that they've kept them aging only 2,3 years in the plot, yet 13,14 yrs in real life (even if requiring suspension of belief but then - that's fiction for ya).
I think the timelines has been more than 2 to 3 years. When Martin see his mentor in London during Series 4, he mentions that Martin hasn't written anything in 5 years. I inferred that Martin left London 5 years from the time the met again. The baby was born at the end of series 5 and has his first birthday in series 7, so that might mean that Martin left London for Portwenn 6 years ago. Louisa has been able to maintain her appearance but Martin has definitely aged.
Bloodphobia is offline   Reply With Quote