✭✭✭
    Enough said it was alright 6/10
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    The Quiet Ones- utter bollocks.
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Expendables 3 - it was an OK film, some funny moments, loads of fight scenes, but need to watch with a bit of artistic license though. 6.5 out of 10.
  • JustonecornettoJustonecornetto Posts: 19,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lost Highway

What you'd expect from a David Lynch film, surreal, weird and full of oddball characters. This is the sort of film you need to watch a few times to try and understand what seems like a nightmare.
    Compelling and one of Lynch's best films.

8/10
  • abigail1234abigail1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Froggie72 wrote: »
    Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 8/10
    Loved it! Great sequel to "Rise"

I adored it and STILL haven't seen "Rise". I should really, shouldn't I?

Last 2 movies I saw were:

EARTH TO ECHO. Critics hate it, saying it's a derivation of ET. In fact it is more to do with the relationships between three kids who don't fit in, yet somehow have this great, nerdy friendship at school - and are being forced to leave because of the new freeway being built smack bang where they live. They decide to spend one last night together - where they discover an alien. As you do. And yes, Echo wants to find its way home, so they help but that's the only resemblance to ET. It's done via a hand-held camcorder which made one of my friends a bit sea-sick but worked well. 7/10.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY. Critics loved it and I have read so many four star reviews of it so I went in with high hopes: I like Marvel films. And found it heavy on CGI and fighting and a few witty lines, but found it disappointing. 3/10

Moral: don't be sucked in by the paid critics.
  • abigail1234abigail1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier 6/10

Better than the first one (didn't take much tbh), okay film, but way too long for what it was, could have cut it by half an hour and you wouldn't have missed anything important.

This has been praised to the hilt by several friends but I do hate it when a film goes on..and on..and on...So we shall see!
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jarhead. I remember when it was released thinking that I should go and watch it but I never did. I've now finally watched it and I thought it was great.
  • Tom_MullenTom_Mullen Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gravity - 9/10, great effects and a good performance from Sandra Bullock. Overall a really good film.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Lone Survivor - 7/10 (That's not a knife, it's a fu**ing duck)

Planet Terror - 9/10

Batshit crazy.
  • necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Zero Theorem - Terry Gilliam lite but still interesting nonetheless.

7/10
  • JackappleJackapple Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trance 2013 - Unbelievable convoluted nonsense, yet somehow stayed till the end.

6/10
  • Froggie72Froggie72 Posts: 5,733
    Forum Member
    I adored it and STILL haven't seen "Rise". I should really, shouldn't I?

Absolutely YES :)
  • JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Minnie And Moskowitz (1971) 8/10
    The Unfaithful Wife (La femme infidele) (1969) 7.5/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    21 Jump Street. Girlfriend wants to see the second one but hadn't seen the first one yet.
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Invention Of Lying - 7/10

I really liked the concept of a world in which everyone is brutally honest. However, the love plot between Gervais' character and the woman became boring and I felt that despite the happy ending, Gervais' character made the world a worse place.
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Expendables 3 - 7/10 it is what it is a dumb ass action movie and nothing more. If you want to be a snob about it or have high expectations then 1/10.
  • sinbad8982sinbad8982 Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Horseman - grimey, brutal aussie revenge flick, it works though 7/10.

Inbetweeners 2 - not much in the way of belly laughs apart from 'that bit' loved the series but sat stoney faced for most of this, just didn't have the same feel as the series for me. Jays quivering lip thing being a good example of the awkwardness of a lot of it. Generous 5/10
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Whistleblower [2010]. Director: Larysa Kondracki

7/10

"True story" about human trafficking in Bosnia and the UN turning a blind eye to the involvement of some of its staff and agencies.

Daylight [1996]. Director: Rob Cohen

5/10

Mix all the disaster movie clichés together with ILM effects and Sly Stallone. As the last survivors are fished out of the Hudson River the camera pans up to a shot of the Twin Towers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Insomnia..this must be one of the worst Robin Williams films ever lol
  • emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,166
    Forum Member
    Tangled (2010) - 8.5/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Jurrasic Park lll tonight
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 432
    Forum Member
    Violet & Daisy (2011)

Not great, was worth it for the "internal bleeding dance".
  • kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Currently watching "Ghost", one of my favourite films 😀
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Accused - 5/10

A worthy plot but not a new one to my eyes (I don't know if The Accused was considered groundbreaking upon its original release). You can probably see a similar quality film with a similar plot on the True Movies channels on Sky.
  • Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scott Pilgrim vs the World 7/10
This discussion has been closed.