✭✭
Headline on the daily mail

Booooo

Comments

• Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    all seems fairly amicable though - it reads as if he made them aware some time ago that he was considering it.

seems a bit daft that they're going to continue as a trio though. i can't imagine they need the money.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, it's not like he contributed that much anyway, apart from being the fit one, but it does seem like he just wants to move on with his life and there is no bad blood so good luck to him.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason always seemed to be mainly just for dancing anyway. I had doubts that they would remain together for years to come anyway. They probably just all rejoined because they were short of money. He must have made enough to be comfortable for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Indeed. And Jason never seemed the sort to live a massively extravagent life anyway. Good luck to the lad.

I suspect the other three keeping going is some kind of tax fiddle.....;)
  • Options
    LaurelandHardyLaurelandHardy Posts: 3,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason Orange quits Take That ... The equivalent of Andrew Ridgely quits Wham!
  • Options
    Leanne_Blake1Leanne_Blake1 Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sad times :'(
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does that mean Gary's tax bill will come down this year?
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are all a bit old for a boyband anyway.
  • Options
    1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I din't know Take That were still together.
  • Options
    Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From Popbitch:
    Loving Jason Orange
    Today's announcement that Jason Orange has followed Robbie Williams out of Take That means that just the core tax-dodgers are left. A few reports are skirting the issue, but here's the timeline most sources are leaving out.

2009 - Jason Orange, in Q Magazine, "I've made us bank with the Co-op because it's ethical. I worry. I want us to stand for good things as well as be a brilliant band."

2012 - Gary Barlow first linked with aggressive tax avoidance.

2014 - Barlow, Owen and Donald all linked with tax avoidance. Orange quits Take That. Take That issue a statement saying "We first became aware of Jason's reservations a couple of years ago." (i.e. 2012)
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From Popbitch:
    Loving Jason Orange
    Today's announcement that Jason Orange has followed Robbie Williams out of Take That means that just the core tax-dodgers are left. A few reports are skirting the issue, but here's the timeline most sources are leaving out.

2009 - Jason Orange, in Q Magazine, "I've made us bank with the Co-op because it's ethical. I worry. I want us to stand for good things as well as be a brilliant band."

2012 - Gary Barlow first linked with aggressive tax avoidance.

2014 - Barlow, Owen and Donald all linked with tax avoidance. Orange quits Take That. Take That issue a statement saying "We first became aware of Jason's reservations a couple of years ago." (i.e. 2012)

It was the first thing I thought, bet its to do with the other 3 tax dodging.
  • Options
    Anya DAnya D Posts: 14,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love him.
    Such a decent bloke and so, so, so good looking.
    I know we all have different tastes, but I could never understand how anyone could look twice at Robbie or Mark when Jason was around.

Always my favourite.
    Wish him all the best in whatever he does.
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why can't they all just disappear forever?
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anya D wrote: »
    I love him.
    Such a decent bloke and so, so, so good looking.
    I know we all have different tastes, but I could never understand how anyone could look twice at Robbie or Mark when Jason was around.

Always my favourite.
    Wish him all the best in whatever he does.

I could never understand how anyone could fancy Mark or Robbie full stop, even if they were standing between Frankensteins monster and the elephant man.
  • Options
    Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I could never understand how anyone could fancy Mark or Robbie full stop, even if they were standing between Frankensteins monster and the elephant man.

:D Blondie

I love them all -my favourite band so I'm quite upset Jason has left,his dancing live with Howard at their concerts was just fantastic to watch,I do hope the other 3 of them still tour :)
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think 'fat smug brown-nosing tax-dodging Tory boy' is a kinder way to describe Gary Bore-low.

:D
  • Options
    rjb101rjb101 Posts: 2,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    I think 'fat smug brown-nosing tax-dodging Tory boy' is a kinder way to describe Gary Bore-low.

:D

I believe that Gary Barlow is just a stage name. " fat smug brown-nosing tax-dodging Tory boy" is his given name. Though his mother probably affectionately calls him ****, after the Danish King of England Circa 1030 ad
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jason Orange quits Take That ... The equivalent of Andrew Ridgely quits Wham!

There's still one Andrew Ridgeley left in the group
  • Options
    CupidStunt2010CupidStunt2010 Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe keith lemon could replace him? :D
  • Options
    Anya DAnya D Posts: 14,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well, that's another way of putting it :D

Robbie used to be quite cute, looks wise, but too juvenile for me.

Jason's got it all, imo. Just gorgeous.
  • Options
    Ben_Fisher1Ben_Fisher1 Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not big news really. They aren't even in the charts much these days. They belong back in the 90s.

I always thought Jason was the best looking by far as a teenager. Chiseled chin sexy eyes HOT! this was 20 years ago of course, his looks have inevitably faded now. Of course back then all the girls fancied Mark??:( what the hell? women have strange taste in men:D
  • Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member

I always thought Jason was the best looking by far as a teenager. Chiseled chin sexy eyes HOT! this was 20 years ago of course, his looks have inevitably faded now. Of course back then all the girls fancied Mark??:( what the hell? women have strange taste in men:D

WHAT? I think he looks far better now! As for Mark - first time around he looked like some tiny little boy (and not a very attractive one at that) nowadays he looks more like someone's little old auntie! All he needs to do is borrow Edna's hat from Emmerdale to complete the look.

I always thought that Jason seemed to be a little spiritual and in some ways the moral compass of the group - and I was so happy that his name was not linked to the tax avoidance thingy!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WHAT? I think he looks far better now! As for Mark - first time around he looked like some tiny little boy (and not a very attractive one at that) nowadays he looks more like someone's little old auntie! All he needs to do is borrow Edna's hat from Emmerdale to complete the look.

I always thought that Jason seemed to be a little spiritual and in some ways the moral compass of the group - and I was so happy that his name was not linked to the tax avoidance thingy!

Haha yes he did look like a little boy:D maybe that was the point? Maybe young girls were drawn to him because they identified with him more. He looked sexless and non-threatening...or something? Anyway Jason was still my favorite to look at. remember when they did a nude shoot of them in black boots in Smash Hits, or one of the other music mags of the time. ahhhh:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rjb101 wrote: »
    I believe that Gary Barlow is just a stage name. " fat smug brown-nosing tax-dodging Tory boy" is his given name. Though his mother probably affectionately calls him ****, after the Danish King of England Circa 1030 ad

Omg that's funny. You mean King ****? hahaha:D
  • Options
    gv6lgv6l Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

BIB I agree with all of that.

and I never liked Marks reedy voice either.

But yes Jason has got loads better with age.