Police probe Katie Hopkins anti Glaswegian Ebola tweets

Will_BeeWill_Bee Posts: 1,567
Forum Member
✭✭✭
More disgraceful racist anti Glasgow bile from Hopkins.

Police are examining complaints about Ebola comments tweeted by controversial TV personality Katie Hopkins.

Following news that a Scots nurse was being treated for the virus, she wrote: "Sending us Ebola bombs in the form of sweaty Glaswegians just isn't cricket."

Another tweet said: "Glaswegian ebola patient moved to London's Royal Free Hospital. Not so independent when it matters most are we jocksville?"

Comments

• anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure there's plenty more where that shite came from to keep them busy.
  • ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be nice if they did some proper police work instead of wasting time and money on crap like this.
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have the police nothing better to do then investigate this bore form the apprentice .zzzzzzzz.;-)
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    Where's the racism? Are Glaswegians a race?
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is a detestable shit and her tweets were immensely stupid, but I fail to see where police investigation is merited.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    I guess Katie wasn't paying attention to the results of the recent referendum.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the police treat those complaints about her tweets with the contempt they deserve.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is a detestable shit and her tweets were immensely stupid, but I fail to see where police investigation is merited.

Sorry but I'm making a gloating exception here.

On the other hand it will give her more shite to write about.
    Forum Member
    Hang on, isn't the OP the person who declared he had reported somebody on here the other day for some comment perceived as an anti-Glaswegian slight?
  • Will_BeeWill_Bee Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    idlewilde wrote: »
    Its blatant racism, not for the first time from her, would it be OK if she was saying it about people from Tokyo or nairobi?
    Forum Member
    anne_666 wrote: »
    Sorry but I'm making a gloating exception here.

On what grounds should the police be getting involved in a couple of online tweets said about Glasgow then?
  • JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    totally ridiculous ..we need freedom of speech like the USA...or we are going to end up like russia or north korea
    Forum Member
    Will_Bee wrote: »
    Its blatant racism, not for the first time from her, would it be OK if she was saying it about people from Tokyo or nairobi?

Is it heck racism, don't be so silly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hang on, isn't the OP the person who declared he had reported somebody on here the other day for some comment perceived as an anti-Glaswegian slight?
    People think it OK to put the boot into poor run down cities as if they are nothing. Usually privelaged spoilt brats like her that do it.
    People like us who grew up in working class slums are not here to be sh@t on like this for no reason, we are not gonna take it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The replies to this tweet are about 50/50,
    50% happy that the Police are dedicating their time to monitoring @KTHopkins,
    50% saying it is a waste of Police time.

Police Scotland Verified account ‏@policescotland
    Please be aware that we will continue to monitor comments on social media & any offensive comments will be investigated. #

https://twitter.com/policescotland/status/549955567960465408
  • SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Police shouldn't be bothering with tripe like this. At best it's a waste of time, at worst it's really quite sinister.
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member

A "disg" race, according to Hopkins.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it heck racism, don't be so silly.
    "Sweaty Glaswegians", " Jocksville", its racist and it offends me and my people, I hope the police investigate it fully and maybe a police caution would be appropriate.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On what grounds should the police be getting involved in a couple of online tweets said about Glasgow then?

To allow me to gloat, which was exactly what I said.
  • tellywatcher73tellywatcher73 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have seen cases of Joe public being investigated for less and if it's reported, then it has to be looked at. It is offensive but no more than any of the other twaddle the attention seeking idiot puts out there. Just to be clear, I am a resident of "Jocksville".
  • SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 'Independence' comment doesn't even make sense. Scotland isn't independent, as per the recent referendum.
    Forum Member
    Will_Bee wrote: »
    People think it OK to put the boot into poor run down cities as if they are nothing. Usually privelaged spoilt brats like her that do it.
    People like us who grew up in working class slums are not here to be sh@t on like this for no reason, we are not gonna take it.

Then Glaswegians, being the robust folk that they are, ought to challenge those comments instead of crying to the police and appealing to all and any other form of authority to get rid of the people making them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    Can you explain what you mean by that comment ?
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lemoncurd wrote: »

Well Hopkins gets her work through "shock " factor talking and publicity if she was totally ignored instead of this then she would go away.

She thrives on publicity and what are the police and we doing..................... Yes correct giving her the oxygen of publicity.:(
  • geemonkeegeemonkee Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Little sweaty jocks"

Have heard similar comments relating to other nationalities before and they tend to be a big no-no.