Options

Merry Christmas all - the diet starts 3rd Jan LOL!!

RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just wanted to wish you all a very happy festive period - I wont be online after today, until the New Year.

I hope you all enjoy a wonderful Christmas dinner, plus lots of other scrummy nibbles.

The food forum is now 3 years old, and is by far my fave place on DS :p

So happy festivitites to you all and I look forward to swapping food stories with you all next year.

PS - the diet really will start from 3rd Jan - I swear :D

Comments

• Options
    parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    Well, RainbowGirl, I made the crazy decision to start losing my college weight at the end of November. I've already lost half a stone but had to think for a moment how to deal with Christams. If you're not overweight, indulging at Xmas is fine, and the few pounds gained won't matter but if you're overweight like me, it's a different matter. Plus, I over-indulged during the year ( :o ) so why do I deserve to at Xmas too?

But I love food, so I'm going for a "Maintain my Current Weight" type plan. Luckily I have a science head and have worked out how to do it well and still eat nice food. Of course, on Xmas day I'll eat whatever, it's just the 11 other or so days I'll tone it down a bit with the jaw-unlocking food gorge. :)

EDIT: Can't believe this forum has only been around for three years. I joined the site in 2007 and had no idea the forum was new at that time!
  • Options
    jojo01jojo01 Posts: 12,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happy Christmas to you too Rainbowgirl. :)

I'm still being good at the moment, but all that will go out of the window on Christmas Eve evening when I launch myself at the party food!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,442
    Forum Member
    Merry Christmas to you RainbowGirl and to Everyone else too.

I don't over-indulge at Christmas, so I think I will be OK. And I have never dieted not going to start now :)
  • Options
    PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Merry Christmas RainbowGirl, I shall be joining you on that 3rd of Jan diet. :)
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    parthy wrote: »

EDIT: Can't believe this forum has only been around for three years. I joined the site in 2007 and had no idea the forum was new at that time!

I remember when this forum opened.

There was a big hoo har about it not belonging on DS and that people posting on it wouldn't last and it would get deleted.

HA! Wrong ;)

Merry Christmas all, I enjoy this forum too, due to the lack of idiots and lack of arguing. Oh, and the nice people and good recipes of course. ;)

I say every year, the diet starts 3rd Jan, but I never stick to it. I need to though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas RG!

Eat, drink and be merry! :)
  • Options
    jojo01jojo01 Posts: 12,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »

Merry Christmas all, I enjoy this forum too, due to the lack of idiots and lack of arguing. Oh, and the nice people and good recipes of course. ;)

I wonder where Mantey went? :D

Ditto though, this is the most constructive and calm forum on DS.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas all. I have 3 more days of work unless we get more snow and then I'm going to struggle some more yeay joy
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mirabelle wrote: »
    Merry Christmas all. I have 3 more days of work unless we get more snow and then I'm going to struggle some more yeay joy

I did read about your woes - fingers crossed for no more snow!

Also - indian wells, read about your epic journey - hope you get home soon,

Everyone else - as always - you are fab - have an excellent time...
  • Options
    missloomissloo Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas All

I too will be starting to diet in the new year - i want to get down a dress size and i am running a relay in the Belfast Marathon in May so I need to get fit too!
  • Options
    AltheyaAltheya Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas to you RG and all the food forum posters. I hope everyone has the Christmas that they wish for, of course with plenty of yummy food :D

And yes, the diet should really have started some time ago but 3rd Jan seems like a good time to begin :)
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always eat, drink and by merry over Xmas and New year. But i really need to do something about my weight next year. Im not going to go on a diet, just try and cut out all nasties from the diet for a while.
  • Options
    McLovin85McLovin85 Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just started to open most of my nibbles and such :)

Has anyone had any problems opening a tin of Roses? It took me about 5 minutes trying to get that bit of tape off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    Merry Christmas to everyone, I shall eating lots during Christmas & New Year, :D I also will be dieting next year :)
  • Options
    indianwellsindianwells Posts: 12,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did read about your woes - fingers crossed for no more snow!

Also - indian wells, read about your epic journey - hope you get home soon,

Everyone else - as always - you are fab - have an excellent time...

Merry Christmas to RBG and everyone on the forum! Yes, it took me about 4 days to get home but i'm back in the snow now!

I too can't believe it's been going 3 years. I remember a few of us kept asking for a food & drink forum and the mods must have acted on it. Anyway i'm glad they did, it's the nicest forum on DS!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will be joining you all on 3rd Jan 2011 for the post Christmas diet.

Although I am hoping my pre-Christmas illness will limit the damage I am about to inflict xxxx

Have a lovely Christmas and New Year all
  • Options
    tvfannytvfanny Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Merry Christmas everybody peeps.
    No diet for me until after my birthday on the 9th Jan.
    I am away this Christmas so no leftovers to gorge on. Maybe someone will give me a big box of Thorntons Continentals. Mmm