Nadine Coyle's new look...

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    you know how i feel about that. girls aloud need each other! there are fresh rumours of cheryl recording again. which i`m not sure i know how i feel about.

i cant help but find that image of nadine funny. i know it is really cruel, but i cant seem to stop myself. however, i doubt she finds it as funny and she clearly does not deserve all the bad press.

he he - I'm pretty sure neither your reaction or the press's opinion was what she wanted - apparently, she even blocked tweets criticising her image or song, one posts was saying...As you said though earlier she certainly did ask for trouble with her new image...
    Yes it's become obvious to me now the girls together are a perfect fit - I really don't know if/how Cheryl's new recording is going fare but it doesn't surprise she keeps going as she's the most successful of the three. I'm just not convinced either by her success to be honest.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AlexMalgua wrote: »
    he he - I'm pretty sure neither your reaction or the press's opinion was what she wanted - apparently, she even blocked tweets criticising her image or song, one posts was saying...As you said though earlier she certainly did ask for trouble with her new image...
    Yes it's become obvious to me now the girls together are a perfect fit - I really don't know if/how Cheryl's new recording is going fare but it doesn't surprise she keeps going as she's the most successful of the three. I'm just not convinced either by her success to be honest.

yes, i heard about her filtering out of the negative posts on twitter. i dare say she wont read the negative press either. in a way i don't blame her. although, she obviously cant filter out the fact her solo music is not selling.

i hope cheryl`s new recordings don't hinder a proper girls aloud reunion including an album.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes, i heard about her filtering out of the negative posts on twitter. i dare say she wont read the negative press either. in a way i don't blame her. although, she obviously cant filter out the fact her solo music is not selling.

i hope cheryl`s new recordings don't hinder a proper girls aloud reunion including an album.

If it is really true, she doesn't make herself any favors then...Don't blame her for not reading the press, they seem to have decided to be off her for a stupid reason bu doing the same thing with her fans says a lot about her and not in a good way...I bet Cheryl's recordings will only hinder the reunion if they are as successful as her previous albums if it flops, the reunion will happens in no time...
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it is really true, she doesn't make herself any favors then...Don't blame her for not reading the press, they seem to have decided to be off her for a stupid reason bu doing the same thing with her fans says a lot about her and not in a good way...I bet Cheryl's recordings will only hinder the reunion if they are as successful as her previous albums if it flops, the reunion will happens in no time...

Well next year it seems that they are all up for reuniting for their anniversary, whether it is one show or a tour we dont know. But even if Cheryl's solo career was a success, they could still tour. As say Cheryl releases in the first half, and GA tour in the second half of the year.

However, I dont know what they would do about new material, if Cheryl continues to be a success. Would it work with what i said above about splitting it so half the year is solo stuff and the other GA? (They still have a 3 album contract)

Also it may not just be Cheryl to hold the reunion as Nicola's career could still take off, if she picks a better second single(Disco, Blisters and a Come Down). Also Nadine is trying again and Sarah has still to release her solo material.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    Well next year it seems that they are all up for reuniting for their anniversary, whether it is one show or a tour we dont know. But even if Cheryl's solo career was a success, they could still tour. As say Cheryl releases in the first half, and GA tour in the second half of the year.

However, I dont know what they would do about new material, if Cheryl continues to be a success. Would it work with what i said above about splitting it so half the year is solo stuff and the other GA? (They still have a 3 album contract)

Also it may not just be Cheryl to hold the reunion as Nicola's career could still take off, if she picks a better second single(Disco, Blisters and a Come Down). Also Nadine is trying again and Sarah has still to release her solo material.

Yes there were talks/rumors about a reunion being to celebrate their anniversary and Kimberley went as far as talking about a concert or something like that...
    I think it'd work actually spitting the year in 2 with cheryl releasing her new album in the first half. The way she releases/promotes her albums wouldn't hinder this kind of reunion.If this is another success I really can't see how they could reunite to release new albums like they did before though. although they still have their contract to honor and if DC did reunite despite Beyonce's career taking off, I guess GA can do it too...What's confusing me in the timing for the reunion is the fact Sarah has yet to release hers, Nicola will probably have a good shot at hers and Nadine is still wanting to break the US so not sure when/how a GA reunion will fit in?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes there were talks/rumors about a reunion being to celebrate their anniversary and Kimberley went as far as talking about a concert or something like that...
    I think it'd work actually spitting the year in 2 with cheryl releasing her new album in the first half. The way she releases/promotes her albums wouldn't hinder this kind of reunion.If this is another success I really can't see how they could reunite to release new albums like they did before though. although they still have their contract to honor and if DC did reunite despite Beyonce's career taking off, I guess GA can do it too...What's confusing me in the timing for the reunion is the fact Sarah has yet to release hers, Nicola will probably have a good shot at hers and Nadine is still wanting to break the US so not sure when/how a GA reunion will fit in?

it could work. however, that is a massive over exposure for cheryl. something she really needs to avoid.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it could work. however, that is a massive over exposure for cheryl. something she really needs to avoid.

Oh that is a very good point, I never thought about that. This will be tricky for them. Especially if some of their solo careers take off, and then they reunite to do new GA stuff. As would they be able to take say a year away from their solo careers and then be able to return to them? I am not sure.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

To make this reunion successful you mean?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh that is a very good point, I never thought about that. This will be tricky for them. Especially if some of their solo careers take off, and then they reunite to do new GA stuff. As would they be able to take say a year away from their solo careers and then be able to return to them? I am not sure.

Depending on the state of their solo careers, I think that could be really tricky. Also, I don't know who decided who was singing such and such part on each album before their break but with Cheryl's success, Nicola's experimenting with her own voice and Nadine's flopping when she was considered being the voice of the group, I'm curious to see how any new songs, if they got to that are going to be distributed...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah, sorry if i was previously unclear. say for instance cheryl spends the first half of the year promoting a successful solo album. then say for argument sake they released a greatest hits as a group. along with a reunion tour. that could be massive over exposure for cheryl.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Depending on the state of their solo careers, I think that could be really tricky. Also, I don't know who decided who was singing such and such part on each album before their break but with Cheryl's success, Nicola's experimenting with her own voice and Nadine's flopping when she was considered being the voice of the group, I'm curious to see how any new songs, if they got to that are going to be distributed...

Yeah I think the vocals will probably be shared a bit more, but this could work as they are most likely going to have a different sound, due to the fact the people responsible for their songs have split.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah, sorry if i was previously unclear. say for instance cheryl spends the first half of the year promoting a successful solo album. then say for argument sake they released a greatest hits as a group. along with a reunion tour. that could be massive over exposure for cheryl.

Got you now. perhaps then the best option for them if this happens is not to go for the GH+Reunion Tour route as it could be seen as the end of the GA chapter to cement cheryl's status as the solo star of the group, but to release a GA new album towards the end of the year or the following year that takes into account the evolution of the girls outside of the band in the songwriting and/or the vocal arrangement. Do think this could be a potential issue as well...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think personally and i know it wont be popular. that cheryl should take her break. they should regroup next year for an album and tour. that would bring all of them back to the forefront. i have heard the rumours of the writing team split, which i`m sad about if true. they were on to a winner with them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I think the vocals will probably be shared a bit more, but this could work as they are most likely going to have a different sound, due to the fact the people responsible for their songs have split.

And I see that as a potential issue as well if the vocals are shared a bit more for the popularity factor as opposed to the benefit of the song.
    the writing team has split but even if they hadn't, it''d be beneficial for them to go for a new sound no matter what otherwise as a band they'd have to go against comparisons with their solo sound...Also 3 years has passed now since Out Of Control and Xenomania's sound is not as current as it used to be...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think personally and i know it wont be popular. that cheryl should take her break. they should regroup next year for an album and tour. that would bring all of them back to the forefront. i have heard the rumours of the writing team split, which i`m sad about if true. they were on to a winner with them.

No, you certainly won't!:p - but I agree with you. Think as well that Cheryl should take a break. It'd benefit her solo career as well. Some see her as a 'money cashing cow' releasing albums after albums right on time for the X factor and this break could help building some credibility around her next album. And using the break for a proper reunion with the girls for a new album and a tour would be just ideal...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And I see that as a potential issue as well if the vocals are shared a bit more for the popularity factor as opposed to the benefit of the song.
    the writing team has split but even if they hadn't, it''d be beneficial for them to go for a new sound no matter what otherwise as a band they'd have to go against comparisons with their solo sound...Also 3 years has passed now since Out Of Control and Xenomania's sound is not as current as it used to be...

i thought that brian was the main song writer in that team? surely he is still writing music? also i don`t think song writers go out of fashion like artists.

look at cathy dennis. her solo career was over ages ago. however, her co written songs still top the charts,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, you certainly won't!:p - but I agree with you. Think as well that Cheryl should take a break. It'd benefit her solo career as well. Some see her as a 'money cashing cow' releasing albums after albums right on time for the X factor and this break could help building some credibility around her next album. And using the break for a proper reunion with the girls for a new album and a tour would be just ideal...

I find it quite strange that some people call her this, as all she was doing was X Factor, and releasing an album every year (same formula as GA). She isnt like many of the other popstars who have perfumes, clothing ranges etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it quite strange that some people call her this, as all she was doing was X Factor, and releasing an album every year (same formula as GA). She isnt like many of the other popstars who have perfumes, clothing ranges etc.

yes, however cheryl is higher profile than that. the hair commercials for instance, that ad is always on. it all adds to over exposure. i just want to point out i`m not agreeing with the negative things said. however, she does need to consider these things.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes - thought it was quite mean and a bit too easy. Rihanna, for instance, has been releasing albums after albums since she first started and to me it looks more like they're trying to cashing in with her albums than cheryl but nobody seems to see her that way. I actually like Rihanna but would like her to take more time between album. As for Cheryl, don't understand why people are making such a fuss about her using the x-factor to launch her albums!? GA did it to launch The promise and that wasn't such a big a deal, was it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes, however cheryl is higher profile than that. the hair commercials for instance, that ad is always on. it all adds to over exposure. i just want to point out i`m not agreeing with the negative things said. however, she does need to consider these things.

Oh yeah, I forgot all about that. Well i think this year with her not being on X Factor will definately help with her being over exposed, as i am sure the attention will turn to Tulisa and Kelly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes - thought it was quite mean and a bit too easy. Rihanna, for instance, has been releasing albums after albums since she first started and to me it looks more like they're trying to cashing in with her albums than cheryl but nobody seems to see her that way. I actually like Rihanna but would like her to take more time between album. As for Cheryl, don't understand why people are making such a fuss about her using the x-factor to launch her albums!? GA did it to launch The promise and that wasn't such a big a deal, was it?

I predict the same will happen with Tulisa and Nicole unfortunately. They will be loved for a while then people will turn on them and slate them as both will no doubt use X Factor for their solo careers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yeah, I forgot all about that. Well i think this year with her not being on X Factor will definately help with her being over exposed, as i am sure the attention will turn to Tulisa and Kelly.

she will still be cheryl cole! the beauty of all of the this is she does have a lot of options. she still is part of a successful girl band. she has also achieved solo success.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i thought that brian was the main song writer in that team? surely he is still writing music? also i don`t think song writers go out of fashion like artists.

look at cathy dennis. her solo career was over ages ago. however, her co written songs still top the charts,

Ah!? Always got the impression that Xenomania was doing both writing the lyric and music for the band? Never knew who was the brainchild of their songs within the team. I guess I was thinking about the sound, which could potentially go out of fashion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

True - I forgot about her hair commercials. It did add to the over exposure as well...perhaps, the X-factor this year could play to cheryl's favor if Tulisa and/or Kelly don't live up to expectations.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I predict the same will happen with Tulisa and Nicole unfortunately. They will be loved for a while then people will turn on them and slate them as both will no doubt use X Factor for their solo careers.

I actually think the same but perhaps it'd be even simpler than that. Don't want to sound negative, especially because I really like Kelly Rowland but have the feeling they're gonna get some backlash for not being as a good as Cheryl or Dannii