Options

Is your pet microchipped?

13»

Comments

• Options
    mackaramackara Posts: 4,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My dog is chipped and licenced as it legally must be but I would have him chipped even if I did not legally have to, my cats are all chipped as well.
  • Options
    JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mackara wrote: »
    My dog is chipped and licenced as it legally must be but I would have him chipped even if I did not legally have to, my cats are all chipped as well.
    You don't say what jurisdiction you are in. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JeffG1 wrote: »
    You don't say what jurisdiction you are in. :confused:

jurisdiction?
  • Options
    JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mackara wrote: »
    jurisdiction?
    You say it's a legal requirement for your dog to be chipped and licenced. That's not the law in England and Wales, so that's why I was wondering where the law says that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JeffG1 wrote: »
    You say it's a legal requirement for your dog to be chipped and licenced. That's not the law in England and Wales, so that's why I was wondering where the law says that.

Sorry, I am in N.I where it has been compulsory to have your dog chipped since April 2012, a dog licence has also been compulsory since the early 1980s costing 12.50 per dog, a colour coded and numbered dog tag is supplied which must be on the dogs collar at all times.
    http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/dog-licensing
    http://www.doglaw.co.uk/ireland.php
  • Options
    mackembloke72mackembloke72 Posts: 236
    Forum Member
    and if not, would you consider it in the future?

yes:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    I had my boy chipped when he had his second round of vacs, I never even considered not having him chipped to be honest. My boy doesn't wear a collar He walks on a harness so made perfect sense to have him chipped.
  • Options
    xdowxdow Posts: 2,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ you still need to have an ID tag on that harness according to the law (just no one seems to bother enforcing that particular law.)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes both my cats are microchipped. I don't like the idea of them having collars. They have often lost collars.Once my youngest came in with his collar half way down his body. Dunno how he managed that. So I've had them microchipped.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    My cat Diesel was microchipped, but unfortunately when he got run over no one bothered to scan him so that he could be returned to me :cry:

My new cat Toby has just been microchipped. I wasn't going to bother...he's an indoors cat and I doubt anyone would want to steal him if he ever escaped! I wouldn't forgive myself though if he did run off & I hadn't microchipped him.
  • Options
    Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had my two microchipped a while ago, mainly because we are moving home soon. It's not really a problem for the dog, she'd never go anywhere, but I can see it being a big adjustment for my cat Bella. I reckon it would be months rather than weeks before I could even think of letting her out.