Andrea: I'm going to say it

indenileindenile Posts: 589
Forum Member
✭✭
Yes he can definitely sing, and I love ballads but he doesn't do anything for me. Everyone seemed to think he was wonderful tonight but I didn't get it. :confused:

Comments

• ShAneOmaC2005ShAneOmaC2005 Posts: 941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    indenile wrote: »
    Yes he can definitely sing, and I love ballads but he doesn't do anything for me. Everyone seemed to think he was wonderful tonight but I didn't get it. :confused:
    No again not his best and just predictable and boring. He has bags of ability but is fast becoming a one trick pony. He really needs to mix it up next week. He is being given diva songs which are simply too big for a male voice to truly project the message.
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    Andreas, Paul and Stevi are the only ones who make me stop and listen.

The others are just along for the ride.
  • Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vocally, no one else can touch him this year(other than Paul IF he can find more than just impressive vocal chords to put into his performances). One of the best male vocalists on UK XF ever. Having said that, the Bey ballad didn't do much for me, either. It's not a difficult song for anyone with some range on them, and all the almost big voiced,almost great singers cover it, so it was a waste of his actually big,great voice, IMO.

Also,first obvious flat note I have heard from him, in the final verse.

Still my winner, but they need to let him do something more than sing the same tired ballads better than the others who bored us with them. We all love singing them, but it can be self indulgent to do so in public , and he has the pipes,soul,and musical instincts to do better than that.
  • floozie_21floozie_21 Posts: 3,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm afraid I'm getting bored of Andrea. At least with Paul we know he can do more than just ballads.
  • TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I feel the same. He's very forgettable to me. Plus, I think he's better at belting than singing melodically.
  • hendollhendoll Posts: 5,646
    Forum Member
    I don't get it either. He does absolutely nothing for me. Yes he's got a good voice but this show isn't just about that, is it? You've got to have...what is it now...oh yes, that 'x factor'. The whole cuddly Italian bear thing leaves me cold.
  • ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He can sing, but I do find him so overrated!

I can picture him doing a Christopher Maloney though, being the early favourite, but then people getting sick of the same performance week and after week.
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    If he can prove he can do an uptempo number, then his position as favourite probably won't be threatened anytime soon. But yeah, I'm beginning to tire a little of all the ballads.
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's getting to the stage now where you may as well just watch last week's performance, so samey are they. He also needs to learn that his voice is good enough to sing the notes as they are, and not warble and elongate every one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vocally, no one else can touch him this year(other than Paul IF he can find more than just impressive vocal chords to put into his performances). One of the best male vocalists on UK XF ever. Having said that, the Bey ballad didn't do much for me, either. It's not a difficult song for anyone with some range on them, and all the almost big voiced,almost great singers cover it, so it was a waste of his actually big,great voice, IMO.

Also,first obvious flat note I have heard from him, in the final verse.

Still my winner, but they need to let him do something more than sing the same tired ballads better than the others who bored us with them. We all love singing them, but it can be self indulgent to do so in public , and he has the pipes,soul,and musical instincts to do better than that.
    To sing it in the same key as Beyonce does, as a male vocalist is actually pretty tough. That is what he attempted to do. He simply does not have that range.
  • Donna65Donna65 Posts: 1,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG I love Andrea. Everything about him. I just don't get the negativity on this forum for him. He has the best voice by miles this series. Is it some people just don't like the kind of songs he's singing? No one could be doubting his talent surely?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Donna65 wrote: »
    OMG I love Andrea. Everything about him. I just don't get the negativity on this forum for him. He has the best voice by miles this series. Is it some people just don't like the kind of songs he's singing? No one could be doubting his talent surely?
    I don't doubt his talent at all but he is singing songs he really should not be singing. Last week he struggled and again this week, he could have done a lot better, just the last 2 song choices have been too tough for him.
  • KittygodfreeKittygodfree Posts: 2,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He oversang tonight and missed some top notes fed up of his diva ballads Paul was much better tonight than him
  • Donna65Donna65 Posts: 1,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How anyone can compare him in any way to Christopher Maloney is totally beyond me? When was he ever the early favourite either? I thought he was always the joke character.
  • JennylooJennyloo Posts: 14,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hendoll wrote: »
    I don't get it either. He does absolutely nothing for me. Yes he's got a good voice but this show isn't just about that, is it? You've got to have...what is it now...oh yes, that 'x factor'. The whole cuddly Italian bear thing leaves me cold.
    He made a far better job of Try a little tenderness in his audition than ever Paul did. He is being given the wrong songs. I prefered him in the early stages singing more rock songs.
  • indenileindenile Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andreas, Paul and Stevi are the only ones who make me stop and listen.

The others are just along for the ride.

I re-read your post and my record scratched when I saw...."Stevi"! :o lol
  • SugarNSpiceSugarNSpice Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is a very good singer but does nothing for me either. Although being one of the 2 best singers on the show (the other being Paul Akister), I don't think he is a star. If he wins, which he most probably will, he will quickly fade into obscurity and end up in the XF graveyard of most winners, imo .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    Jennyloo wrote: »
    He made a far better job of Try a little tenderness in his audition than ever Paul did. He is being given the wrong songs. I prefered him in the early stages singing more rock songs.

Agree with these, he's just been given the wrongs songs. He SURELY needs to get something upbeat soon...
  • BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    This is the first show I've watched and after hearing what people were saying about him, I was looking forward to hearing him. I thought he was rubbish. All that warbling shit annoys the hell out of me - another Joe McElderry.
  • CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's no doubt about it, the guy can sing. He just does absolutely nothing for me. Not my cup of tea, at all.
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    I re-read your post and my record scratched when I saw...."Stevi"! :o lol

Ha ha - yes because Stevi is just great to watch - I know he's a rubbish singer!
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He oversang tonight and missed some top notes fed up of his diva ballads Paul was much better tonight than him

I thought he oversang too. I think the problem was Simon last week saying he was boring so he just went overboard this week. Awful - a shouty shouty mess. He was better last week.
    I think Simon is trying to scupper him (like suggesting a piano last week)
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think it's possible to have all the talent in the world, and completely waste it because you are stuck in a predictable rut. That is what I think Andrea is doing.
  • AmicaAmica Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wrong song. The backing is too loud. And he doesn't seem to build anything. Needs stripping back imo. He is very talented.
  • indenileindenile Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sorry, I don't mean to be negative and I totally agree he is talented but I know I'll probably never buy a record of his. On the other hand Paul has a quality to his voice that I can't get enough of. I can't wait to buy his album to add to my personal collection.