Options

Rick Stein’s Taste of Shanghi BBC2 9PM

FortyTwo25FortyTwo25 Posts: 5,170
Forum Member
Highlights of Rick Stein’s Taste of Shangahi include a visit to the vibrant 24 hour Tong Chuan Lu Seafood Market, a trip to Jinshan, a fishing village in the South East suburbs and an adventure on Shounin Road with local writer Jamie Barys sample street food, including the much-loved hairy crab.

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    Should be good. I'm desperate to get to Asia
  • Options
    colly_tygcolly_tyg Posts: 1,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    interested to watch as I live there at the moment.
  • Options
    MR_PitkinMR_Pitkin Posts: 30,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe he just said "little nip" then 😲
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I do love 파전 yummy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh my I really like this man Stein is with
  • Options
    horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I need to stop laughing at "Hairy Crab" - such a juvenile
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always enjoy the Rick Stein series even if I don't share all his tastes in food - I'm not really one for sea food. And pig intestine noodles... err.... maybe not.
  • Options
    Sandgrounder1Sandgrounder1 Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hats off to Rick, he really is happy to try any food and must have a cast iron stomach. So much of the food in Shanghai looked delicious but I would have to draw the line at pig intestine noodles. And the yellow rice wine looked pretty fearsome too...
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    I always enjoy the Rick Stein series even if I don't share all his tastes in food - I'm not really one for sea food. And pig intestine noodles... err.... maybe not.

Me too. I like white fish but not much of a seafood fan yet still enjoy watching the repeats of his seafood series on Good Food.

Pig intestine noodles may be bad. Not sure if it matches Bourdain eating warthog anus!