Life is Strange

1235»

Comments

• deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    finkly wrote: »
    You just had to go to the room of whichever character you were at that moment, i.e Rachel (when you're wearing her clothes), Victoria and Max. There was a map at the side that showed which rooms were which.

...ahh right - cheers for that!!!!
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really liked episode 5. Not the best episode, but a better finale than most TV shows get!
    I sacrificed the town, because I'm an old romantic with an apocalypse obsession.
    Forum Member
    stoatie wrote: »
    I really liked episode 5. Not the best episode, but a better finale than most TV shows get!
    I sacrificed the town, because I'm an old romantic with an apocalypse obsession.

....I did the opposite of you.

To be honest, the "
    Chloe's Funeral
    " ending is much more satisfying when you choose to
    sacrifice
    her. The other ending just shows them
    driving off into the sunset
    and that is it?!?!
  • fluffedfluffed Posts: 1,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Limited edition retail box set in January. Shall buy it on PC (have on PS4) , for the extra stuff & to support Dontnod, for one of my fave games of the year.

https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_uk/games/pc/Life-Is-Strange-Limited-Edition.php
  • gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got this in the Steam sale

Episode 2
    Just saved Chloe from the train

something bugged me what would have happened if I let the alternative scenario play out, but I figured I had to let her dumbass live

Tried to follow Kate from Mr Jefferson, damn game wouldn't let me out though, got in front of her and she shrugged me off :(

Enjoying the story so far though
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gold2040 wrote: »
    Got this in the Steam sale

Episode 2
    Just saved Chloe from the train

something bugged me what would have happened if I let the alternative scenario play out, but I figured I had to let her dumbass live

Tried to follow Kate from Mr Jefferson, damn game wouldn't let me out though, got in front of her and she shrugged me off :(

Enjoying the story so far though

With regards to that particular scene;
    You should try using the axe on Chloe whilst she's trapped on the rail track. Max will say something along the lines of "No Max, this isn't a zombie apocalypse. Try to find a better solution."

Gave me a good laugh

Also a similar funny easter egg in Episode 5 (so don't read Gold2040!)
    When you're trapped in the nightmare and in the bathroom with the keypad, just punch any old number in repeatedly. Best to just go with 0000, as you can just keep hitting enter. It must take about 50 goes, but eventually Max will say "I'm gonna kill the developers over these constant keycode puzzles," and the door just unlocks itself!
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    when is the complete version out to buy?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AVAILABLE 22/01/2016

From link i posted just up there ^^^^
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helbore wrote: »
    With regards to that particular scene;
    You should try using the axe on Chloe whilst she's trapped on the rail track. Max will say something along the lines of "No Max, this isn't a zombie apocalypse. Try to find a better solution."

Gave me a good laugh
    :D:D
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woodbine wrote: »

Uh, doesn't sound like my cup of tea at all....not into gothic horror games:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    is this one of those games only famous thanks to pewdiepie?
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tayorous wrote: »
    A lot of well known youtubers played this game but I don't think that's the reason.

I don't even think this game is popular or even famous tbh, this was a silent hit of the year for me. Only reason I heard of it was because I was looking at the Xbox Store and played the demo and liked it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tayorous wrote: »
    I don't watch Pewd myself

I was just going through the Reddit GameDeals sub and someone suggested it
    Forum Member
    Woodbine wrote: »
    A lot of well known youtubers played this game but I don't think that's the reason.

I don't even think this game is popular or even famous tbh, this was a silent hit of the year for me. Only reason I heard of it was because I was looking at the Xbox Store and played the demo and liked it.

...I only knew about this game by stumbling onto this thread if I am completely honest!!

Its definitely been my game of 2015.
    ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It gained a lot of momentum all over the place, don't think any one stream or review did it. The first episode seemed a bit ropey a the time, as it only really started doing things outside of the Telltale tropes in episode 2+. Personally heard about it first on the Idle Thumbs podcast, well heard about it being any good anyway, there was a bunch of hype about before release.
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deans6571 wrote: »
    Its definitely been my game of 2015.
    ;-)

My game of the year, too. I came to care about these characters like they were real people and actually miss them now the game is over and I've had to leave them behind. There aren't many games that can make me feel like that.

I'm now playing Sims 4 and recreating all the characters in that! I've already done Max, Chloe, David and Joyce, along with Chloe's house (and myself, too, so I can actually hang out with these people!). Now they've released an addon that let's you make clubs, my next big aim is to make the Vortex club crowd. I just wish we could totally build our own town, so I could build Arcadia Bay!

Holding out hope they'll see sense and find a way for Max and Chloe to return for a Life is Strange 2. I think its doable.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finished this last night.

So very, very good. I prefer it to the Telltale games I've played - and not just because it doesn't use a bloody terrible engine that needs to die.

A bit patchy in places, and of course there's that early dialogue, but overall it's great :)

At the end, I chose:
    Sacrifice Chloe.

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one."

It was clear early on that it was her fate to die, so it wasn't really a surprise that it would be a choice between her or the entire town. Max and Chloe clearly loved each other more than anything, but Max had to think about *everyone*. She couldn't let her friends, Chloe's mum, and everyone else in the entire town die just to save Chloe. And Chloe - while not liking the idea, of course - did understand and accept it, as it was her idea in the first place, she knew that it had to happen, and she wouldn't have wanted her mum and everyone else to die.

Having read about the Sacrifice Arcadia Bay ending, I'm even more glad I went with my choice as that one just sounds stupid. Would Max and Chloe really happily drive off after sacrificing Chloe's mum, Max's friends and classmates, and the entire damn town?!

I wasn't keen on this in episode 5:
    The nightmare sequence. It seemed like filler to me. Some later parts were good for showing how Max felt, and seeing memories again, but the "avoid the torch wielder" bits were pointless.

Further thoughts:
    - Kate was at Chloe's funeral, so did she not try and kill herself, or did Max in the final timeline still have powers and still go through *some* of the same events (minus Chloe and the Rachel Amber investigation)?

- In the penultimate pre-choice timeline, how did David know about the Dark Room? It can't have been from Max's message, as *that* timeline clearly got wiped when Jefferson burned her journal after she tore up her contest photo, which caused Max to end up back in the Dark Room *because* Jefferson hadn't been caught by David and the cops thanks to Max's message as there was no message. Maybe he found it via his own investigation? Then why did he tell Max that he was there thanks to her and Chloe, and why say that her and Chloe had a more successful investigation than him?

- Actually, when was the journal burned? It doesn't make sense that Jefferson would have burned it on that last night, as the timeline with him capturing Max shouldn't have come back until after he burned the journal and destroyed the photo she used to return to the first day. So did he steal her journal back at the start, and burn it then?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whole reply in spoilers sorry :)
    Matt D wrote: »
    Sacrifice Chloe.

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one."

I thought of it as the Spock ending when playing it too :)
    Having read about the Sacrifice Arcadia Bay ending, I'm even more glad I went with my choice as that one just sounds stupid. Would Max and Chloe really happily drive off after sacrificing Chloe's mum, Max's friends and classmates, and the entire damn town?!

Save Chloe ending was a bit weak, it's a valid choice but was just wasn't fleshed out enough, town didn't look that destroyed, maybe check if people are alive or something? Or just drive off into sunset all smiles... er ok.
    I wasn't keen on this in episode 5:

The nightmare sequence. It seemed like filler to me. Some later parts were good for showing how Max felt, and seeing memories again, but the "avoid the torch wielder" bits were pointless

Ep 5 had a lot of asset re-use, they did unfortunately run out of time/money, which is a shame.
    Kate was at Chloe's funeral, so did she not try and kill herself, or did Max in the final timeline still have powers and still go through *some* of the same events (minus Chloe and the Rachel Amber investigation)?

Kate was alive because Nathan got caught with dead Chloe, spilled the beans of Jefferson and the dark room, and so Kate was known to be a victim rather than a drunken-tramp or whatever.

For the more complicated theories, worth looking at the reddit which has all kinds of things on. https://www.reddit.com/r/lifeisstrange/
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    What's the difference between the complete season (£9.49) and episode 1 season 1 season pass (£7.99) on the PS4 PSN store other than £1.50?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing, buy the cheaper one.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have just picked this up and I think I am gonna enjoy it, I just started Episode 2 it also reminds of Heavy Rain which I truly loved.

I wish there were more games like this at the level of them two.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Finished this this evening. Really enjoyed it except from the
    stealthsections in chapter 5

In the end, I chose to
    sacrifice Chloe. I never like her! I thought this whole ending worked really well & was better than many movies out there
  • rehmanmohamedrehmanmohamed Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    Finished this this evening. Really enjoyed it except from the
    stealthsections in chapter 5

In the end, I chose to
    sacrifice Chloe. I never like her! I thought this whole ending worked really well & was better than many movies out there

I thought episode 5 was the weakest of the bunch
This discussion has been closed.