Options

Talksport Chat (Part 12)

Comments

• Options
    Mark FMark F Posts: 54,036
    Forum Member
    Well they have reached a major European final so for once they is justified reason to make a fuss...
  • Options
    Billy244Billy244 Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Danny Kelly is presenting tonight's 7.00pm Jonny & Ash Gould show over on talkRADIO oh please god may this be just a one-off I couldn't stand it if people like Kelly, Brazil, Quinn and Forde etc were to start doing it regularly I thought I'd escaped their rubbish. :cry:
  • Options
    VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark F wrote: »
    Well they have reached a major European final so for once they is justified reason to make a fuss...

And that's what I thought, well said.
    Otherwise, Alan Brazil is seemingly in love with Jurgen Klopp, he's gonna have to fight me for him though as I am too .. :)
  • Options
    FrostyJimFrostyJim Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan just said, "Liverpool surely must be favourites now!" Based on what are they favourites against a side looking to win the tournament for the third season running?
  • Options
    The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Billy244 wrote: »
    Apparently Danny Kelly is presenting tonight's 7.00pm Jonny & Ash Gould show over on talkRADIO oh please god may this be just a one-off I couldn't stand it if people like Kelly, Brazil, Quinn and Forde etc were to start doing it regularly I thought I'd escaped their rubbish. :cry:

What's the problem with Danny Kelly? Personally I think he's one of the best presenters on talkSPORT, he can adapt to a wide variety of topics, seems to have a broad interest in a range of sport and as My Sporting Life demonstrates, he's well capable of fronting high quality formats. Him doing a non-sports show should be a good listen.

And yes, I imagine this will be a one-off for DK (at least for the time being). I guess he's seeing out the transitional period before George Galloway arrives in the Friday 7-10pm timeslot once the results of the London Mayoral election is well out of the way. Johnny and Ash were only ever covering the Friday night shift due to election rules preventing George being on-air. I think Danny would prove to be a decent substitute host on talkRADIO when others are away, given the paucity of opportunities he seems to receive on talkSPORT these days I wouldn't mind hearing him on talkRADIO drive in place of Sam Delaney.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's the problem with Danny Kelly? Personally I think he's one of the best presenters on talkSPORT, he can adapt to a wide variety of topics, seems to have a broad interest in a range of sport and as My Sporting Life demonstrates, he's well capable of fronting high quality formats. Him doing a non-sports show should be a good listen.

And yes, I imagine this will be a one-off for DK (at least for the time being). I guess he's seeing out the transitional period before George Galloway arrives in the Friday 7-10pm timeslot once the results of the London Mayoral election is well out of the way. Johnny and Ash were only ever covering the Friday night shift due to election rules preventing George being on-air. I think Danny would prove to be a decent substitute host on talkRADIO when others are away, given the paucity of opportunities he seems to receive on talkSPORT these days I wouldn't mind hearing him on talkRADIO drive in place of Sam Delaney.

It's just my opinion I don't rate him and that is that. I don't rate any talkSPORT presenter except Sandy Warr and the fact that they all work for talkSPORT says it all in my book, third rate presenters on a third rate station and I hope they keep them well away from talkRADIO in future as I finally have my station back after many years and don't need any of them infesting it.:p

What next? Brazil doing the Howard Hughes show?, Mick Quinn doing the Julia Hartley-Brewer slot? and late nights with the funny as mud Matt Forde?.

>> http://bit.ly/1ohFHhx <<
  • Options
    hiawathahiawatha Posts: 1,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's strange that the Europa League Cup is now a brilliant wonderful contest now that L'pool are in the final Originally , according to Durham, Colly, Brazil,
    Saggy, it was a worthless comp. Mick Quinn called it a Micky Mouse Cup.

I thought the Prem was the defining contest according to the TS pundos.
    Liverpool are down on 8th and its 25 yrs since they won it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well that is true - its a shame in a way Liverpool potentially winning win wouldn't knock 4th place out of the Champions league.

Now that would cause a stir!

Do they get straight into the Group stages...
  • Options
    atgatg Posts: 4,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hiawatha wrote: »
    It's strange that the Europa League Cup is now a brilliant wonderful contest now that L'pool are in the final Originally , according to Durham, Colly, Brazil,

I thought the Prem was the defining contest according to the TS pundos.
    Liverpool are down on 8th and its 25 yrs since they won it
    It's 26. Although technically they've never won the prem.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quinn can dish it but can't take it.
    A Spurs fan came on to give him some stick but Quin soon cut him off.

He conveniently omits any mention of Liverpool's poor season in the Prem ( approx 8th in table) and slags ManC and Arsenal for being 4th and 3rd respectively at the moment and never mentions that it's 26 yrs ( thankyou atg for correction) since L'pool have won the Top Division ( whether Prem or old 1st Div, thankyou again Sir)
  • Options
    Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    Quinn can dish it but can't take it.
    A Spurs fan came on to give him some stick but Quin soon cut him off.

He conveniently omits any mention of Liverpool's poor season in the Prem ( approx 8th in table) and slags ManC and Arsenal for being 4th and 3rd respectively at the moment and never mentions that it's 26 yrs ( thankyou atg for correction) since L'pool have won the Top Division ( whether Prem or old 1st Div, thankyou again Sir)

Thicky Chins was just his usual rude self this morning.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Port Vale 0 Walsall 5
    Doncaster 0 Burton 0
    Wigan 1 Barnsley 4

Well, you couldn't have done any more Diff, a great season but disappointment today I'm sure after that brilliant win at Port Vale. I definitely will be watching all the league 1 play-off games that's for sure along with the championship games of course.

It's Barnsley for you then first, be wary, be very wary.

Regarding the Owls definite outsiders out of the lot of them but I still have a good feeling.

Gonna be nerve wrangling Difference init.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thicky Chins was just his usual rude self this morning.

I wonder if he really knows to the degree he's disliked and hated by talkSPORT listeners?, if he does he probably gave up checking years back when it first became apparent to him.

If you could physically morph a human body as a material organism of Brazil, Cork, Goldstein and Forde all together as one incarnation it still wouldn't reach the low level he is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cundy is a disaster on the phone in. He keeps talking about a drunk Leicester, well I think he is drunk. He keeps getting teams wrong (he just said Leicester will be relegated with Norwich) and he's obviously more interested in watching the football on the TV.

Total unprofessional joke.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Billy244 wrote: »
    I wonder if he really knows to the degree he's disliked and hated by talkSPORT listeners?, if he does he probably gave up checking years back when it first became apparent to him.

If you could physically morph a human body as a material organism of Brazil, Cork, Goldstein and Forde all together as one incarnation it still wouldn't reach the low level he is.

It is the way he talks to Georgie that so annoys me, the "you're a woman what do you know about football"

This coming from a man who was still tipping Leicester to lose every match right up until last week.

He tips more rubbish than a fork truck.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spurs bottle it again!!!!!!
    Will the TSpundits give them stick????
    Not on your Nelly
    Spurs must not be criticised on TS because the big wigs are all Spurs fans.
    Draw at home to WBA after leading.
    Draw to Chelsea after leading 2_0
    Lose at home to Soton 1-2
    Last 3 games shocking but TS will gloss over it.
    But if it had been you know who.... Non stop battering
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Spurs bottle it again!!!!!!
    Will the TSpundits give them stick????
    Not on your Nelly
    Spurs must not be criticised on TS because the big wigs are all Spurs fans.
    Draw at home to WBA after leading.
    Draw to Chelsea after leading 2_0
    Lose at home to Soton 1-2
    Last 3 games shocking but TS will gloss over it.
    But if it had been you know who.... Non stop battering

Yes especially as they were predicting Leicester would blow it. I remember listening to Collyprat and Slaggers doing their 'predictions' a few weeks ago stating Spurs would do it.

Fact is Leicester City are 10 points ahead, hardly been mentioned by Talkcrap.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Would be so funny if Arsenal ended up second!
  • Options
    JayDee279JayDee279 Posts: 3,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would be so funny if Arsenal ended up second!

Yes, but they would be second to LEICESTER, and thus rubbish. Tottenham (or Harry Redknapp's Tottenham, as they would be renamed) finishing third, however, would be a magnificent achievement.
  • Options
    HANDJFANHANDJFAN Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ironically, for once he was right. It is a Mickey Mouse cup. If you're even in the Europa League in the first place then it represents failure. It would be a total disaster for any of the perennial CL knockout stage clubs to be forced to play in the Europa League. The only validity it has is that it now offers a CL place, but the fact that it's value is predicated on entry to another competition sums up how important it is! I mean, if Liverpool won it and you offered them the choice of defending their title or playing in the CL, which would they pick? The board would laugh in your face if you even asked them.

Look at who Liverpool have played in it this season - Sion, Rubin Kazan, Bordeaux, Augsburg, Villareal. They also beat Manchester United, who had failed by virtue of even being in the EL having been eliminated from a weak CL group, and Dortmund, who are only in the Europa League because Klopp had a disastrous season with them last year!

But...Klopp is a great manager and I've no doubt that Liverpool will be a force to be reckoned with under his stewardship.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JayDee279 wrote: »
    Yes, but they would be second to LEICESTER, and thus rubbish. Tottenham (or Harry Redknapp's Tottenham, as they would be renamed) finishing third, however, would be a magnificent achievement.

Leicester City.....are they all that.!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HANDJFAN wrote: »
    Ironically, for once he was right. It is a Mickey Mouse cup. If you're even in the Europa League in the first place then it represents failure. It would be a total disaster for any of the perennial CL knockout stage clubs to be forced to play in the Europa League. The only validity it has is that it now offers a CL place, but the fact that it's value is predicated on entry to another competition sums up how important it is! I mean, if Liverpool won it and you offered them the choice of defending their title or playing in the CL, which would they pick? The board would laugh in your face if you even asked them.

Look at who Liverpool have played in it this season - Sion, Rubin Kazan, Bordeaux, Augsburg, Villareal. They also beat Manchester United, who had failed by virtue of even being in the EL having been eliminated from a weak CL group, and Dortmund, who are only in the Europa League because Klopp had a disastrous season with them last year!

But...Klopp is a great manager and I've no doubt that Liverpool will be a force to be reckoned with under his stewardship.

Everyone knows it's the micky mouse cup, even the UEFA overlords have as good as admitted it by bringing in automatic champions league entry by winning the damn thing to try and make it more interesting I'd scrap it there's plenty of football left without it.

Just one more last thing on Leicester City, ... thank god for Leicester City. :):):):):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Presume the Press Pass don't see Derby or Sheffield United as bigger clubs than Burton as they wondered why Nigel Clough hadn't got a chance higher up!

Not sure is he good enough to manage in the Premier league..

As for Liverpool/Europa league - the test will be can they compete for top 4 in the league.

The pressure and expectation will be greater.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brazil went over the weekend's games but,as expected, little discussion of the Spurs semi-collapse over the last 3 games.Nor much praise for Southampton. Typical of the geezers that write BigAls scripts who cannot stand to mention when their hallowed team loses.Surely the universe's greatest radio sports station should have balance and discuss all relevant results without bias.
    BigAl later said his worst moment of the weekends games was when Arsenal equalised the first time up at ManC.
    Why does he hate them so much?? Was he banned from the freebie section at the Emirates?
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,590
    Forum Member
    John Terry a Celtic fan??? Just heard this little nugget of shame for all Celtic fans on Colin Murray. Bad enough having big Al but at least he played for the Celtic boys but Terry belongs with that new team from Govan.
This discussion has been closed.