Life is Strange

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Episode 3 was a revelation. Chapter 4 is going to be epic.
  • WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    Episode Four is releasing July 28 for all platforms!!

I can't wait :o
  • Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So excited for this!:D Resisting the urge to watch the trailer...don't want any hints or spoilers about what's going to happen!:o
  • deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    WoodsMonk wrote: »
    Episode Four is releasing July 28 for all platforms!!

I can't wait :o

...awesome!!!!

Can't wait....!!!
    Forum Member
    ...tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)
  • Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    Took the plunge a few days ago and have now played through the first three episodes. Great game but does anyone else find Chloe really annoying? I know she is meant to be blaming everyone else and that's potentially something you can fix, but it still grates.
    I wanted to leave her on the train track for being such an idiot and sitting there in the first place.

The item hunts are a a bit annoying too. Those are my only complaints.

Regarding the end of episode 3
    I was actually expecting her to be dead, so i wasn't that surprised to see her in the wheelchair. I imagine you will go back and undo your time change in the next episode because otherwise it will render many of the other decisions you have made, and character building we have seen, moot.
  • fluffedfluffed Posts: 1,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone seems to think Chloe is super amazing and brilliant, and she is a well drawn character but can be annoying as anything.
    Whinging about Max not fessing up to *her* weed in her room
    The tantrum near the end of ep3, not sure what Max did wrong.
    Generally, everything seems to be about her all the time.
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chloe is a good/interesting character. She's going through a rebellion phrase because of events in her life, losing her father, both of her best friends and a paranoid step dad at a young age, she hasn't had any proper guidance and got mixed up in the wrong crowd. While her behaviour can seem annoying to us, I can understand why she's like that and see signs of good in her.

Looking forward to the next episode tomorrow.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When is Max going to get it on with Warren? It's like so bizarro it hasn't happened yet!?
    Forum Member
    ...I wonder how long the final episode is actually gonna be?!

I can normally complete each episode in just 2-3 nights worth of gaming sessions, lasting just over an hour each!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG....I was a mess right through episode 4:cry:
    Even though she's ultra annoying, I couldn't "kill" Chloe so let her father die.
    I'm wondering if you did kill her off, does the game end right there and then as she plays such a pivotal role for the rest of the game :confused:

Also, loved the Kate scenes in the hospital after and I actually thought the episode would end with the discovery of Rachel's corpse. I had planned to stop playing for the night then but of course had to play on, with the vortex party being pretty cool but also thought it was a wasted opportunity for a big stunt to happen.

Overall, a really good emotional episode but I felt it could have been more suspenseful in places....like when you're searching Nathan's room or at the abandoned barn.
    Also don't really like the forced friendship between Max and Victoria. I thought she'd take a lot more convincing about Nathan, at least some actual evidence, but nope she trusts Max just because she refused to take a picture of her the time she was covered in paint:blush:
    Not a fan of Mr Jefferson being the "shock twist" villain either:(
    Forum Member
    ...I went to play Ep 4 last night - turned on my Xbox One, fired up the game, only to be met with "This game requires an update" (1000 something MBs) so had to sit and stare and the tv whilst the game "updated".

After the update, I thought, right - here we go, only to then be met with ".....Ep 4 needs to be installed" - a whopping 3.somethings GB!?!?!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :o:(:(

I guess thats the price I pay for not having my Xbox One set to 'Instant On'......!!!

Didn't finish installing until gone 11pm by which at that point, I was too knackered to play!!!

Oh, well - looks like its tonight then....!!!
    ^_^
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spoiler for first hour of episode 4
    ok that was so flipping depressing, knew the reset button was coming but sheesh, you end up feeling like throwing yourself under a bus or something
  • Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    Even though she's ultra annoying, I couldn't "kill" Chloe so let her father die.
    I'm wondering if you did kill her off, does the game end right there and then as she plays such a pivotal role for the rest of the game :confused:

Also, loved the Kate scenes in the hospital after and I actually thought the episode would end with the discovery of Rachel's corpse. I had planned to stop playing for the night then but of course had to play on, with the vortex party being pretty cool but also thought it was a wasted opportunity for a big stunt to happen.

Overall, a really good emotional episode but I felt it could have been more suspenseful in places....like when you're searching Nathan's room or at the abandoned barn.
    Also don't really like the forced friendship between Max and Victoria. I thought she'd take a lot more convincing about Nathan, at least some actual evidence, but nope she trusts Max just because she refused to take a picture of her the time she was covered in paint:blush:
    It's the same outcome whatever. Even if Chloe dies, Max will take the photo and change time back to how it was.

Regarding Victoria, I think that's a consequence of your actions. If you did take a photo and laugh, I don't think (though maybe somebody can correct me here) there's any way she'll believe you, so that action was coming back to bite you if you did! Luckily I didn't!:D

My thoughts on episode 4...
    Well that was an episode that didn't just hit me in the feels, it battered me in the feels.:cry: Even more than Warren battered Nathan!:D

That first hour with alt-Chloe was really emotional! Even though I knew it was going to end up going back to the original timeline, the decision to let Chloe die or not was tough. I chose to let her die in the end, it seemed the kindest action.

Given I chose to side with Chloe against David, seeing him pack up and leave, a broken man, finally made me realise that he wasn't the villain of the series. I actually felt sorry for him.:(

Warren defending Max against the gun toting Nathan and beating the shit out of him was a real YESSS moment, though when I chose to stay back and let Warren go apeshit (go apeshit...geddit?:blush: I've played this game too much.) on him, leaving Nathan to curl up scared...I felt sorry for him too.

When confronting Frank, Chloe initially killed both him and Pompidou after it all went wrong. A quick rewind or two and he ended up helping us without any drama. He seemed a broken man over Rachel and...yep, I felt sorry for him! It was definitely the episode where I worked out who the real villain was. There was only one person it could've been!

Discovering the Prescott barn and the Dark Room was creepy as hell. Seeing those photos of Rachel and Kate tied up and drugged up was horrific, plus the realisation that Rachel was actually dead was a real shock...I really thought she was a time traveller like Max, but lost in time. Huge credit to Ashly Burch aka Chloe...her performance during the Rachel death/body discovery was outstanding.

Given the signs were all pointing to Nathan being the big bad, it was obviously NOT him. Frank and David had shown their broken human side...so when it was finally revealed in the junkyard to be Jefferson, I wasn't hugely shocked but I still got a massive chill down my spine. I don't believe for a second that Chloe's murder is going to stand though, perhaps that photo with Warren is going to come into play. I can't wait to see how Max escapes Jefferson's clutches.

Wake me up when September ends so I can play the finale of this game! At the same time, I don't want it to end. I love these characters and this world...it's going to be an emotional goodbye to them.:(
  • muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makson wrote: »

I never got the Kate scene as shes dead in my game. I guess I'm going to have to replay after ep5.

I always thought Jefferson was going to be the real baddie in the game but Nathan was still an arse so deserved to be treated as the baddie :D

All in all a brilliant ep4. I really cant wait until Ep5
    Forum Member
    My thoughts on episode 4...
    Well that was an episode that didn't just hit me in the feels, it battered me in the feels.:cry: Even more than Warren battered Nathan!:D

That first hour with alt-Chloe was really emotional! Even though I knew it was going to end up going back to the original timeline, the decision to let Chloe die or not was tough. I chose to let her die in the end, it seemed the kindest action.

Given I chose to side with Chloe against David, seeing him pack up and leave, a broken man, finally made me realise that he wasn't the villain of the series. I actually felt sorry for him.:(

Warren defending Max against the gun toting Nathan and beating the shit out of him was a real YESSS moment, though when I chose to stay back and let Warren go apeshit (go apeshit...geddit?:blush: I've played this game too much.) on him, leaving Nathan to curl up scared...I felt sorry for him too.

When confronting Frank, Chloe initially killed both him and Pompidou after it all went wrong. A quick rewind or two and he ended up helping us without any drama. He seemed a broken man over Rachel and...yep, I felt sorry for him! It was definitely the episode where I worked out who the real villain was. There was only one person it could've been!

Discovering the Prescott barn and the Dark Room was creepy as hell. Seeing those photos of Rachel and Kate tied up and drugged up was horrific, plus the realisation that Rachel was actually dead was a real shock...I really thought she was a time traveller like Max, but lost in time. Huge credit to Ashly Burch aka Chloe...her performance during the Rachel death/body discovery was outstanding.

Given the signs were all pointing to Nathan being the big bad, it was obviously NOT him. Frank and David had shown their broken human side...so when it was finally revealed in the junkyard to be Jefferson, I wasn't hugely shocked but I still got a massive chill down my spine. I don't believe for a second that Chloe's murder is going to stand though, perhaps that photo with Warren is going to come into play. I can't wait to see how Max escapes Jefferson's clutches.

Wake me up when September ends so I can play the finale of this game! At the same time, I don't want it to end. I love these characters and this world...it's going to be an emotional goodbye to them.:(
    [/QUOTE]

...totally agree with everything said here^^^

Also found that some of the dialogue at the Vortex party was REALLY difficult to hear due to the background music blaring out the speakers!! Loved the music though.......!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spoilers for Ep 4, also buy this game if you haven't already, it's superb.
    Played it Thursday/Friday last week and have been thinking about it ever since. Probably the most I've been affected by a video game in that way.

The writing is top notch, they make you care about all the characters. And Chloe went from annoying brat to someone who seemed just.. real. Ashley Burch should win awards for her voice acting, and I totally didn't realise it was her even (I love her in Borderlands and on HAWP as well). It's gone from some teen-angst Telltale copycat to something much darker, and much better written than a Telltale game, and your choices do actually change things.

Although it is seriously bad for your health, I couldn't recommend it to someone suffering from depression or having just lost someone close.. it totally [flip]'s you up! The music is also great, even though I'm not really into the indie noodly stuff generally. Try listening to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXcOyYEldZY now without feeling something in your throat..

Anyway, this is my game of the year so far, almost dreading what episode 5 will bring.

I've not really got any theories just... stuff.

The spirit animal stuff, (Racheal - Doe, Chloe - Butterfly, Samuel - Squirrel, Mr J- Owl?) surely means something.
    The whole spiritual thing in general, with the Tobanga and Mrs Grant, not sure what it all means.
    The Chloe doomed to die thing: The 3 bullet necklace can't be coincindal (3rd time she's died from a bullet), the shirt with a skull on it and a plaster on the forehead. I hope she get's to live again from rewind, but I can see her having a proper death next episode even still.
    The selfie at the start of the game, I hope we don't go all Star Trek and the events are just an endless loop, but doesn't seem random that the first thing we do is take a picture.
    The end of the world, 2 universes overlapping, has Max broken something with her time travel? Events are set in 2013, so guessing the world doesn't actually end.
    The dream at the start, was that a dream or are the game's events some sort of flashback?
    The preview of ep5 sounds like Max is pleading while someone else is whimpering, probably Victoria?

Just as an aside, Gamespot reviewed it and gave it a 6, the lowest score for any ep yet. Seems wrong. There was less game and more puzzles that previous eps, but it was still great. And I enjoyed the Vortex club bit even though not much happened, apart from Max seemingly saying goodbye to everyone?
    Forum Member
    ...wonder if there will be a season 2 of this game? As much as I want to play the final episode sometime in September, I really don't want the series to end!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would have to be a new cast really and I'd support that.
    Preferably a story told from a popular jock's point of view this time who's struggling with his sexuality or something. It would be something quite fresh.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Played 1-4 this weekend. Loved it, now can't wait for 5. Unless they massively drop the ball at the end, this could be my game of the year. Love the Heathers/Donnie Darko/Twin Peaks vibe. Excellent stuff.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It really is a stunning game. Only flaw I found is that are mouths don't really move in time with the dialogue. It's a very emotional game. I was pretty much crying during episode 4. Max is one of the best gaming heroines I have ever had the pleasure of playing. She reminds me so much of myself when i was in my mid to late teens.

I would happily welcome a second season with a new cast and story.
  • Booty luvBooty luv Posts: 2,523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was late joining the the life is strange fandom but I'm fully enjoyed chapters one-four. The game is beautifully written and the characters are relatable. I just hope Chapter five is just as good and the creators add a twist to the ending and don't go for the obvious.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The lip sync is getting better. Compare ep 1 to 4 and it's loads better, but still kinda bad.

Dontnod have confirmed there will be multiple ending to ep 5. Going to need a few playthroughs to see them all I guess.
    Forum Member
    fluffed wrote: »
    The lip sync is getting better. Compare ep 1 to 4 and it's loads better, but still kinda bad.

Dontnod have confirmed there will be multiple ending to ep 5. Going to need a few playthroughs to see them all I guess.

...they also confirmed that Ep 5 won't end on cliffhanger and that all parts of the story will be wrapped up.

I'd also welcome a second season with new characters.
    :)
This discussion has been closed.