Call of Duty: Black Ops 3

Comments

• BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    The Drakon's the most powerful gun on the game. Huge stopping power and high spamability make it near-unstoppable. Don't even have to use it as a sniper rifle with the ELO attachment.

I used to love sniping on the older games but I can't really do it on the recent ones. Games are just far too frenetic unless you're QSing.
  • MsLurkerMsLurker Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is anyone having a problem where the game crashes after most matches on the XBox One?
    Forum Member
    MsLurker wrote: »
    Is anyone having a problem where the game crashes after most matches on the XBox One?

Mine keeps crashing on the loading screen when you first load the game up. Doesn't do it every time, but probably once in every four or five times of loading the game - always loads on the second try though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bester wrote: »
    Mine keeps crashing on the loading screen when you first load the game up. Doesn't do it every time, but probably once in every four or five times of loading the game - always loads on the second try though.

My games have been faulty since the last update. It's annoying when it's crashes when I'm in a lobby when I'm having good games.
  • heyrehairheyrehair Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know for most people that COD is about the Multi player experience, but I've just finished the campaign on this and even compared to previous black ops games this was pushing the boundaries of my patience.

Did the scriptwriters have a DNI meltdown half way through writing this? At points in the cut scenes it was like watching a pretentious arthouse film or bad sci fi.

Am I the only one who thought the final mission was a huge anti climax, both in terms of gameplay and the story arc?

Having now completed this and referring back to other posts on here, I think it's time to perhaps have a back to basics game next without the future nonsense and with a good conventional storyline.
  • the dourflathe dourfla Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they will as battlefield is going WW1 and there are a couple of other fps games coming that are more realistic. Activision wont want to be left out but it may be too late for Infinity Ward.
  • heyrehairheyrehair Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they will as battlefield is going WW1 and there are a couple of other fps games coming that are more realistic. Activision wont want to be left out but it may be too late for Infinity Ward.

Off topic in a COD thread, but Battlefield going WW1? Not heard this, has there been an announcement?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heyrehair wrote: »
    Off topic in a COD thread, but Battlefield going WW1? Not heard this, has there been an announcement?

Not officially but according to the leaks its a tactical WW1 shooter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's starting to get really annoying when teammates walk in front of me while I'm using the Sparrow. >:(
  • scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    Nuketown is now free to all black ops 3 players. You also get a free camo & calling card too :)
  • Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've killed this game with their RNG pay to win bullshit. I skipped the last 2 cod games, and just came back to the series for blops 3, but these shady business practices have really put me off.

Back to Battlefield I gooooo!
  • megatron_manmegatron_man Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to absolutely love Call of Duty and looked forward to playing online every night.

Now though, it is completely rubbish with all the futuristic crap and movements etc. Plus it is far too chaotic and simply too fast.

I would love a "back to basics" game similar to MW1 or WAW.

Anyone else feel sad at what COD has become?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The guy that leaked that BO3 would have wallrunning, cybernetics, and that another studio will make the ports has now leaked the next cod will be in the far future and have space battles, apparently making BO3 look old like the stone age. If this turns out to be true i can imagine at the reveal the guys on stage hypeing up the crowd only to be left in an uncomfortable silence.
  • mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've given up online but getting some good value from offline arena matches vs bots. They can do some stupid things but by and large it's quite playable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mojobrew wrote: »
    I've given up online but getting some good value from offline arena matches vs bots. They can do some stupid things but by and large it's quite playable.

I liked Ghosts for their Squads mode. It gave me some practice and also a little bit of xp. Shame there isn't something similar in Black Ops.
    Forum Member
    Next CoD set in space.

Next BF set in WWI.

Bye bye CoD.
  • B-29B-29 Posts: 2,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to absolutely love Call of Duty and looked forward to playing online every night.

Now though, it is completely rubbish with all the futuristic crap and movements etc. Plus it is far too chaotic and simply too fast.

I would love a "back to basics" game similar to MW1 or WAW.

Anyone else feel sad at what COD has become?

Absolutely agree, used to be a benchmark, now it has become a joke, did'nt even finish the single player game as it was so bad. As for multiplayer, worst experience online I have ever had!
  • NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    Managed to get a nuke last night :)

Enjoy! https://youtu.be/ShXRRjU3rEs
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Infinite Warfare is apparently the next cod
  • ShotDownInFlameShotDownInFlame Posts: 5,677
    Forum Member
    Infinite Warfare is apparently the next cod

Do have to wonder if that's going to end up being a "re - imagining" of Modern Warfare.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do have to wonder if that's going to end up being a "re - imagining" of Modern Warfare.

That wouldn't be a bad thing if done right. I was reading about the 30th anniversary of terrible Chernobyl disaster and thought back to that level. It was one of my favourite gaming moments. A very haunting level.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully whatever it is it still has the IW hit detection. Blops 3 is hitmarkers all day then you die instantly to what seems like 1 bullet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Modern Warfare remaster supposedly as a pre order bonus for the next cod, hopefully its not just the campaign.
  • NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    Looks as though it's going to be bundled in a 'Legacy Edition' costing £50+ rather than being a pre order bonus.

Why couldn't they just release it separately to the new COD? Typical Activision really.
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    I picked up blops 3 for 15 quid at the weekend. Coming from ghosts this game seems a lot laggier and I get so many hit markers.
    I want to get to level 55 for the achievment but it's going to be tough. Not a fan of the wall running and rocket packs. And nuketown is way too small with rocketpacks.