Options

DSFE 75: The Schaan-ger Games: Quarter Quell!

Comments

• Options
    ChickenFromKievChickenFromKiev Posts: 7,427
    Forum Member
    Aww, I wanted Kazakhstan again. :p

I was going to take Azerbaijan but I have better songs for worse countries on that list. :p
  • Options
    BethnalGreenBethnalGreen Posts: 12,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww, I wanted Kazakhstan again. :p

I was going to take Azerbaijan but I have better songs for worse countries on that list. :p

Bosnia? :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bosnia? :p

Perhaps it is, but perhaps it isn't :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps it is, but perhaps it isn't :p

Hmmm, I bet it is Bosnia :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hmmm, I bet it is Bosnia :p

We'll see :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We'll see :p

Of course! ;) ARe you going to do reviews of the last set of songs to be released?
  • Options
    AlexosAlexos Posts: 17,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    25. POLAND
    I Can Feel It - Hey Violet
    Don't be fooled by the happy-go-lucky demeanor displayed by this band; that silly string is in fact incredibly toxic, and check out the practice they're getting smashing those pinatas to death. Underestimate them at your peril.

26. LEBANON
    Popular Song - Mika ft. Ariana Grande
    A cautionary tale for those planning to take on this wicked duo. Ariana and Mika can indeed turn their enemies into stone and even each other. All grudges will be remembered...

27. KOSOVO
    Nuk te Fal - Shkurte Gashi
    Shkurte has no problem establishing her dominance from the get-go; just look at that throne in the SKY. The question is, is there a radiant dawn on the horizon, or is Kosovo's sun fated to set?

28. BELGIUM
    Fortune Cookie - Emma Bale ft. Milow
    This pair won't be bringing any explosions to the arena, instead relying on the simplicity of their music to stand out. What they lack in chorus lyrics they more than make up for in cultural appropriation.

29. ARMENIA
    Requiem - Lilit Hovhannisyan
    This is definitely in my top 93 songs about the Armenian genocide. How about you? The word 'genocide' apparently doesn't exist in the Capital's dictionary (nor Turkey's), but Lilit and her muscular male companion are happy to introduce it, on fire if necessary.

30. MOLDOVA
    Pretty Baby - Wonder City
    Wonder City have learned how to control zombies, as long as said mindless slaves are all female and wearing the same jeans. Other tributes are advised to learn how to play guitar, sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Of course! ;) ARe you going to do reviews of the last set of songs to be released?

I will do, probably sometime tomorrow evening since I'm currently busy doing other stuff. I don't want to give up on these sort of reviews like I do every edition. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will do, probably sometime tomorrow evening since I'm currently busy doing other stuff. I don't want to give up on these sort of reviews like I do every edition. :D

Fair enough, I haven't had time to do reviews the last few editions so I understand, but I look forward to others' reviews even if that doesn't match the actual results! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have had Hey Violet lined up for aa while for Poland :D It's always funny and interesting to see who has the same search skills and thinking as yourself! :D:p

Edit: I also thought about the Popular song when I had Lebanon and chose Mika - wasn't sure how it would go down I guess! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Fair enough, I haven't had time to do reviews the last few editions so I understand, but I look forward to others' reviews even if that doesn't match the actual results! :D

I always enjoy reading other people's reviews too, and that's why I write mine as well (as bizarre as my opinions are compared to other people :p). :)
    I have had Hey Violet lined up for aa while for Poland :D It's always funny and interesting to see who has the same search skills and thinking as yourself! :D:p

Edit: I also thought about the Popular song when I had Lebanon and chose Mika - wasn't sure how it would go down I guess! :)

Oh yeah, I like seeing how many people enter songs on my shortlist (to be fair I have around 500 songs on my shortlist so I'm not sure more songs exist... :p) but in a way I feel worried about sending a song that's been around for a couple of months because I feel like people skip over the songs I want to send and that makes me think the song won't do well. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always enjoy reading other people's reviews too, and that's why I write mine as well (as bizarre as my opinions are compared to other people :p). :)

Oh yeah, I like seeing how many people enter songs on my shortlist (to be fair I have around 500 songs on my shortlist so I'm not sure more songs exist... :p) but in a way I feel worried about sending a song that's been around for a couple of months because I feel like people skip over the songs I want to send and that makes me think the song won't do well. :p

I have had playlists for every country for a while, but I stopped playing for a while and when I came back I tried to update as much as I could. I've since sorted a few of them but haven't quite replaced everything so am a little short on songs at the moment! Except Bosnia of course :D
  • Options
    GreekFanGreekFan Posts: 6,203
    Forum Member
    I really like some of the songs that have been revealed, this is going to be a strong contest!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GreekFan wrote: »
    I really like some of the songs that have been revealed, this is going to be a strong contest!

So which bit are you doing on the co-hosting then GreekFan? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So which bit are you doing on the co-hosting then GreekFan? :)

Alex is your main host, as he is way more experienced than me and his creativity is beyond impressive ( also, he was the one who found the song which gave us the crown :D ). I am going to take some weight off his shoulders by hosting the half of the QFs and 1 Semi. We havent decided whos presenting the final yet!
  • Options
    Lurker62Lurker62 Posts: 3,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww, Fortune Cookie is snatched right away for Belgium. That would have been my first choice if this is a picks contest. I really like that song. :)

I actually found a catchy slutpop for Bosnia. But, I can't resist entering Free.mp3. I may or may not enter it in this contest or in the future though

Edit: is this Belgian video not working for everyone? http://youtu.be/6Z1yQ14CEHw
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GreekFan wrote: »
    Alex is your main host, as he is way more experienced than me and his creativity is beyond impressive ( also, he was the one who found the song which gave us the crown :D ). I am going to take some weight off his shoulders by hosting the half of the QFs and 1 Semi. We havent decided whos presenting the final yet!

Well, enjoy your first experience of hosting anyway! At least you get Alex to help you! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, enjoy your first experience of hosting anyway! At least you get Alex to help you! :)

Thanks, looking forward for your reviews!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lurker62 wrote: »
    Aww, Fortune Cookie is snatched right away for Belgium. That would have been my first choice if this is a picks contest. I really like that song. :)

I actually found a catchy slutpop for Bosnia. But, I can't resist entering Free.mp3. I may or may not enter it in this contest or in the future though

Edit: is this Belgian video not working for everyone? http://youtu.be/6Z1yQ14CEHw

It works for me! A stealth District 4 entry right there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any more reveals tonight Alex or are they gonna be tomorrow? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any more reveals tonight Alex or are they gonna be tomorrow? :)

I don't have enough right now so I'm hoping to get some more overnight so I can post another 6 tomorrow afternoon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alexos wrote: »
    I don't have enough right now so I'm hoping to get some more overnight so I can post another 6 tomorrow afternoon.

No worries! I think I will wait the to do some reviews until the quarter finals! Usually I have been busy doing recaps etc so don't get much time for reviews - now other people are doing them and I don't have to, I can do some reviews for a change! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have had playlists for every country for a while, but I stopped playing for a while and when I came back I tried to update as much as I could. I've since sorted a few of them but haven't quite replaced everything so am a little short on songs at the moment! Except Bosnia of course :D

Those 500 songs are all for Bosnia of course. :D

I'm doing a similar thing, I just note down whatever I find in the playlist, then when I get a country specifically in a contest, I'll look more. :p This is why I'm struggling with my good country because I have no idea what to send because I haven't properly looked and I don't know where to look. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am sorry to say if you didn't send in a song for Azerbaijan, you have now missed your chance as it's been taken!
    31. AZERBAIJAN
    The One - Eldar Gasimov
    Look at the pure energy erupting from the limbs of Eldar's backing dancers. That's going to be a powerful weapon by the time we reach the second chorus. What lengths will Azerbaijan go to ensure one of their creations is successful in the arena?

32. KAZAKHSTAN
    Aita Bersin - Zhanar Dugalova
    Zhanar left the rest of Kesh You behind. She doesn't need them anymore, and has borrowed some extras from The Matrix. The story behind this video is that you should be accepted for who you are, as long as your dance routines are perfectly synchronised.

33. NEW ZEALAND
    Paint Me Black - Ben Hazlewood ft. Mali Koa Hood
    The defending champions are training in some poisonous mist and mud while staring into a mirror to face their biggest enemy: THEMSELVES. Overcoming these physical and mental barriers may proove even more difficult than sorting out Mali's roots.

34. UKRAINE
    Look - Onuka
    Everything's gone a bit District 12 with these outfits. Katniss is probably not going to be pleased. I'm not sure what Onuka's super powers are exactly, but growing to eight feet tall and transforming their heads into thunderclouds are part of their arsenal.

35. PORTUGAL
    Shatter'd - Tynisha Keli
    Someone else with lethal-looking earrings. Tynisha's dress isn't the most maneuverable, but she also has a jacket ensemble for when things get tough. The microphone doubles up as a light saber, apparently.

36. KALININGRAD
    Chameleon - Sasha Holiday
    Meet Sasha, the arena's resident changeling. She's obviously undergoing some pretty intense training throughout this video, whether it be a cross country stroll or being trapped in a light tube cage. Watch out, as she could be anywhere!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to be out at 7pm, so I'm announcing the next 2 extra countries now. However, please do not send any songs for these two before 7pm. Anything sent before 7pm will be disqualified and turned into a muttation.

Bosnia Herzegovina
    Belarus

The last two countries will be released tomorrow at 7pm.