• Options
    Nigel_BourneNigel_Bourne Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    Unadulterated, plagiarist kak.
  • Options
    Nigel_BourneNigel_Bourne Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    DVDfever wrote: »
    Thanks. I enjoyed writing that review more than I did watching the programme :D

I enjoyed Dysentery more than I "enjoyed" watching the programme.
  • Options
    Trappedin80'sTrappedin80's Posts: 6,270
    Forum Member
    I don't mean this with any disrespect but what is it you like about it? Genuinely intrigued. I just saw:

lots of people falling, essentially the same clip with different people.
    no atmosphere ... whatsoever.
    presenters and voice-over even sounded bored in places.

More suited to CBBC!

I was expecting something like Ninja Warrior UK, which I hate as it's so much worse than the Japanese version, and I found that it was more akin to Total Wipeout but not quite as good.
  • Options
    iamianiamian Posts: 1,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why not have an hour's interlude, early evening Saturday ? It would be cheaper and more enjoyable.
  • Options
    soapnutsoapnut Posts: 6,905
    Forum Member
    Christmas came early, yet another turkey.

Hopefully, the Getaway Car has cut loose on a full tank without sat nav.
  • Options
    snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Prized Apart, The Getaway and now this. Who's coming up with with this tedious, derivative drivel, and why do the BBC keep commissioning these shows? It looks like it is filmed in some cavernous, deserted warehouse somewhere. Not even an audience, or even a few family members and friends, to create a bit of atmosphere. There's another 9 weeks of it too!

Destined to become known as Can't Watch This.
  • Options
    mark_beachmark_beach Posts: 818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iamian wrote: »
    Why not have an hour's interlude, early evening Saturday ? It would be cheaper and more enjoyable.
    Great idea & they already have the footage, an hour of this please instead of that drivel. :p > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUzGF401vLc
  • Options
    Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This looks like one of those times when someone or some brainstorming session came up with a BRILLIANT name for a game show. And then actually got into real trouble cos they had to come up with a format.
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does the BBC believe we want patronising game shows on a Saturday night? Why not make something like a DIY SOS challenge where volunteers are encouraged to build a house for refugees? They could do this over 6 weeks. Why does it always have to be idiocy? When 6 million tune into Last Night of the Proms, it suggests there are audiences who would appreciate intelligent entertainment on Saturdays. Perhaps they could even have a Help for Heroes series where members of the armed forces take part in challenges like singing, or dancing or even something complicated like making a soufflé!
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    Why does the BBC believe we want patronising game shows on a Saturday night? Why not make something like a DIY SOS challenge where volunteers are encouraged to build a house for refugees? They could do this over 6 weeks.

Because that's the kind of shite they can fill a 9pm slot with, and it full of sob stories.
  • Options
    Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    Why does the BBC believe we want patronising game shows on a Saturday night? Why not make something like a DIY SOS challenge where volunteers are encouraged to build a house for refugees? They could do this over 6 weeks. Why does it always have to be idiocy? When 6 million tune into Last Night of the Proms, it suggests there are audiences who would appreciate intelligent entertainment on Saturdays. Perhaps they could even have a Help for Heroes series where members of the armed forces take part in challenges like singing, or dancing or even something complicated like making a soufflé!

That's tradition though, and a good old sing song to Rule Britannia and Land of Hope-the audience for the rest of the prom series is much nearer 6 than 6 million.

I do agree about Cant Touch This and similar stuff. Total Wipeout a few years back was something of a hit, and I get the impression the BBC are trying to pinch that kind format without having to shell out for the specific rights again. Cant Touch This, Getaway Car, Don't Scare the Hare-going back to soundalike/lookalike formats, Millionaire Manor(the worst Lottery format ever), all that stuff and more over the last ten years or so has been thrown together largely underfunded banal filler. There has been some terrible short lived rubbish on Saturday-the trouble is the BBC have too often aimed at average and missed low. Their whole entertainment philosophy , Strictly aside, needs a rethink.
  • Options
    soapnutsoapnut Posts: 6,905
    Forum Member
    I think it's time the BBC admitted defeat with these 'new' formats and went back to the drawing board. Every single idea has been a resounding flop, including the tedious lottery quizzes with all their annoying hosts. I've noticed that nobody has mentioned that dreadful attempt at the muppets (was it a quiz?) which they were certain would be a huge hit, I can't recall the show title - another epic failure. Exactly how many duff shows does there have to be until they stop churning out this mindless rubbish?

Two original gameshow formats I would welcome the return of are The Generation Game (minus Jim Davidson) and Friends Like These (minus Ant & Dec) - Either Dick & Dom or Sam & Mark would fill their shoes perfectly. Both popular, highly successful shows in the past which provided the perfect mix of good, clean all-round family entertainment. Strictly is a Saturday evening relic now and I'm not referring to Brucie either. The format is stale and mind-numbingly boring. I'm not a fan of The Voice either, so let itv shoulder the burden and let it die in pain with the exisiting karaoke competition. Finally, Casualty is nothing more than a soap these days, and if the likes of Brenda Fricker and Co don't feature then it's not even worth watching anymore, I gave up years ago. Unfortunately, it seems the Beeb threw in the towel with the schedule altogether around the same time. I doubt they are ever going to get it right and will continue to churn out cheap and nasty television just to please the masses and satisfy current generation trends.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched a bit of the first episode and liked it, probably because it is the closest to Total Wipeout of the efforts they have made since it ended.

I'm not going to criticise the BBC for their poor track record in finding a new Saturday night hit, as I'd struggle to think of ideas too. I wouldn't want something like Saturday Night Takeaway, nor would I want something more worthy and typically BBC such as the Help for Heroes idea mentioned above. A truly innovative quiz show would be nice. Something that can grip the nation like Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Did.
  • Options
    tgabbertgabber Posts: 2,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the Getaway Car had some potential, just needed a bit of tweaking, but this, this is just beyond bad. Total Wipeout but without any of the elements that made that show passable.
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    tgabber wrote: »
    I think the Getaway Car had some potential, just needed a bit of tweaking, but this, this is just beyond bad. Total Wipeout but without any of the elements that made that show passable.

Considering there are still another 7 or 8 episodes of The Getaway Car in the cupboard, they should put it back on and bin this awful series :o
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got bored half way through.
    Ms Ball, just stop gurning.
  • Options
    Mr StokesMr Stokes Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    Absolutely dead as a doornail. I'm sure Zoe ball was exhausted after having to fill so much dead air with gurning expressions and false looks of astonishment. Well done beeb, yet another monumental stinker.
  • Options
    james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Stokes wrote: »
    Absolutely dead as a doornail. I'm sure Zoe ball was exhausted after having to fill so much dead air with gurning expressions and false looks of astonishment. Well done beeb, yet another monumental stinker.

How can the same company that gives us brilliant dramas like line of duty and the night manager be responsible for this drivel.
  • Options
    Bonnie ScotlandBonnie Scotland Posts: 2,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is anyone on here still watching this sh1te? I've just witnessed the first few mins of tonight's show due to completing the last few mins on my exercise bike and I can't believe this hasn't been pulled! Is it still getting 1/2 decent viewing figures?

I'm not sure what the filming dates are for this, but if the recent ones have been filmed after the first ones were broadcast then I'm not surprised Zoe and Sue sound even less enthusiastic than they did when this series started.

And what's the point of obstacles like the 'pole vault' thing where you just know the contestant is going for a dip?!? And yep, still even more lifeless with no audience in the echo-y hanger!
  • Options
    SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't watch much telly these days, but missus left it on... what a pile of absolute and utter drivel. Oh god, now that's an insult... the Bullseye theme's playing... they should take note... proper show.
  • Options
    All Of MeAll Of Me Posts: 2,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More like Can't Watch This.
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure what the filming dates are for this, but if the recent ones have been filmed after the first ones were broadcast then I'm not surprised Zoe and Sue sound even less enthusiastic than they did when this series started.

Weren't they all filmed on the same wet Thursday afternoon?
  • Options
    GoddardCartoonsGoddardCartoons Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I've enjoyed reading all the above comments far more than I enjoyed enduring any of this awful show. Does anyone know who the original concept was bought in from?
  • Options
    mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This show really sucks arse
  • Options
    snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this show still going? I thought they'd have canned it after a couple of episodes, I mean is anybody still watching it?