Peters response to Katie not filming/photographing kids

Comments

• ValderyValdery Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    darling wrote: »
    Absolutely spot on, imo. Cuts through the opinion constantly stated as indisputable fact very well. :)

Thank you, I thought so too, it seems to be taken for granted that it is definitely detrimental to the children (mostly by PA detractors IMO). ;):D
  • darlingdarling Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Valdery wrote: »
    Thank you, I thought so too, it seems to be taken for granted that it is definitely detrimental to the children (mostly by PA detractors IMO). ;):D

Absolutely. Oddly, they never seem to have such concerns about other children in reality TV. It's strange. ;):rolleyes::D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,933
    Forum Member
    I think that is his own ID "Team Andre", eg, stage hands, dancers, production company, etc.

Just a reminder though, if I remember rightly didn't KP have a Tshirt pictured in most of the papers emblazoned with "Team Price" across her very ample buzzoms??? ;):D:p

I believe the tour merchandise also uses it - anyway, why is it assumed by some that it is a dig at Katie, it has nothing to do with her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,933
    Forum Member
    slsls wrote: »
    Yes, thank you for explaining that the Daily Mail report on PA and KP, unless you had told me that I wouldn't have known.

It's not a review of his concert in any shape or form. It's some pictures that have gone out on the wires along with some puff from CAN about the kidney stone business. I doubt without that he would even have got a mention in a national.

Plus the comments are definitely slanted to anti-andre rather than pro in volume.

Yes he has superfans who will write nice comments and buy his singles but he doesn't have crossover mainstream appeal to the public in general. That's why his album flopped.

You gave the impression that when Pete is in the Daily Mail it is only self-promotion and the work of CAN. I just pointed out that the paper is very interested in the antics of Pete and Katie and it would be very surprising had they not reported on it - as have other newspapers.
    I think the influence of CAN is vastly over-estimated on this forum. They are a minor agency, not Max Clifford, who can control the press
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liz G-S wrote: »
    I believe the tour merchandise also uses it - anyway, why is it assumed by some that it is a dig at Katie, it has nothing to do with her.

Um, because it is. Because Team Andre, Team Price and Team Children (which was the team he was supposed to be more interested in) have been touted since the day he left that family.
  • darlingdarling Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Liz G-S wrote: »

Absolutely nothing to do with her. But I don't expect she'll think that for one minute! She'll think it's wholly about her - as is everything. :rolleyes: :D
  • ValderyValdery Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely nothing to do with her. But I don't expect she'll think that for one minute! She'll think it's wholly about her - as is everything. :rolleyes: :D

And of course PA detractors will solidly in all solidarity be stoicly behind her (best behind than in front I suppose). ;):D
  • MuttsnuttsMuttsnutts Posts: 3,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this is the crux of it, really.

Turns out Pete isn't putting Junior on stage in person at all. He's on a screen, all pre-recorded, so don't worry yourselves anymore about Junior missing school or being overworked and underpaid. You can all relax.:)
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muttsnutts wrote: »
    Turns out Pete isn't putting Junior on stage in person at all. He's on a screen, all pre-recorded, so don't worry yourselves anymore about Junior missing school or being overworked and underpaid. You can all relax.:)

I suggested this was probably the case 5 days ago on the PA to put Junior on Stage on his Tour thread. Seemed a far more likely scenario.

Still pretty pathetic that he needs to include footage of his 5yr old 'doing what daddy does'... when what daddy does is so cheesy and embarrassing.

But again, needs must I guess...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I can't speak for everyone but as always my problem with the huge amount of exposure these children get is about their lack of privacy, their lack of choice and the fact that they are not covered by the same rights as performers.

I feel the same about any over exposed children, and have said so. Although when Jade knew she was terminal I could understand her need to create a nest egg for the children.

Not sure why you quoted my post. I still don't understand why Pa thinks not using your kids is strange.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It didn't flop. It reached No. 10 in the album charts and has been certified Silver sales. I understand that it has since sold Gold.

For a couple of days, and then fell straight out of the charts.

Imagine if he hadn't kissed all those housewives in Asda.:eek:
  • BReal2BReal2 Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course it's what Junior wants, and I'm absolutely sure that if Junior ever gives the slightest indication that he doesn't want to do anything, that will be the end of it as far as his father is concerned.

If anyone honestly thinks Junior doesn't want to go on stage with his Dad during his tour - well, they're simply wrong and know nothing whatsoever about the child imo!

That's all you're personal opinion,not fact. We have no idea what Junior's life is like away from camera's and since when does a small child get to make the decisions? I don't know why Pete and his fans are so adamant that the kids must be on the show,I think it's because Katie doesn't want them on. If Peter wanted to stop filming them and she wanted to continue his fans would be all over her. He might as well take the kids off his show and just have it focus on his career.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And of course PA detractors will solidly in all solidarity be stoicly behind her (best behind than in front I suppose). ;):D

Why is it so hard for you to accept that most people on here don't like either of them? As far as I can see, most FMs who criticise him also criticise her so what does the same old line about us supporting her keep getting trotted out? I thought you PA fans hate it when his detractors churn out the same old, same old so why doesn't it work both ways? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't speak for everyone but as always my problem with the huge amount of exposure these children get is about their lack of privacy, their lack of choice and the fact that they are not covered by the same rights as performers.

I feel the same about any over exposed children, and have said so. Although when Jade knew she was terminal I could understand her need to create a nest egg for the children.

Not sure why you quoted my post. I still don't understand why Pa thinks not using your kids is strange.

I quoted you because you've shown such an interest in the subject. I don't think filming him dancing is a bad thing and I wouldn't think he needs to be covered for performers rights & he isn't missing school etc, but you're entitled not to agree.
  • slslsslsls Posts: 2,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It didn't flop. It reached No. 10 in the album charts and has been certified Silver sales. I understand that it has since sold Gold.

That is a commercial flop. A number 10 album with the amount of high profile, prime time plugs he had, plus the obligatory hawking himself round the gossip mags and engineering a personal crisis to publicise it, is, quite frankly, an embarassment.

Defender was released only 5 weeks ago and it's at number 87. Accelerate has only been out slightly over four weeks and is at number 57. According to the BPI website it is only certified as silver.

If you are, for example, the Didcot WI ladies choir it might be quite respectable sales. Or if you were a debut artist nobody had heard of. But with the level of exposure he has it's a joke.

Radio's won't play it because to the vast majority of people he has no credibility whatsoever, he's a joke.
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is a commercial flop. A number 10 album with the amount of high profile, prime time plugs he had, plus the obligatory hawking himself round the gossip mags and engineering a personal crisis to publicise it, is, quite frankly, an embarassment.

Defender was released only 5 weeks ago and it's at number 87. Accelerate has only been out slightly over four weeks and is at number 57. According to the BPI website it is only certified as silver.

If you are, for example, the Didcot WI ladies choir it might be quite respectable sales. Or if you were a debut artist nobody had heard of. But with the level of exposure he has it's a joke.

Radio's won't play it because to the vast majority of people he has no credibility whatsoever, he's a joke.

What was that then :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why are people who dislike Pete so interested in his sales figures, show ratings, the colour of his bum fluff etc?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just about everything the major radio stations play isn't credible. Pete isn't cool that's all. And that's a bit pathetic of the radio stations.
  • changachanga Posts: 11,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why are people who dislike Pete so interested in his sales figures, show ratings, the colour of his bum fluff etc?

When they're quoted to show his perceived success, it's only fair that they are also quoted to show his (perceived) utter failure.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just about everything the major radio stations play isn't credible. Pete isn't cool that's all. And that's a bit pathetic of the radio stations.

Susan Boyle isn't cool, but she does alright.
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    changa wrote: »
    Susan Boyle isn't cool, but she does alright.

Its the whole story with her though isnt it.........middle aged spinster with learning difficulties goes onto talent show with seemingly aspirations that are above her, and blows everybody away with her beautiful voice. Plus the Americans have taken a shine to her .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sidsgirl wrote: »
    Its the whole story with her though isnt it.........middle aged spinster with learning difficulties goes onto talent show with seemingly aspirations that are above her, and blows everybody away with her beautiful voice. Plus the Americans have taken a shine to her .

True, but PA has a story too, it's just that "broken hearted single part-time devoted father" just doesn't play as well as it used to.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quoted you because you've shown such an interest in the subject. I don't think filming him dancing is a bad thing and I wouldn't think he needs to be covered for performers rights & he isn't missing school etc, but you're entitled not to agree.

This thread is about him finding the idea of not filming the kids strange, not whether Pa uses his mini me for a bit more MJ appreciation in his tour.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread is about him finding the idea of not filming the kids strange, not whether Pa uses his mini me for a bit more MJ appreciation in his tour.
    Already put my opinion on that one.
  • slslsslsls Posts: 2,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sidsgirl wrote: »

She has an absolutely phenomenal talent. I recognise her voice whenever I hear it.

PA is run of the mill and I would have trouble picking his voice out.
This discussion has been closed.