Options

First few days

kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
Forum Member
✭✭
Got TiVo installed on Tuesday and first impressions is that all is pretty good.

Not had loads of time to play with it but find that is does everything my v+HD box did with the TiVo added extras. I like the detail given on some of the programmes and the speed of the box is fine.

My only initial gripes are the TV guide starting at channel 0 (rather than the channel you are on) and how catchup tv programmes are displayed from the on-demand menus, but I'm sure ill get use to it.

Overall very happy.

Comments

• Options
    gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    kidspud wrote: »
    My only initial gripes are the TV guide starting at channel 0 (rather than the channel you are on)

If you press OK on the remote the miniguide will default to the channel you are watching
    kidspud wrote: »
    and how catchup tv programmes are displayed from the on-demand menus, but I'm sure ill get use to it.

You can also get to allot of the catch up un demand stuff by going backwards in the EPG looking for programmes with a little "c" inside a circle and just pressing play on the remote.
    But as you have only just had it installed it may take a couple of days for you to be able to go backwards in the EPG.
  • Options
    kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gds1972 wrote: »
    If you press OK on the remote the miniguide will default to the channel you are watching

You can also get to allot of the catch up un demand stuff by going backwards in the EPG looking for programmes with a little "c" inside a circle and just pressing play on the remote.
    But as you have only just had it installed it may take a couple of days for you to be able to go backwards in the EPG.

Thanks. I have been able to go back in the EPG and that is a very good feature. Using the remote on the iPad makes using the box easier.