Options

Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Comments

• Options
    KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In case others have had my problem, the fix does seem to have worked. I was stuck at 59% earlier and am now on 76% so it's going up, just slowly.

Also does anyone know what the skulls are in better detail than the wiki? I've never known about them in previous games before.
  • Options
    Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that the one with the Flood where you spend the whole time shooting at the floor?

Yup, and it just seems to go on and on and on and on......
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    Yup, and it just seems to go on and on and on and on......

Yep. There's that and a level in (I think) Halo 2 where it's just endless repeating corridors. Other than that they're a fantastic set of games.
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed the library :/
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got home last night at about 10 to find a calling card from Royal Mail. I was confused. Every other game just gets posted through the letterbox. Luckily the local RM depot is only a 5 minute walk so went to collect it this morning. It has been sent in a 25x20x15 box. Then I realised I had ordered the steelbook version from GAME. Due to some saved up points I had been able to get it for £42. The actual game box is 25x20x5 and would have easily fit through my letterbox but for the ridiculous 2/3 empty box it was sent in. Damn you GAME. The one time you are good for anything you mess it up on delivery.

Wooo saaah.

It was a bit of a trudge but I quite liked The Library too. Until I ran out of ammo for UNSC weapons. Projectile weapons are best against The Flood. Especially the shotgun.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My most hated level of any Halo game is Cortana from Halo 3.
  • Options
    WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,463
    Forum Member
    Still haven't received mine :(
  • Options
    deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So much for match making having been fixed. I tried for 45 minutes and got into 1 match
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well looks like it is working now
  • Options
    c00kiemonster72c00kiemonster72 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully my copy will be here tomorrow, as I'm reasonably new to Xbox, I've only very briefly played Halo before and not had chance to play it since.
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well looks like it is working now

I've finished afew chapters of halo1 singleplayer this evening! :cool: ... but really wanna play online multiplayer with u guys (in afew days) when everything's settled down! :D
  • Options
    Jamesollier18Jamesollier18 Posts: 1,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just did the 15GB download overnight started at 11pm finished at 7am
  • Options
    KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I finally got 100% installed late last night but I'm struggling to get an online game going :/
  • Options
    WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,463
    Forum Member
    Finally received my copy today!
  • Options
    He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    WoodsMonk wrote: »
    Finally received my copy today!

Woot!

I should be on this tomorrow night*, if i see any of you guys on i'll join in, or i'll send out some invites and get a few together.

*If my wife allows it...:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    Woot!

I should be on this tomorrow night*, if i see any of you guys on i'll join in, or i'll send out some invites and get a few together.

*If my wife allows it...:(

Damn, got family round tonight so I can't play. But should be on this weekend.
  • Options
    Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I played through the first level of Halo (1) the other night, I can't believe how much the graphics actually change when you press the back button. Absolutely loving it though, would have played more, but had to go to bed for work the following day, lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I played through the first level of Halo (1) the other night, I can't believe how much the graphics actually change when you press the back button. Absolutely loving it though, would have played more, but had to go to bed for work the following day, lol.

The old graphics are so dark and simple compared to now. I'm shocked at how far they have come in 12/13 years
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Played a little of halo single player and because its been so long since I've actually played it, i've forgot what happens which personally is a good thing for me anyway. Im hoping to play halo a lot more this weekend. Don't really get much chance during the week with work. Graphics are fantastic for such an old game. Was the reason they added the option to play with the old graphics to show us how different they are because I can't imagine anyone would actually play the game with them?
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Loving this collection! Near perfect gameplay and controls with such an epic amount of content. There was a Title Update today that improved some of the fps issues, (mainly in Halo 4) not sure what they done or how long they'd been working on it but this is how the game should of shipped.

Played some Halo 2 earlier this morning and was locked into hours of frantic gameplay and couldn't put it down. This remaster is so impressive, the way it switches between the sound and GFX engine on the fly is fascinating, even during cutscenes too (the new ones are brill).
    kendoguk wrote: »
    I enjoyed the library :/

Me too, I appreciated how much of a pure FPS experience it was, only skill can get you through it since it's all about making good use of your weapons and creating space, while it might drag on a little I fet it had a really good rhythm about the gameplay.
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Graphics are fantastic for such an old game. Was the reason they added the option to play with the old graphics to show us how different they are because I can't imagine anyone would actually play the game with them?

Yeah pretty much, though in Halo Anniversaery the art style did change considerably, though I still prefer the newer update visuals I can understand if someone may like the original's distinctive style more.

Halo 2 Anniversary is much more in-keeping with the original artwork and I've wasted enough time just walking around looking at the difference between both versions, it really lets you appreciate just what they've done, I was especially impressed to see dynamic shadows cast from MC's torch. An update like this is a pretty huge task for any studio since they're not small games by today's standards. I didn't expect the sound to switch instantly either but again, nice touch! :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone else start playing Halo 2 and think "this isn't right" with that new clip of Agent Locke? I thought I pressed the wrong button to begin with :p
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Graphics are fantastic for such an old game. Was the reason they added the option to play with the old graphics to show us how different they are because I can't imagine anyone would actually play the game with them?
    When I played the Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary on the 360 I couldn't help but keep switching between the two versions, in a way I wish they kept it out as it was distracting lol.
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is anyone else having trouble with some achievements? The first terminal on pillar of autumn didn't unlock for me :(