Neighbours- Characters that did not work.

vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,462
Forum Member
✭✭
Neighbours is riding high once again but it has had its bad characters in the past.

The Extension of the Parker Family proved unpopular in 2007, the second Declan Napier & the boring Michael Williams.

Comments

• RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ned Parker was the worst.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The two children, Mental Ben and MickeyTheShit. Both beyond annoying. Mickey marginally worse due to his Parker connection.
  • Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt Turner is just weak.
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The problem with the Parkers was that they axed the Timmins family to introduce then. The Timminses were a colourful bunch of entertaining characters whereas the Parkers were so bland and boring without personalities. Their first storyline involved them feuding with the Kennedy's as well who are everybody's favourite family so they were never going to come out of that popular. The only interesting one was the wife's sister but even she seemed like a carbon copy of Izzy Hoyland and didn't last onscreen very long either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Hancocks
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DaisieBee wrote: »
    The Hancocks

Yes they were awful.
  • TTTVTTTV Posts: 3,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Lim family

After it was pointed out that Ramsay Street was the least ethnically diverse cul-de-sac on the planet, Neighbours producers came up with Chinese family The Lims. So, just how do you tackle the sensitive issue of racial diversity in late 20th Century Australia? You have Julie Martin accuse the Chinese family of eating her daughter’s dog of course – not to mention liberal Wayne Duncan suddenly becoming a dyed in the wool, ‘they come ‘ere and take our jobs’ racist. Poor plots and even poorer acting made the Lim family one of the biggest embarrassments in the show’s history. Within six weeks they’d packed up and moved to Eden Hills, to be missed by absolutely nobody on or off screen.
  • LiverpoolFCGirlLiverpoolFCGirl Posts: 15,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can I say Amber? :blush:

Perfectly competent actress I think but there's only so many boy related storylines I can deal with. I can't remember her last storyline that didn't involve a member of the opposite sex. So so needy as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt Turner is just weak.

He is leaving.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TTTV wrote: »
    The Lim family

After it was pointed out that Ramsay Street was the least ethnically diverse cul-de-sac on the planet, Neighbours producers came up with Chinese family The Lims. So, just how do you tackle the sensitive issue of racial diversity in late 20th Century Australia? You have Julie Martin accuse the Chinese family of eating her daughter’s dog of course – not to mention liberal Wayne Duncan suddenly becoming a dyed in the wool, ‘they come ‘ere and take our jobs’ racist. Poor plots and even poorer acting made the Lim family one of the biggest embarrassments in the show’s history. Within six weeks they’d packed up and moved to Eden Hills, to be missed by absolutely nobody on or off screen.

We never actually saw the Lim Family did we?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Benito, Cathy & Marco Alessi did not last long.
  • TTTVTTTV Posts: 3,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    We never actually saw the Lim Family did we?

Yes....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Kapoors.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sunny ('Help! Help! I've fallen down a small slope!') was awful.

The Donna's siblings were pretty rubbish too. I liked her Mum as it gave Elle a chance to sort her out for messing with her Donna.
  • PEARLY331PEARLY331 Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daphne Clarke - Couldn't stand her
  • gwendagwenda Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RiDsTeR wrote: »
    Ned Parker was the worst.

First one to spring to my mind.
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,870
    Forum Member
    The Parkers. Who can forget the stilted " Oh no poor Libby" line.

BentheShit and MickeytheShit

The Hancocks

Sunny Lee

The Kapoors. Nothing more than a bid to try and show viewers they were inclusive of all races.

Amber, Mason and Matt Turner.
  • Amy76Amy76 Posts: 625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What about Sienna - the cousin of Carmella and she worked in the coffee shop.

Totally hopeless actress and totally pointless character. She had no story lines and she ended up leaving to go abroad with a guy who was the guitarist in the band Rachel Kinski was in.

Complete waste of a salary paying for that actress/character.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ringo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mason Turner!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mason was axed but was Matt also axed? Also Marlene's dreadful man friend Colin back in 1995, he was awful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Parkers. Who can forget the stilted " Oh no poor Libby" line.

BentheShit and MickeytheShit

The Hancocks

Sunny Lee

The Kapoors. Nothing more than a bid to try and show viewers they were inclusive of all races.

Amber, Mason and Matt Turner.

Who was Sunny Lee?
  • actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    The houseshare people, Pepper, Frazer, Rosie and the other one.
  • Lauren_WeezleyLauren_Weezley Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    Carmella's cousin Sienna (arrive and leave without storyline so pointless)
    Mason Turner (never like him since he arrive, rubbish boyfriend to Kate)
    Mickey (annoyed and spoilt brat)
    Natasha (i don't care about her, including her fake pregnancy, end up travelling with Andrew)

Annalise Hartman (sorry people, i never like her anyway, her mother let Paul's father Jim die)
    Sunny (I'm not a racist, her character is not good)
    Second Declan by Erin Mullally (He's really nothing like the original Declan by James Sorensen)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The houseshare people, Pepper, Frazer, Rosie and the other one.

The other one barely lasted a month.

Big Kev did not last long as a regular.

Somebody called Lisa too?