Katie: "You know what? Sod it!"

grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
Forum Member
Anyone have a little chuckle at this? :o
At the start of Katie's performance I thought she was singing with emotion, then as it went on I thought she was overacting too much (she forgot her words), but that little aside (and then sitting down), sounded like she was saying "F*ck this, I've had enough!"
TreyC is clearly a better singer.
Cheryl didnt vote so how come TreyC went? :confused::confused:

Comments

• lux lisbon 2lux lisbon 2 Posts: 6,273
    Forum Member
    These are the perks when you are on syco's payroll...:rolleyes:
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a very quick decision to allow her to wimp out. Clearly Weasel was bottom so they couldn't allow deadlock.

In the past when the judges have sat on the fence they've been fairly persistent in telling them they have to make a choice. I'd have loved it if they'd said "OK Cheryl, if you don't choose we'll make it a double eviction and chuck them both out".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure... Cheryl said 'I'm not voting' (or words to that effect) and then that she would take it too deadlock. Dermot kept saying we're running out of time, so I guess the producers thought it'd be better to just skip over her to save time/ complications etc.
    I'm sure there'll be an outcry and Ofcom etc, seeing as if Cheryl voted and it went to deadlock, TreyC could have stayed..
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I felt sorry for Katie at the end really. It wasnt a very good performance but she looked pretty hurt and pissed off at the end :(
    Simon is supposed to vote on who gave the best performance THEN, not who he wants to see next week!
  • kirstylouise666kirstylouise666 Posts: 6,959
    Forum Member
    It was a very quick decision to allow her to wimp out. Clearly Weasel was bottom so they couldn't allow deadlock.

In the past when the judges have sat on the fence they've been fairly persistent in telling them they have to make a choice. I'd have loved it if they'd said "OK Cheryl, if you don't choose we'll make it a double eviction and chuck them both out".

Double eviction? Too much Big Brother?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The "sod it" disrespectful comment and the fact Katie was in bottom 2 three times means that she should have gone....but we know where the judges affiliation is always when it comes to Katie and Cher. TreyC was expendable...after all if Katie forgetting words during the sing-off wouldnt see her go home then nothing will...only the actual public vote without judges voting will see her off.

Its a despicable decision and Katie will probably wish she had gone this week such will be the backlash.
  • Shady123Shady123 Posts: 4,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now I'm not a fan of katie but that peformance earned a but of my respect :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katie's own statement showed her giving up! At that point she should have followed thorugh and left if she wasn't bothered anymore. I wouldn't save her as a judge because her vocals aren't good and awful compared to Treyc; and she would have shown me she wasn't bothered to stay.
  • Plant_PiePlant_Pie Posts: 3,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And she'll be doing it all again next week...maybe this time she might actully go! Doubt it though
    Forum Member
    The "sod it" comment sounded disrespectful IMO, almost like Katie was giving up HERSELF, and then she remembers she still has the last line to sing... :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    Lydian wrote: »
    Its a despicable decision and Katie will probably wish she had gone this week such will be the backlash.

Where as think TreyC could've possibly pulled a great performance out of the bag further down the line, and maybe won abit of support, Katie will surely just be in the bottom till she goes.

Where Dermot will surely have to prise her desperate fingers from the microphone...
  • sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    Shady123 wrote: »
    Now I'm not a fan of katie but that peformance earned a but of my respect :D

Me too. They should all do this! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was hilarious. And even hilariouser that she's still there. What a farce.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If any of the other acts from the previous weeks would have thrown a strop and said " sod it", near the end of their song.... they would have went for sure, as the judges always based their decisions on the sing off..
  • emma555emma555 Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    The "sod it" comment sounded disrespectful IMO, almost like Katie was giving up HERSELF, and then she remembers she still has the last line to sing... :D

Haha, I didn't know the song she was singing, and thought she might have been ad-libbing those 'Don't give up on me' lyrics. :D Oh dear. Maddening the way it turned out, I can't see Katie making a comeback now though.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,269
    Forum Member
    I wonder is she will get told off for saying 'sod', after all 1 dire-ctions fans wouldn't hear such words :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,207
    Forum Member
    But this is what adds extra to the X factor - boring performers are 2 a penny
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where as think TreyC could've possibly pulled a great performance out of the bag further down the line, and maybe won abit of support, Katie will surely just be in the bottom till she goes. Where Dermot will surely have to prise her desperate fingers from the microphone...

Katie has survived being in the bottom two 3 times now, which has rarely if ever happened before.
    Forum Member
    emma555 wrote: »
    Haha, I didn't know the song she was singing, and thought she might have been ad-libbing those 'Don't give up on me' lyrics. :D Oh dear. Maddening the way it turned out, I can't see Katie making a comeback now though.

I didnt know the song either and thought maybe she was adlibbing, then it twigged :D
    It was funny :o , but also quite disrespectful and rude. She might as well have said "I can't be arsed" before singing.
  • moomeemoomee Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    Katie reminded me of Shirlena at the end!!:eek::eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's so mean to keep her in, bless her. She's just going to have to do it all again next week. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely if she's in the bottom 2 next week, they'll HAVE to consider the fact that it will be the 4th time in 6 weeks she has been there, and that obviously the public REALLY don't want to see her next week!!!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i thought it was real and emotional kinda let the public in how she was feeling
  • tomharry2tomharry2 Posts: 4,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah sod it cant be bothered with this sing off every week. Simon will keep me in anyway ...next time i wil just fart on stage and simon will say atleast my farts were in tune.....
  • ogg monsterogg monster Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    I got bored of her half way through and stopped listening - bugger!

Is it on youtube yet anyone know?