Three Data Sims Price Increase

zonecrewzonecrew Posts: 69
Forum Member
Hi

Looks like three have hiked up the price of 3gb pre-loaded data Sims from around £15 to the £20 mark PAYG

Anyone seen them cheaper online?

Comments

• BKMBKM Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    zonecrew wrote: »
    Hi

Looks like three have hiked up the price of 3gb pre-loaded data Sims from around £15 to the £20 mark PAYG

Anyone seen them cheaper online?
    I thought they were always this price from Three but the eBay sellers and Amazon who used to sell them for £10-£12 have come up to this level now!

Currys/PC World are selling the 1Gb versions for £2.99 which is a great price. This was publicised at the end of last week so you may have to check if any are left (but this can be done online). I got 4 on Saturday!
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I've noticed this too. My 3 month 3 GB SIM is about to run out and I had been looking for another one. The one I got from Amazon (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00AA7JWXY/) for £12 in August is now £19.99!

With prices like that I'm thinking that I might as well save myself the trouble of reordering every 3 months go on a one month rolling contract. Virgin do 500MB for £5 or 1GB for £7 a month.

Edit: That Currys deals looks good.
  • zonecrewzonecrew Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Thanks. Just ordered the last two in my local Currys

it seems that Three have also increased their data for their pay monthly Sims from 5gb to 10gb for the same price (£15)
  • culabulaculabula Posts: 858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In this offer, Currys appear to be offering EE data SIMs on PAYG too. How is this possible? Are they separating them from the phones?
  • mickwallmickwall Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    culabula wrote: »
    In this offer, Currys appear to be offering EE data SIMs on PAYG too. How is this possible? Are they separating them from the phones?

EE are already selling Mobile Broadband SIMs on PAYG themselves: http://shop.ee.co.uk/mbb-simo-group/
  • culabulaculabula Posts: 858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mickwall wrote: »
    EE are already selling Mobile Broadband SIMs on PAYG themselves: http://shop.ee.co.uk/mbb-simo-group/

Do'h. Went into their shop here yesterday and they claimed to know SFA about them.

Thanks!
    Forum Member
    zonecrew wrote: »
    Thanks. Just ordered the last two in my local Currys
    Last weekend and while Currys online ordering system would only let me reserve 2 SIMs "for store collection" there WERE more available! I just asked at the counter if they had any!
  • mickwallmickwall Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    BKM wrote: »
    Last weekend and while Currys online ordering system would only let me reserve 2 SIMs "for store collection" there WERE more available! I just asked at the counter if they had any!

Been trying to order a few today, Currys site keeps failing no matter if I try store collect or home delivery. :confused:
    Forum Member
    mickwall wrote: »
    Been trying to order a few today, Currys site keeps failing no matter if I try store collect or home delivery. :confused:
    Have you tried the PC World site - same offer!
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Popped into Currys/PC World this evening and they had none at all in stock.